PDA

View Full Version : who would be interested in renting PRP?

MBH
06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
An evo guy I ran at PRP is looking to get a bunch of the locals together to rent out PRP sometime this summer. I'm not sure about the details involved, but I asked if I could extend the offer to you guys, and he was very welcome to the idea.

I'm still a noob on here, so if anybody has any experience or advice, please chime in.

With that said... who would be up for something like this? If you guys wanted, maybe we could try to expand it into a meet then track day or something.... just kicking around some ideas!

John4cam
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
An evo guy I ran at PRP is looking to get a bunch of the locals together to rent out PRP sometime this summer. I'm not sure about the details involved, but I asked if I could extend the offer to you guys, and he was very welcome to the idea.

I'm still a noob on here, so if anybody has any experience or advice, please chime in.

With that said... who would be up for something like this? If you guys wanted, maybe we could try to expand it into a meet then track day or something.... just kicking around some ideas!

I'm game. I think a friday night would be best.

yellowstang03
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
i would be all about that for sure:awsome:

2001GTTT
06-29-2008, 10:42 PM
id be down

sutyak
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Sounds fun

NateSVT
06-30-2008, 12:33 AM
I would go, if my car is done by then.

casper gt
06-30-2008, 01:31 AM
hey I got a great idea! why dont you guys quit trying to come up with ways to not race but look like you know it all & just come up on a raceday? tt's,fld's= gay. come on guys just one of you stap on your b*ll's & come up on a reg. race day,then maybe you would actually have something to talk about on here,heaven forbid you might win or something.

SonofaBish
06-30-2008, 06:04 AM
hey I got a great idea! why dont you guys quit trying to come up with ways to not race but look like you know it all & just come up on a raceday? tt's,fld's= gay. come on guys just one of you stap on your b*ll's & come up on a reg. race day,then maybe you would actually have something to talk about on here,heaven forbid you might win or something.
hahahaha :rofl:

.... says the guy with a 14 second car

2001GTTT
06-30-2008, 08:39 AM

having a bad day or something??

scott5
06-30-2008, 08:46 AM
hahahaha :rofl:

.... says the guy with a 14 second car

x2:laughing:

Steve-0
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM

Rofl. Maybe some people just want to see how fast their car is. :rofl:

gmkillr
06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Rofl. Maybe some people just want to see how fast their car is. :rofl:

Or slow..........:yes:
I do agree that FLD's are ghey!
Why run your car hard and have no time or evidence of how you ran?

MBH
06-30-2008, 09:45 AM
hahaha, well thanks for giving me a laugh to start my day :rofl:all aboard the failboat...

So I take it this would be something that you guys would be interested in? I haven't heard back from the track owner yet, but assuming its 2k to rent it, we'd need 40 guys to get it to be $50. I think we'd be able to hit that number if we got the local evo, wrx, gm guys on board so that this could be affordable.

Let me know what you guys want and I'll do my best to work towards that for you guys. e.g. If you'd rather pay more & have less people I'll try to work it that way for you guys. Just let me know and I'll take care of it for now... that way we can avoid having to grow a pair and go out on a real raceday :rolleyes:

gmkillr
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
40 guys is nothing, shoot for 80-100 and get the price down a little. I've been to track rentals where there was 100 cars and you can pretty much run your car 1000 times if you wanted to.
Good luck working with the Tedesco's!:rolleyes:

sutyak
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I can try and get the guys from WVMotorsports in on this too if it looks like it's going to happen.

gmkillr
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I also vote rwd sticky tire guys only.

u1arunit
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM

:rofl:Thanks for yet another useless post. :p

MBH
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
just curious about your reasoning?
I don't think that would be the case with what I was trying to get together here, although if you guys wanted I'm sure that we could pull together and make it happen.

