PDA

View Full Version : This one is for all the Stick Shift Warriors on here

Sonic03snake
12-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I found this site a while back and I may try to hit a few of their events next year. Enjoy.

http://www.umtrdragrace.com/

Pure Stock
12-06-2006, 08:47 PM
That is the Sh$T.. The only thing I am having a hard time with is the second sentence I cut and pasted from the website.
"2. ALL CARS MUST LEAVE STARTING LINE WITH LEG RELEASED CLUTCH. SHIFTING WITHOUT CLUTCH (CLUTCHLESS) PERMITTED."

Is that for street stick too?

Ratt Fink
12-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Good stuff !! I remember seeing Ken Dvorak's "Buckwheat" '67 Fairlane racing at Kilkare Dragway near Xenia, OH back in 1993 at the Expo Ford event held there. It was bad then, and looks to still be baaddd now !

Martin0660
01-24-2007, 10:27 PM
The only thing I am having a hard time with is the second sentence I cut and pasted from the website.
"2. ALL CARS MUST LEAVE STARTING LINE WITH LEG RELEASED CLUTCH. SHIFTING WITHOUT CLUTCH (CLUTCHLESS) PERMITTED."

I think they are trying to keep the magnetic releases and all of that type stuff out in the first line. I was concerned about two steps when they say no electronics, but contacted them and they say its all good :thmbsup:

I am going to try to hit their first race at Thompson and see whats up. Wanted to get up there anyway, and if you look at their turnouts, it looks like a nice sized field. We will see :thumbsup:

Bob Myers

Sonic03snake
01-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Let me know if your definately going, I might be in too. That is the week after WFC.:thmbsup:
I think they are trying to keep the magnetic releases and all of that type stuff out in the first line. I was concerned about two steps when they say no electronics, but contacted them and they say its all good :thmbsup:

I am going to try to hit their first race at Thompson and see whats up. Wanted to get up there anyway, and if you look at their turnouts, it looks like a nice sized field. We will see :thumbsup:

Bob Myers

DING
01-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I might have to get my car done a little faster now. That looks like a blast.

Sonic03snake
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Get her ready Hank!!! We could have our own SCS possie out there.:pinkthumb:
I might have to get my car done a little faster now. That looks like a blast.

DING
01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
No doubt! I am trying.

Martin0660
01-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Will do Lou

Bob Myers

Martin0660
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
:twothumbsup: UMTR launched a website for their north group.....

http://www.umtrnorth.com/

Bob Myers

coralcoupe1993
02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Good stuff !! I remember seeing Ken Dvorak's "Buckwheat" '67 Fairlane racing at Kilkare Dragway near Xenia, OH back in 1993 at the Expo Ford event held there. It was bad then, and looks to still be baaddd now !

I know that car!!!!!! I love the Xenia track.

Martin0660
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone hitting the first race for this at Thompson this weekend? I'm thinking about just racing PRP unless there are some guys going up, price of gas and all ;) Last minute, but anyone going?

Bob Myers