PDA

View Full Version : HDTV wanted

biminiLX
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
What do you have?
My 27" non-HD is dying on me and its the perfect excuse to piss my wife off just as she's about to deliver :sticktonge:And I'm sick of not watching hockey and football in HD.
Looking for 27-40" range as we have a small living room.
Can trade any of the parts for sale I have in the classifieds also.
-J

DING
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Best Buy has a deal 3 year 0% interest...

biminiLX
09-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks Hank, I'll probably use that for the new camera and recorder she wants for the baby.
I'll probably just wait to the post-Thanksgiving sales for the TV.
-J

PaxtonShelby
09-12-2008, 12:11 AM
J - the Sears Outlet / scratch & dent off of the Kirwin Heights exit of 79S has some smokin deals on medium-large size TVs. Very often there is not even a scratch on the stuff - people buy things, get them home, and they don't fit...or the wife sees it and has a bird....so they return it. Sears can't sell it as new, so they sell it at a discount.

I got my Hitachi Ultravision HD projection TV ( 53" ) for $1600 there when they were selling ( at Sears ) for $2500+. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Still had the factory warranty and everything - and not a scratch or anything wrong with it.

It's worth the short drive - you never know what they'll have in stock - but I'm willing to bet they'll have something that you'll like...

To get there, take 79S to the Kirwin Heights exit, and make a right onto 50. You'll go thru a few redlights, then once you start down the hill it'll be on your right - it sits back off the road, behind ( I think ) a Bob Evans. If you get to the shopping center at the bottom of the hill ( where the Distinta theater is ) you went too far.

They also have refrigerators, washers, dryers, ovens, etc. The place is huge, and if you look hard enough you'll find some great deals. I also got my front loader washer there for like $660 - when a new one ( without the scratch on the front window/door ) would have cost me $990 or so.

Happy shopping!

biminiLX
09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks Ron, good to know. Congrats again on that stang, looked excellent.
-J

Wolfpack Speed
09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
-J

Do you have any interest in a 50"? I bought a brand new Sony SXRD 1080P less than a year ago, along with a nice stand and awesome Sony surround sound. I am moving and may be forced to reconfigure because of the layout at my new place. If you have any interest PM me your number and I will give you the skinny on everything, I would make you a killer deal because I am in a pinch.

Mike

PaxtonShelby
09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Ron, good to know. Congrats again on that stang, looked excellent.
-J

Thanks J - it's nice to have fun on my way to work again...it has been a long time since my DD was this much fun! It should look even better after I finish the 3-step Mothers' wax job... :hyper:

How's the Mrs. feeling? Get that hospital bag packed!! :jump:

juice_man_86
09-29-2008, 08:55 AM
The local sears in Uniontown had a Sony 50" LCD Projection for $599. This was on Friday, Sept. 26th.