I think that this could be pretty cool to work it into a local import vs domestic shoot out or like a 'community' shoot out for each of the car communities that we represent.
so far I think the groups involved would include mustangs, evos, & subarus... but I'm sure we could work it out however we wanted. I'm just trying to get a jump start on this so that when we go to make this happen, i'll have an idea of what we want and I'll try to work it towards that as much as possible.

Just an idea that I had in my head was either a meet before hand (that way everybody's cars are running lol) or a meet afterwards then having a few brews and bsing. again, just kicking around some ideas.

03 OW SVT
06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd be game for this. Never been to PRP. Maybe shoot for sometime in the fall when the weather is a little cooler.:thmbsup:

somethingclever
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM

So I guess we could put you down as a "No"?

:biglaugh:

A buddy of mine went to a track rental that was posted on here in OCT 06. In about 4 hrs time he got 35 runs.

Say I show up on a regular race day, and won the class I was racing in. Typically, how many runs could I expect to make and in what time frame? ;)

scott5
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM

this count in bikes too? I got a sticky tire out back and its rwd:rofl:

Jper
06-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Im down and definately have some friends who would be down..Lets set a date so we can move on from there!

sutyak
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM

Thanks. :thumbsdown:

speedracer
06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I'd be interested

Martin0660
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
You guys might want to actually talk to the track before getting too excited here. The last I heard from someone they actually responded to, it was "X $$'s" for the rental UP TO a number of cars, plus a starter, timeslip attendant, ambulance, etc, then ADD $$'s for more cars. I think he told me it worked out to something between $100-$150 per car the way it's structured (cant remeber exact figures). In other words you arent going to throw 200 people at it for $15 each to run.

Bob Myers

MBH
06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
You guys might want to actually talk to the track before getting too excited here. The last I heard from someone they actually responded to, it was "X $$'s" for the rental UP TO a number of cars, plus a starter, timeslip attendant, ambulance, etc, then ADD $$'s for more cars. I think he told me it worked out to something between $100-$150 per car the way it's structured (cant remeber exact figures). In other words you arent going to throw 200 people at it for $15 each to run.

Bob Myers
They have not responded to my email which I sent last night, so this is definitely a possibility.

Hopefully everything works out, and I'm sure that there would be some type of a limit to the # of people involved. Obviously they're not going to rent it out to 400 cars for $2k or something like that. I couldn't imagine that more than 100 cars would be interested, but who knows.

I'll be sure to report what the track owner says once I hear back. If anybody has any connections, please use em.

94svtcobra
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd go

Jper
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Its 1050 for 10 cars..They have more rates but the guy was busy and said to Email him and he would Email me the full price list..

MBH
06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Its 1050 for 10 cars..They have more rates but the guy was busy and said to Email him and he would Email me the full price list..
Who was the guy you talked to? I'm assuming the price would go down per car for more cars.. but hey its a start

M-dubb
06-30-2008, 07:01 PM
ya that sounds kool get peeps together an chill.

Jper
06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Who was the guy you talked to? I'm assuming the price would go down per car for more cars.. but hey its a start

Carmens brother..I called and he said "Hello carman speaking" Then he was like hold on talk to my brother haha.

John4cam
06-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Are you saying race all the cars being trailered into the track?

97svt
06-30-2008, 08:26 PM
im not able to race but ill come up and spectate

casper gt
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Are you saying race all the cars being trailered into the track?

no. what I'm saying is t&t's/fld's are ok for an occasional trip/etc but there is ALAWAYS gonna be someone faster so that "check me out I went 1-2 tenths faster for the 3k I just spent" has to get old sometimes. seems to me that actualy going up on a raceday & haveing a chance of winning a race or two seem a little more intresting. oh & as far as my car running 14s thats true & every one knows it. however its easy to talk on line its another to run em. so my ofer stands as always,bring em up on raceday & put up or shut up. my record stands for it's self I've sent plenty of guys faster than you home.

u1arunit
06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
no. what I'm saying is t&t's/fld's are ok for an occasional trip/etc but there is ALAWAYS gonna be someone faster so that "check me out I went 1-2 tenths faster for the 3k I just spent" has to get old sometimes. seems to me that actualy going up on a raceday & haveing a chance of winning a race or two seem a little more intresting. oh & as far as my car running 14s thats true & every one knows it. however its easy to talk on line its another to run em. so my ofer stands as always,bring em up on raceday & put up or shut up. my record stands for it's self I've sent plenty of guys faster than you home.

