PDA

View Full Version : Strut tower bar

Mr. Rob
12-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey everyone i just bought a Mac intake for my car but it will NOT fit with my steeda strut tower bar, i was wondering if its ok to completely remove the bar, will it hurt my chassis at all, I did take it off and go for a drive, it didnt seem to make a diffence, but will this hurt my car's chassis overtime?

THANKS!!
Rob

Viper_ed
12-29-2006, 06:17 PM
ALOT of people just pitch the strut tower bar. It won't hurt anything.

Mr. Rob
12-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey thanks, i took the bar off and installed my intake, i think it might run a little better but i'll have to wait till the computer adjusts for it, i dont really notice any difference in handling if there is, its extremely slight. this mac intake is really nice but i dont think its stainless steel there was a little rust inside the tube. and it was dirty, but i wiped it out and i think it'll be ok.

lib88stang
12-30-2006, 12:16 AM
A buddy of mine has a mac cold air kit on his 01 Gt and it started missing pretty bad, he took of the cold air kit and the inside was rusted badly, he cleaned it up and the car doesnt miss anymore.

Chris00GT
12-30-2006, 02:01 AM
I used to hate working on customers cars who had the strut tower braces...esp aftermarket one's. It made everything a pain and most times you had to take it off to do anything. You'll be fine without it...heck ford ditched them on the 98 Mustangs. Install a pair of subframes...you'll notice a difference with them :goodidea:

Mr. Rob
12-30-2006, 07:13 PM
okay thanks guys:)