PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Meziere electric water pump?

Jivepepper
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm installing the Meziere pump and with the idler I'm having a hard time getting the hex wrench on bolts especially the bottom one. It took me for ever to get the bottom one started.

Is there an easier way?

Ares
07-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I just put one on two weeks ago. I got all finger tight and then had to make the short side an allen wrench shorter to clear pulley. I cut wrench with hack saw once I knew how short I needed.

Be sure to wire this with a relay. I used two relays. One setup so pump comes on with key and other off a switch.

Jivepepper
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I just put one on two weeks ago. I got all finger tight and then had to make the short side an allen wrench shorter to clear pulley. I cut wrench with hack saw once I knew how short I needed.

Be sure to wire this with a relay. I used two relays. One setup so pump comes on with key and other off a switch.

Also if you are running UDP pulleys. You will need a shorter belt. Atleast one size shorter than stock. I think I went two sizes smaller as I wasn't sure what would fit at time.

I still don't see how you did the bottom one you can't see anything, and its between the crank pulley and wp idle pulley. I have the relay kit. Got it for all 287.50 shipped..

I'm going to be running an overdrive crank pulley

Ares
07-13-2008, 08:51 PM
It can be done. Shorter wrench made world of difference.

I edited previous as I forgot your supercharged and wouldn't be using UDP's

Jivepepper
07-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll go back out and try. I have already cut one wrench.

Jivepepper
07-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I got it! With a shortened allen wrench, and I used the piece I cut off. I tapered it on one end. I then took it and used a 6mm socket with a nut driver. That allowed me just enough angle to get at it.

Thanks for the idea, and the help, much appreciated.

Ares
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Glad it worked. I can say this water pump has been some of best money spent on car to date. Atleast when it comes to keeping car consistent round to round.