Personally I have always liked heads up style racing.

As far as consistency, my wife could beat most of the people on the track at any given time while driving an automatic transmission 14 second car.

The fact that you get many more runs in at a rental is just a bonus.

casper gt
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Personally I have always liked heads up style racing.

As far as consistency, my wife could beat most of the people on the track at any given time while driving an automatic transmission 14 second car.

The fact that you get many more runs in at a rental is just a bonus.

spoken like a true amature, bracket racing is not that easy & anyone who thinks it is is touching their selves, but you John Force heads up wanna be's keep feeding into it & when you realize you can't cut it in a head's up class bring it up & we'll show you how to bracket race.

2001GTTT
06-30-2008, 09:46 PM
spoken like a true amature, bracket racing is not that easy & anyone who thinks it is is touching their selves, but you John Force heads up wanna be's keep feeding into it & when you realize you can't cut it in a head's up class bring it up & we'll show you how to bracket race.

dude no one did a thing to you and you lay your attitude onto everybody, whats the deal? If you dont want to be involved then keep your mouth shut.

John4cam
06-30-2008, 09:46 PM

To each his own, I think it's fun eeking every last tenth out of your car, if it's icing the intake, playing with tire pressure, weight reduction ext.

My best time to date is a 12.28, and I'm fine with that since I drive my ride their and back over an hour each way and get around 20mpg. Most people on here really enjoy tnt, and I think these are the reasons.

I could care less if I win anything.. If you like going out on raceday good 4 you.

MBH
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey I have an idea... get the **** out of the thread! :awsome:

Your shit is slow, I don't care how 'sweet' you are at mashing the gas pedal. I'm sure I can cut really good r/t's with my automatic hummer too if I want, but guess what... its still slow. I'm sure there are cars on here that could line up backwards against you, make a 3 point turn to face the right way, and still show you their tail lights by the end of the 1/4.

In case you missed the memo, nobody gives 2 shits about your name calling... even an admin made fun of you buddy! get a clue!!

/rant.

I guess we won't have to worry about your debby downer ass coming since its not bracket racing, will we :)

2001GTTT
06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey I have an idea... get the **** out of the thread! :awsome:

Your shit is slow, I don't care how 'sweet' you are at mashing the gas pedal. I'm sure I can cut really good r/t's with my automatic hummer too if I want, but guess what... its still slow. I'm sure there are cars on here that could line up backwards against you, make a 3 point turn to face the right way, and still show you their tail lights by the end of the 1/4.

In case you missed the memo, nobody gives 2 shits about your name calling... even an admin made fun of you buddy! get a clue!!

/rant.

I guess we won't have to worry about your debby downer ass coming since its not bracket racing, will we :)

almost pissed my pants from laughing.......HEY ill bring my moms 4 cylinder mitsu SUV and you bring your hummer than we'll see whats up you heads up biotch!!
It has the tiptronic shifting too, so i can be all automatic and gay or all manual and cool.

Troll
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
who would be interested in renting PRP?

not me. I just want to butt into an "on topic" thread and start some sh1t because I'm a douche.

fixed ^^^ :biglaugh:

I'm not interested either, but I couldn't stay away from this fun.

I drive my car twice a month, get drunk on the weekends and smoke old ladies in Chevy Malibus at every stop light. STFU. :laughing:

97LaserRed
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Ill bring my stang up. I have no idea what it runs.

