PDA

View Full Version : Sean Hyland DOHC blower cams

Chris00GT
12-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm selling a used set of Sean Hyland DOHC 4V regrind blower cams that came out of supercharged 98 Mustang Cobra. The owner upgraded to ported heads with billet cams and comp valve springs. The cams have aprox 14,000 miles on them and they were installed into the car as a Sean Hyland long block. Also included with the cams are all 32 valves that were used with the cams. Since they are regrind cams, Sean Hyland used longer valve to obtain proper valve geometry. You could reuse these valves or give them to your machine shop to help setup the proper valve length. I was going to use these cams in a future project car, but I already have to many cars so time to go. I'm also going to include a Sean Hyland aluminum main girdle with ARP main bolts with the cams. If interested shoot me an e-mail with an offer at chrisnos93sl1@yahoo.com Please serious offers only, the regrind cams alone are $900 with no core.

Rodeheaver's
12-22-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm selling a used set of Sean Hyland DOHC 4V regrind blower cams that came out of supercharged 98 Mustang Cobra. The owner upgraded to ported heads with billet cams and comp valve springs. The cams have aprox 14,000 miles on them and they were installed into the car as a Sean Hyland long block. Also included with the cams are all 32 valves that were used with the cams. Since they are regrind cams, Sean Hyland used longer valve to obtain proper valve geometry. You could reuse these valves or give them to your machine shop to help setup the proper valve length. I was going to use these cams in a future project car, but I already have to many cars so time to go. I'm also going to include a Sean Hyland aluminum main girdle with ARP main bolts with the cams. If interested shoot me an e-mail with an offer at chrisnos93sl1@yahoo.com Please serious offers only, the regrind cams alone are $900 with no core.
you better check that valve length, the last set of dohc cams i got from sean hyland, he sent me the lifter shims, they go under they lifters... maybe pull out a lifter and see if there is anything under there, and once he sent me some lash caps that sat on top of the valves...

Chris00GT
12-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Already measured the valve length and they are slightly longer than the typically Fererra valves we use on the DOHC's. The longer valves are what Sean prefers, but they are more expensive to do. Since this was a Hyland long block this is how they typically do them. When you buy just the cams, they usually send the shims.

9secmach1
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
How has your experience been with SHM anyway? I have one of his motors also, and my experience after it came apart and the way they assembled it was not good. I have the stroker 318 (well 314 actually but that's another story). OOPS I just hijacked this thread didn't I. PM me if you want, sorry

Chris00GT
12-22-2006, 10:00 PM
We've had no problems with their individual parts, but we've had to replace or repair 5 or so of their built short blocks in both GT's and Cobra's. It's usually piston slap or rod knock.

9secmach1
12-23-2006, 01:39 AM
My piston was .040 in the hole. No excuse for that crap. There tech never called me back, left 3 messages for Craig I think was his name. I was very unhappy with there work.