PDA

View Full Version : PI

ebo 4356
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Guys i really want to do a full pi swap, my friend has built numerous 5.0s and he said he'll do the swap. How hard is the swap, and is it worth it. Also is it safe since my car has 86,000 miles, i want to run maybe a stage 2 comp cam. I know its been asked all the time but i ran a 15.2 at 89mph with 3.73s, after the swap what should i run. Thanks guys

HidalgoGT
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Guys i really want to do a full pi swap, my friend has built numerous 5.0s and he said he'll do the swap. How hard is the swap, and is it worth it. Also is it safe since my car has 86,000 miles, i want to run maybe a stage 2 comp cam. I know its been asked all the time but i ran a 15.2 at 89mph with 3.73s, after the swap what should i run. Thanks guys
Keep the 3.73's in there or 4.10's depends if ya plan on running nitrous. The job isnt super hard just long. As you need to check your work. And make sure he is careful with that timing cover not to over torqu it and to keep that damn lil rubber gasket on place. Make sure he has a couple rubber bands for the back couple head bolts to hold them up pout of the way when takeing the heads off and reinstalling them. If you buy the kit it comes with well detailed instructions. Good luck and it is worth it.