MBH
06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
fixed ^^^ :biglaugh:

I'm not interested either, but I couldn't stay away from this fun.

I drive my car twice a month, get drunk on the weekends and smoke old ladies in Chevy Malibus at every stop light. STFU. :laughing:
oh my god my eyes just watered up from laughing!!

hummer is a mega bracket racing king. too slow to get affected by anything... although it goes through gas quick enough... after a few runs I might need to start drilling for oil :rotflol:

sutyak
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I haven't run my Focus since the turbo, so I'd like to get more than 4 or 5 runs in like on a T&T day.
I'm not used to racing a FWD, so the more runs I can get the better.

u1arunit
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM

LOL! I have probably been racing for more years than you have been on earth. My last 6 runs at PRP are all within 1/4-1/2 a tenth of each other. Not bad for a high HP manual trans car with a driver that might race once or twice a year now.

I never said that I think that it's hard or easy for that matter. What I said was that it is easy with a slow consistent automatic car.

This thread is made to see how many people want to do a rental. Don't post in it if you don't want to attend.

If you just want to come here to argue you will have a lot more time off to practice your bracket racing.

Take a hint or take a vacation. Your choice.

casper gt
07-01-2008, 02:00 AM
sorry fellas been in a fowl mood lately, sorry for jackin' your thread.good luck on your rental.

u1arunit
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
sorry fellas been in a fowl mood lately, sorry for jackin' your thread.good luck on your rental.

No problem, thanks for being cool about it. :goodidea:

frankstang
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd be interested. I really need to learn how to launch my car since I did the T5 swap. Went from an Aod and street tires to T5 and drag radials. I could use all the seat time I can get.

Shorty429
07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd be up for it.

MBH
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
OK so far the following people on this forum have expressed interest:
**Assuming the the time/price works for them**

1. MBH --------------03 Cobra
2. John4cam---------98 Cobra
3. yellowstang03-----03 GT
4. 2001GTTT---------01 GT
5. sporadic-----------06 Turboed Focus
6. NateSVT ----------04 Cobra (if car is done)
7. CST 03------------03 Cobra
8. Jper---------------04 GT
9. speedracer--------03 Cobra
10. 94svtcobra-------94 Cobra
11. M-dubb----------88 GT
12. 97svt------------97 Cobra (spectator?)
13. 97LaserRed------97 Procharged 6
14. frankstang-------91 LX
15. Shorty429-------98 GT
16. u1arunit----------04 Cobra
17. SonofaBish-------01 Trans Am
18. Stangman701-----03 Cobra
19. Killercanary-------95 GT

have posted in here but didn't say if they would go or not (let me know!)

1. scott5------------95 Z28
2. Steve-0----------99 Ranger (?)
3. gmkillr------------94 Cobra
4. somethingclever--69 Fastback (?)
5. Martin0660-------84 Capri RS
6. Troll-------------01 GT (?)

Not going:

1. casper gt -------[racer] (see what I did there?)

Headcount for your friends who are not on this forum (if invited):

# friend of / their name / car / "home" forum(?) - PLEASE POST
1. MBH / Steve / Evo 8 / evolutionm.net
2. MBH / bvdawg12 / Evo 9 / evolutionm.net
3. MBH / Chris / 05 GTO / nasioc.com & ls1gto.com
4. MBH / dmross / sti swapped 2.5rs / nasioc.com

Stangman701
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
If you're able to make this happen for around $40 or less then I would be interested

SonofaBish
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
If you're able to make this happen for around $40 or less then I would be interested
I'm with my boy Ray on this one... If its low enough cost, i'd consider, but you'd have to have a date before i can say a definite yes or no

Killercanary
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Count me and my dad in as long as I don't have the date saved for something else.

MBH
07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
updated the list. Why can't I edit my first post? that would be pretty useful for something like this...

I'm just trying to get a guestimate for how many people and who would want to go. We have the ford night on july 20th coming up, so I think it would be best to have a rental after that. It also might be better if we do it when the weather is cooling down, but still before the college guys have to go back to college (I don't even know if that would affect anybody, but I'm just trying to think ahead.)

As far as a time frame, when would be the best time? late august/early september when the weather gets cooler again?

updated list:

frankstang
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm assuming the tree and timing system will be operational for a track rental?

MBH
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Yes, I just spoke with Frank & he said that we'd have access to everything more or less. Ambulance, insurance, all that stuff.

I'm going to have him fax me over the pricing sheet either tonight or tomorrow.... but it sounds like it'll *probably* be somewhere around $100 per car, and it isn't really all that dependent on the number of cars from what I understood. I didn't ask him how long the rental would last or if there are different rates on different days, etc. Hopefully I'll get that soon and I'll relay all of the information back to this thread.

scott5
07-01-2008, 07:15 PM

I will tell ya what, i will bring my moms ford taurus up tehre and run 14s all day long so when you go home you can say you lost to a 14 sec car.. Just man up and say your car is slow and bracket racing is an excuse to say you cant make yours go faster..

scott5
07-01-2008, 07:20 PM
i would be down, but i doubt i will be around.. I will be up in new york already moved it.. So you gotta count me out

pwtmxracing
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
im in and i can get aleast 2 of 3 cars from westnewton to come with me if u can get me a date i can get even more guys i khow a bunch of older cats with vipers and a few vetts that want to race eachother and not deal with all the bs that goes on on a test and tune night

u1arunit
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes, I just spoke with Frank & he said that we'd have access to everything more or less. Ambulance, insurance, all that stuff.

I'm going to have him fax me over the pricing sheet either tonight or tomorrow.... but it sounds like it'll *probably* be somewhere around $100 per car, and it isn't really all that dependent on the number of cars from what I understood. I didn't ask him how long the rental would last or if there are different rates on different days, etc. Hopefully I'll get that soon and I'll relay all of the information back to this thread.

It should be a set price that we split up by the amount of people that we get and pay that amount.

I can tell you that if it's more than $40-50 you won't get anyone. Paying $100 is way too much.

You need to find this out for sure first.

gmkillr
07-02-2008, 01:56 AM
It should be a set price that we split up by the amount of people that we get and pay that amount.

I can tell you that if it's more than $40-50 you won't get anyone. Paying $100 is way too much.

I agree, $40- to $50 max and i'll be in as long as they are spraying both lanes with VHT. If FWD's are going to be allowed in, I might have another car to come.

MBH
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

I agree 100% with everything you said. Don't shoot the messenger though!

I left two messages for Frank to fax the track rental rates over, still haven't gotten anything.

IMO I'd be very disappointed if it wasn't a flat rate. Its not like it costs them more $$ to run more cars.

As much as I'd love to see this happen I won't do it for $100 a car.

MBH
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Ok, just got the rates faxed to me

"Minimum rental is 4 hours"

Number of cars:
1-12 cars - $300/hr (4 hours = $1200 + extras) absolute min = $100/car
12-20 = $350/hr (4 hours = $1400 + extras) absolute min = $70/car
21-40= $500/hr (4 hours = $2000 + extras) absolute min = $50/car
41-60=$650/hr (4 hours = $2600 + extras) absolute min = $43.33/car

Number of lanes:
1 = $0/hr
2 = $75/hr (4 hours = $300)

Traction compound (per lane)
330' $0/lane
660' $350/lane
1230' $500/lane

Track Staff (Per Hour) - if anybody cares to explain what each one of these is, PLEASE let me know.
tower $25/hr
head $25/hr
starter $25/hr
ET Slips $25/hr
Add'l Safety $25/hr

Oil Downs (I assume this is a reference to track clean up if somebody breaks)
60' or less = $150 x #
up to 330' = $300 x #
1/2 track = $500 x #
whole track = $700 x #

*there is an extra charge of $500 if the track lights are turned on*

Realistic #'s while still trying to keep cost down, assuming we have the maximum number of cars per pricing level
with the following scenario:
2 lanes ($75/hr = +$300)
330' traction compound (free)
starter ($25/hr X 4 = +$100)
ET Slips ($25/hr x 4 = +100)
oil downs paid for out of pocket by the individual that broke.
total price of minimal 'extras' = $500

13-20 cars (assuming 20): $95
21-40 cars (assuming 40): $62.50
41-60 cars (assuming 60): $51.67

:o

u1arunit
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I agree 100% with everything you said. Don't shoot the messenger though!

I didn't mean any thing negative. Maybe I should have used a smiley. lol :veryhappy:

MBH
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I didn't mean any thing negative. Maybe I should have used a smiley. lol :veryhappy:
well good, cause i didn't take it that way - I just meant don't shoot the messenger in general. realistic and pessimistic are two different things :)

either way, I posted up a few price estimates for us

blkp42e
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
i would possibly be in if i ever get motivated to tinker with my car

frankstang
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd shoot for an early autumn date. I hate racing when it's 85-95 degrees.

sutyak
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Same here. I'm willing to bring people from other sites, but some WILL be FWD so let me know if you're going with what other people suggested about the RWD only...

Shorty429
07-03-2008, 01:25 AM
My 98GT is experiencing some serious problems so she wont' be making it out. I'll bring my 86GT instead. I have a friend with a 87 supra that i know is game and I'll try and ask some guys at work if they'd be interested. but count the supra in.

MBH
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM
as far as the rwd cars only - I don't think that would be in our best interest financially. We'll be there for 4 hours, so there will be a ton of time to run as much as you want.
As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what make/model/drivetrain comes, but I don't want any diesels running because they put soot down on the track, and I REALLY don't want to have cars that might break down on the track running, because not only are they going to ruin it for themselves (they pay the track clean up), they're going to mess it up for everybody else (we'd have to wait for the track to get cleaned up which would cut into our rental time that we're paying for)

I agree entirely, but at the same time I'd hope to do it on the weekend.

GENERAL QUESTION:

Would a Sunday afternoon be the best time for everyone? maybe like 1pm-5pm?

I haven't talked to anyone to confirm/deny it, but Sunday September 14th looks to be open on the PRP calendar.

Please let me know:
-if you're still willing to go if it works out to be ~$70-80 per person (32-40 cars would be realistic). Think of it like $20/hr to rent it for yourself.
-what time frames will work for you, meaning days of the week.
-if you have friends that would want to go for that type of price.

MBH
07-03-2008, 10:43 AM

20. Killercanary, Sr. ----?
friends who are not on this forum
21. MBH / Steve / Evo 8 / evolutionm.net
22. MBH / bvdawg12 / Evo 9 / evolutionm.net
23. MBH / Chris / 05 GTO / nasioc.com & ls1gto.com
24. MBH / dmross / sti swapped 2.5rs / nasioc.com
25. sporadic's friends ? ? ? ?
26. Shorty / ? / 87 Supra
have posted in here but didn't say if they would go or not (let me know!)

1. scott5------------95 Z28
2. Steve-0----------99 Ranger (?)
3. gmkillr------------94 Cobra
4. somethingclever--69 Fastback (?)
5. Martin0660-------84 Capri RS
6. Troll-------------01 GT (?)

Will not be going (help me out, let me know)
stangman701?
sonofabish?

CobraII
07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Sunday, September 14, is King of Street at PRP, which is a very cool race day. All cars must be PA street legal (licensed, inspected, insured), antique/classic plates allowed, slicks and open headers allowed, bracket racing, $1000 to win. :goodidea::goodidea: It looks like every Sunday in September is filled.

Depending on the date and if you have room, I'd be interested, and possibly Balaska and Ares, maybe a couple others. We race every weekend, so we wouldn't want to take away spots from anyone else. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see how you're filling up.

MBH
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
ah, thanks I must have missed that when I made a calendar for myself. I think that there shouldn't be a problem filling up or anything. This thread is kind of a mess though, I'll update it periodically as I can.

scott5
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
wont be able to make it.. sunday is double time where i work!!! haha

SonofaBish
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I'll probably pass for that much $... Plus, i have to check my calendar, but i think i'm supposed to be out of town that weekend for either an actuarial conference or a golf tournament..... i only have 1 open weekend in sept. so i'd have to look... I think i'll likely pass though...

have fun gentleman

SK360
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
We did a 75 car rental of Quaker, and it ended up being $40 a car.

And we had basically unlimited runs... There were times where there was no one running and the staging lane people were yelling for people to come run.

I am def in, but the price has to be reasonable.

I can get the Western PA Goats to join in, which would get us atleast 10 additional cars to drive costs down.

97LaserRed
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Sunday! Ftw!

gmkillr
07-03-2008, 07:12 PM
How about a Quaker City rental? PRP is garbage and so is the ownership.

Jper
07-03-2008, 08:36 PM
4. MBH / dmross / sti swapped 2.5rs / nasioc.com

Thats danny right? That thing is sick!

MBH
07-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Where is it & can you do some leg work?

2001GTTT
07-04-2008, 12:32 AM

Love the track, hate the staff.

gmkillr
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Where is it & can you do some leg work?

It's in Salem OH. From Robinson, it's about 1.5 hours, maybe less.
I would be willing to help.

SK360
07-04-2008, 01:23 AM

I agree.

Our track rental at Quaker ended up being $40 a car with 75 total cars preregistered with the ENTIRE 1/4 mile prepped and reprepped as needed for 6.... 6 Hours!.

Everything went great, except for the weather. It rained about 3 hours in, we waited it out, and they had it dried and ready to run within 20 minutes.

They had us provide staff for staging lanes, waterbox and timeslip booth, so people just volunteered for half hour shifts and all went well.

I would rather give my money to them, then to the Tedesco's.

Last night just reaffirmed my hatred.... "Oh that car's leaking trans fluid, run him!" *trans fluid down the entire 1320' and beyond. 2 hour cleanup*

gmkillr
07-04-2008, 01:25 AM
I agree.

Our track rental at Quaker ended up being $40 a car with 75 total cars preregistered with the ENTIRE 1/4 mile prepped and reprepped as needed for 6.... 6 Hours!.

Everything went great, except for the weather. It rained about 3 hours in, we waited it out, and they had it dried and ready to run within 20 minutes.

They had us provide staff for staging lanes, waterbox and timeslip booth, so people just volunteered for half hour shifts and all went well.

Last night just reaffirmed my hatred.... "Oh that car's leaking trans fluid, run him!" *trans fluid down the entire 1320' and beyond. 2 hour cleanup*

Exactly!
I'll be in for 100% if it's a Quaker.
10% chance i'm in it it's at PRP.:yes:

sutyak
07-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I've been to QC a couple times with the SVTOA group but haven't had a chance to run there yet.
It's a nice track and I'd be up for it.

John4cam
07-04-2008, 07:55 AM
hour and 10 minutes either way for me and QC is a better drive, I will go to either.

Shorty429
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm up for QC as well. We could all meet up and cruise down.

xtremeFB
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
i rent beaver a lot its 400 for ten cars then its 40 a car after that. my last track rentle there was 75 cars that was in early may. my freind rented prp before it was pretty cool . just a lot of cash. just check the oil down thing. some said that if your car oils the track. you pay on how much you oil down.

CobraII
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM

:jaw-dropping: :rolleyes2:
Do you really think the track would send a car down knowing that it's leaking? They don't want to do a cleanup any more than we want to see one. It costs them materials (rice hull dust, fuel in the equipment, VHT), time, etc. I got there when they were in the middle of cleaning it up. It's a shame, it happened on about the nicest night of the year, with a nice big car count.

somethingclever
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Cobra II,

With the rates for renting the track listed above, it seems to me that it would not be rented out very often due to the expense.

Is this true?

How often is the track rented for private use?

I would like to see more private track rentals, but I just don't see that happening with the rates they have, especially when customers can go elsewhere for approx. 1/2 the cost.

Thoughts?

u1arunit
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I would be in for QC. I will even volunteer to work the water box etc. I have done this before for the SVTOA rental as well. Let us know.

CobraII
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Cobra II,

With the rates for renting the track listed above, it seems to me that it would not be rented out very often due to the expense.

Is this true?

How often is the track rented for private use?

I would like to see more private track rentals, but I just don't see that happening with the rates they have, especially when customers can go elsewhere for approx. 1/2 the cost.

Thoughts?

John, I don't know how often the track gets rented. Especially in this economy, I agree with you, I would not be surprised if it's not very often. Of course, it's a consumer's choice on where to spend their dollars, and get the best value for them.

Chuck

SK360
07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
:jaw-dropping: :rolleyes2:
Do you really think the track would send a car down knowing that it's leaking? They don't want to do a cleanup any more than we want to see one. It costs them materials (rice hull dust, fuel in the equipment, VHT), time, etc. I got there when they were in the middle of cleaning it up. It's a shame, it happened on about the nicest night of the year, with a nice big car count.

Well, I was watching from 10 feet away... The car pulled up to the line smoking, they hurried up and killed the car, threw the hood off, saw there was no fire and no more smoke, put the hood back on and launched the car.

You could see trans fluid dripping before he launched.

I'm not really concerned with if they knew it or not, this is the same old story with PrP week after week. They need to start Charging the "Slick Cars" for cleanup instead of bitching to us about costs. I bet a lot less "Slick Cars" would break, wouldnt you?

CobraII
07-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Like I said, I got there while they were doing the clean up, so I didn't see the burnout or launch. My buddy told me tonight the same thing you posted. They looked for a carb fire, but didn't look at the tranny fluid. Sounds like the starting line crew missed it, and it bit them.

I agree with you, if there's a chronic leaker they clean up after multiple times, that car should get teched to the nuts and bolts. I'd be up for charging someone who is a chronic leaker.

Question for you... if you were 10 feet away ad saw the tranny fluid leaking, did you try to catch someone's attention? Not saying it's your responsibility...

SK360
07-10-2008, 06:19 AM
So maybe a little further then 10 ft, we were in the grandstands, But I think the thing is, nobody actually expected them to stage and run, When he launched I heard a lot of pissed off people... lol

Killercanary
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Sorry, but I'll pass if its going to be $70-$80 at PRP, and I kind of doubt I'll make it to Quaker due to 3+hr drive it'd be for me to get there. Thanks for trying to get this done though!

CobraII
07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
So maybe a little further then 10 ft, we were in the grandstands, But I think the thing is, nobody actually expected them to stage and run, When he launched I heard a lot of pissed off people... lol

And I would have been one of them! lol
It's one thing to have something break, it happens, and it sux, but it's irritating when it could have been prevented. My buddy couldn't believe the driver kept pedaling, trying to get it to hook up, when he was spinning in his own oil. You'd think that would have been a clue. I can't believe people don't look in the mirror, especially when they're having a pass like that.

SK360
07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
And I would have been one of them! lol
It's one thing to have something break, it happens, and it sux, but it's irritating when it could have been prevented. My buddy couldn't believe the driver kept pedaling, trying to get it to hook up, when he was spinning in his own oil. You'd think that would have been a clue. I can't believe people don't look in the mirror, especially when they're having a pass like that.

Why would he bother pulling over when he could just do it 100 feet into the shutdown area like he did.... lol

:rofl: