PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone guess whats in the box???

Wolfpack Speed
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Just got here a couple hours ago:hyper:

yeahloh95
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I Have A Guess ... Small Block Chevy Crate Motor ??

94svtcobra
12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
pipe bender?

Wolfpack Speed
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
No and No!

94svtcobra
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
new sign for out front?

Killercanary
12-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Based on the file name I'm going to guess DYNO!!!

Mitternacht
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Thats what I was thinking, but I would of expected it to be a bigger box.

Mater
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
A real motor LSX???

Dyno

Wolfpack Speed
12-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I figured someone would check that or zoom in on the tag...:sticktonge:

94svtcobra
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
sick

scott5
12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Sweet!

blizzard
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
awesomeness!! put me on the list next summer :P

Killercanary
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I figured someone would check that or zoom in on the tag...:sticktonge:

That's how I figured it out, I went to save it so I could zoom in and then noticed the file name. I did see what appeared to say DYNO on that white tag but I couldn't make the rest out.

That's awesome dude! How long until you think it'll be up and running?

97LaserRed
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I knew it was on its way! im excited.. me first!! me first!!

Troll
12-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Sweet! I assume you're going to TUNE, also? :goodidea:

fmfkid250
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Nice, let me know if you need any help getting it going.

racefan
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Now we need to send your "Dumb Marine Ass":thmbsup: to school to figure that thing out!!!!!!

Inkdcountryboy
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Very nice. i'll have my car on it for sure :thumbsup:

MBH
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
OH HELL YEAH!! That's so awesome Mike! you really weren't kidding the other day about how soon it would be here!!

When/where can we sign up to get on the rollers?

laz2447
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Way to go Mike! I know you wanted to put one in for awhile now, glad you got it. I'll be spinning the rollers quite often hopefully...

Hope it sets up smoothly for ya!

03 OW SVT
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats Mike. I see an SCS dyno day at Wolfpacks in the very near future.:highfive:

no1sirbutler
12-01-2008, 02:35 PM
HELL YEAH! very nice. I'd put insurance back on my car if you have a dyno day before spring. lol

John4cam
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Wow, that will deff. be the closest/best place to get a car on the dyno for sure!

I saw pauls pics of his when putting it in pauls high performance. I never realized there was a 6 foot hole for those things until I saw his pics!!

97LaserRed
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
HELL YEAH! very nice. I'd put insurance back on my car if you have a dyno day before spring. lol
X2!! I will def put the insurance on for a day. If there's no salt on the roads

bgblockelcamino
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
awesome guess you found a forklift to get it off the truck? let me know if you need a hand with it

White5.0
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
That, my friend, is fuggin awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SonofaBish
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
very nice! :goodidea:

Stangman701
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Wow, congrats Mike!! :goodidea: I'm sure that's going to bring in a lot of extra business.

yeahloh95
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
is it going above ground or in ?

John4cam
12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
is it going above ground or in ?

I just looked again and it says above ground.:goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
That's awesome dude! How long until you think it'll be up and running?

I didn't schedule anything in for this week and will dedicate all of my free time to the installation. If all goes well I don't see why it wont be up and making test runs by the weekend.

Sweet! I assume you're going to TUNE, also? :goodidea:

Absolutely, that has always been the plan but it wont happen overnight. Tuning isn't anywhere near as complex as people make it out to be but it certainly takes more than having the software and dyno. As many of you know Jon Lund and I are good buddies and he is one of the best ford tuners out there, he will be out on a regular basis and will be helping me take the tuning plunge. In the meantime any and all other tuners are welcome as the most important thing to me is to spin the rollers as much as possible and to continue providing my customers with whatever they need.

When/where can we sign up to get on the rollers?

As soon as the installation and testing is complete I will post up dyno details for everyone, I may need you to stop in with that video camera stuff...:sticktonge:

awesome guess you found a forklift to get it off the truck? let me know if you need a hand with it Knickerbocker came through but I still needed my neighbors forklift as it took 2 to get if out of the trailer:slaphappy:

is it going above ground or in ?Above, that pit installation and rolling around on the floor to strap a car down is for the birds:sticktonge:

Thanks so much everyone, I am really excited about this! I almost bought one about a year ago but I felt like the business was still a little to new to financially make that kind of commitment. Many of you on here publicly and privately pushed for this and I am glad everyone wanted it as bad as I did! I work on a considerable amount of members rides from this site, it truly is the support and repeat business that all of you provide that has enabled the shop to grow so much so fast! I really hope and feel like this will ultimately help put my shop where I want it to be. It will continue to take a lot of hard work but I am not stranger to that and look forward to the challenge.:goodidea:

Mike

mineralrob
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
congrats. I can see this working out very well for you.

94svtcobra
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Ill be out for sure, 1+ on the scs dyno day

wick
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Hook that bitch up!! I will be down Saturday and we can check calibration with my dyno sheet. HAHAHHAHAH:goodidea:

wick
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I live closest. I wanna be the first. HAHAHAHA You need any help with that Mike? I can probably slide down during the evenings this week and lend a hand with the install.

Wolfpack Speed
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I will let you know if I need any help Rob, thanks to you and everyone else that has offered. There actually isn't much to it but it still takes time, something I just never seem to have enough of!

Thanks everyone!

mlowry1260
12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Mike,

did you get the eddy current loading option?

street591
12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk186/mchale591/Picture1-2.png
im guessing it'll look a little something like this:jump:

MBH
12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
As soon as the installation and testing is complete I will post up dyno details for everyone, I may need you to stop in with that video camera stuff...:sticktonge:

Thanks so much everyone, I am really excited about this! I almost bought one about a year ago but I felt like the business was still a little to new to financially make that kind of commitment. Many of you on here publicly and privately pushed for this and I am glad everyone wanted it as bad as I did! I work on a considerable amount of members rides from this site, it truly is the support and repeat business that all of you provide that has enabled the shop to grow so much so fast! I really hope and feel like this will ultimately help put my shop where I want it to be. It will continue to take a lot of hard work but I am not stranger to that and look forward to the challenge.:goodidea:

Mike
Mike, I'd be more than happy to lend you help however I can - photo/video/webdesign stuff - just let me know and I'll do whatever I can for ya!

I think that I mentioned something about if you got a dyno... I'd get a twin screw. Guess I gotta man up this winter?! :rofl:

I also have some good ideas for you that just popped into my head - I'll PM you soon

HidalgoGT
12-01-2008, 07:12 PM
SWEEEEEET!! Now, I know where I can turn the wheels on the new lil motor when its done.

2001GTTT
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats awesome Mike! Wolfpack is a huge asset for this area!!

Expect to see my car on the rollers come spring! :highfive:

wick
12-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I will let you know if I need any help Rob, thanks to you and everyone else that has offered. There actually isn't much to it but it still takes time, something I just never seem to have enough of!

Thanks everyone!

No problem bud. Just a mile away for ya. I know the time thing too. It dwindles fast.

Slow01GT
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Awesome Mike! My car is begging to get on some rollers

SK360
12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Hummm.... I heard rumors of this a few weeks ago in Jeff's garage.... good to see its true!

In for Dyno day..... Want to get some nitrous numbers :D

ModularMike
12-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I want to see if I have cracked 200rwhp yet :-/

I will definitely be bringing my car down, just name the date and price!

97LaserRed
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I want to see if I have cracked 200rwhp yet :-/

I will definitely be bringing my car down, just name the date and price!
200! Seriously? Wat motor do u have and wat mods? U gotta be over 200!

ModularMike
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
200! Seriously? Wat motor do u have and wat mods? U gotta be over 200!
Just a stock NPI 2v with some very minor bolt ons. I am just hoping its over 200 or I won't be a happy camper. :thmbsup:

97LaserRed
12-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Just a stock NPI 2v with some very minor bolt ons. I am just hoping its over 200 or I won't be a happy camper. :thmbsup:
you gotta be over 200! its wat 225 stock so with the driveline loss you have to be close to 200 at the wheels. auto or stick?

ModularMike
12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
you gotta be over 200! its wat 225 stock so with the driveline loss you have to be close to 200 at the wheels. auto or stick?
Stick, I don't know what they dyno stock, but it did just turn 114k so hopefully that ain't taking too much away.

97LaserRed
12-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Stick, I don't know what they dyno stock, but it did just turn 114k so hopefully that ain't taking too much away.
i bet your over 200:goodidea:

MBH
12-01-2008, 10:52 PM
i bet your over 200:goodidea:
only one way to find out!

ModularMike, love your car & we still gotta get together when the weather is nice!

PaxtonShelby
12-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Merry Xmas Mike!! Congrats on the new toy! :goodidea:

blizzard
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
haha... watch the visitors count jump on his site now ;) :goodidea: are you booking dyno days yet?

gmkillr
12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Congrats Mike!
I'm sure business will jump through the roof for ya!
Now just clone yourself to do all of the added work!:thmbsup:

Mater
12-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I'll be out to MAX it out for u Mike!

Wolfpack Speed
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
did you get the eddy current loading option?

No but I do have the option of adding it on at a later date for $15K. After talking with many reputable tuners with loaded dyno experience, they all said what I already thought which was to just get the regular dyno jet. You can do some pretty cool stuff with a loaded dyno but only in a small number of situations are they actually necessary.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk186/mchale591/Picture1-2.png
I'm guessing it'll look a little something like this:jump:

Thats pretty much it!

Mike, I'd be more than happy to lend you help however I can - photo/video/web design stuff - just let me know and I'll do whatever I can for ya!

I just need someone to come down and video some of the first runs. I have a couple of big projects kicking off next week and Jon L will be out shortly after to dyno tune them, I would like to get some before and after video of the runs to showcase the new dyno...I don't have a camera:rolleyes:

haha... watch the visitors count jump on his site now ;) :goodidea: are you booking dyno days yet?I am actually working with someone right now and will be launching a whole new site early next year! As soon as the dyno is up and running I will post up details for dyno days etc.:goodidea:

Thanks again everyone, I cant wait to get everything rollin:hyper:

Killercanary
12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Mike, I need to make some pulls here like right now, I have two cameras, and I'll be in the 'burgh this weekend... hmmm..... :)

Edit: Mike, this might sound a little crazy but I have an idea for you. A buddy of mine went to a dyno shop in New England and they had this and I thought it was cool as hell. They set up a live feed webcam on their website so that when they had dyno days people could log and and watch the pulls live. He called me when he was getting on the dyno and I got to watch his car make runs. After the run the numbers would show up on their site and they also had a dyno archive that you could access at any time to see other car's numbers as well as your own if the driver wnated them posted. i thought it was a pretty cool idea and I'm sure it helped get traffic to their site and therefore their shop. If you are in the planning stages of a website it may be something to look into and think about.

gmkillr
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Mike, I need to make some pulls here like right now, I have two cameras, and I'll be in the 'burgh this weekend... hmmm..... :)

Edit: Mike, this might sound a little crazy but I have an idea for you. A buddy of mine went to a dyno shop in New England and they had this and I thought it was cool as hell. They set up a live feed webcam on their website so that when they had dyno days people could log and and watch the pulls live. He called me when he was getting on the dyno and I got to watch his car make runs. After the run the numbers would show up on their site and they also had a dyno archive that you could access at any time to see other car's numbers as well as your own if the driver wnated them posted. i thought it was a pretty cool idea and I'm sure it helped get traffic to their site and therefore their shop. If you are in the planning stages of a website it may be something to look into and think about.

Damn Paul, you bringing that beast into this weather?

Mike, I'm going to try and drop by today after I go to the gym and check everything out!:highfive:

Killercanary
12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Damn Paul, you bringing that beast into this weather?

Mike, I'm going to try and drop by today after I go to the gym and check everything out!:highfive:

If he could get it on this weekend and the weather isn't too bad I very well might. I really want to see what this does on a dyno, more importantly I need to see where the peaks are now so I know where to shift it at. I feel I may be shifting it too low.

gmkillr
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
If he could get it on this weekend and the weather isn't too bad I very well might. I really want to see what this does on a dyno, more importantly I need to see where the peaks are now so I know where to shift it at. I feel I may be shifting it too low.

Sweet!!!!!!!
I actually think its suppose to start warming up tommorow a little!:goodidea:

mineralrob
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!
I actually think its suppose to start warming up tommorow a little!:goodidea:

yep like 48 or something from what i heard. Sounds like a heatwave.

ModularMike
12-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I can video some runs depending on what time of day you run them, hell I can even make a run :-D

I may be over today later on to check it out.

MBH we definitely need to get together soon, I just would like one more day of good temps and no salt!

svtroush
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
mike thats awsome and i sick i just got a chubby:thmbsup:

MBH
12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I just need someone to come down and video some of the first runs. I have a couple of big projects kicking off next week and Jon L will be out shortly after to dyno tune them, I would like to get some before and after video of the runs to showcase the new dyno...I don't have a camera:rolleyes:

I'd love to, just let me know when & I'll try to get freed up so I can help you out! And if its nice, I'm going to take the cobra.. you know.. just in case :rofl::rofl::rofl:

o4c0b|2a
12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Mike. Nice to see you got a dyno! Congrats. Shop sounds like its really coming together. Count me in for whatever I'd like to dyno my car again. If you need anything or help, give me a ring.

Shorty429
12-02-2008, 03:11 PM
looks sweet. after i get my H/C/I i'll give you a ring

Wolfpack Speed
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Edit: Mike, this might sound a little crazy but I have an idea for you. A buddy of mine went to a dyno shop in New England and they had this and I thought it was cool as hell. They set up a live feed webcam on their website so that when they had dyno days people could log and and watch the pulls live. He called me when he was getting on the dyno and I got to watch his car make runs. After the run the numbers would show up on their site and they also had a dyno archive that you could access at any time to see other car's numbers as well as your own if the driver wnated them posted. i thought it was a pretty cool idea and I'm sure it helped get traffic to their site and therefore their shop. If you are in the planning stages of a website it may be something to look into and think about. Thats a really cool idea and many of you have publically and privately come up with some great stuff that I hope to act on. The hard stuff is done as the 4 post was turned around and anchored as well as the dyno. By tomorrow most will be done but my new computer may not be here, pulls by the weekend could be possible:hyper:

Thanks again guys:goodidea:

stieny
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Its good to see that your business is growing at the pace we all knew it would Mike!

I also have a digital video camera (not a digital camera, an actual video camera) that shoots and uploads nice videos. Just let me know when and if you would need me there and if I'm free I would be more than happy to stop down.

Wolfpack Speed
12-03-2008, 02:37 PM
[quote=stieny;141222]Its good to see that your business is growing at the pace we all knew it would Mike![quote]

Thanks man, time for you to get another stang!

Well I finished building the dyno today! Still have to fab up the exhaust system, run a permanent air line and set up the electronics but my computer isn't done being built yet. Waiting to hear back from my computer nerd to see when he is going to be done building my tower, still hope to make some pulls over the weekend...

Rodeheaver's
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
oowww, that looks nice, I hope you are gonna give me a deal on dyno time till i get mine..:goodidea:

MBH
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
you're not messin around Mike, that got done pretty damn fast haha :)

Hawkeye
12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I'll be out tonight with the minivan to give it a test run for ya.:sticktonge:
It's going to be awesome to have a Dyno in the area with a Guy who like Fords! Now....you just need to brush up on those old pushrod carb'ed engines!

Heh

Congrats Mike!

no1sirbutler
12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey just a question. Will you be willing to rent dyno time before you get into the tuning aspect? I need a new tune and was just wondering. Thanks

Mike

NateSVT
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey Mike when will this be ready? I put the Cobra in the garage a couple weeks ago but if this is ready soon I'll bring it down to get some numbers! I'd like to at least know how much it's putting down before it sells.:tearsofjoy:

Wolfpack Speed
12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
oowww, that looks nice, I hope you are gonna give me a deal on dyno time till i get mine..:goodidea:

anyone and everyone is welcome to use the dyno, thats what it is here for!

I'll be out tonight with the minivan to give it a test run for ya.:sticktonge:

Say no to minivans:rofl:

Hey just a question. Will you be willing to rent dyno time before you get into the tuning aspect? I need a new tune and was just wondering. Thanks

Mike

Absolutely! The dyno is for making power pulls, tuning, troubleshooting etc...and like I just mentioned to Tim, anyone and everyone is welcome. Bring in your own tuner, tune it your self, as long as the equipment is getting used is all I care about:goodidea:

Hey Mike when will this be ready? I put the Cobra in the garage a couple weeks ago but if this is ready soon I'll bring it down to get some numbers! I'd like to at least know how much it's putting down before it sells.:tearsofjoy: The dyno is installed, I have a few little things to do but my computer isn't here yet and that is the major hold up...might not be here until Monday. Sell??? What the heck are you talking about?? Been wondering how things are, ring me at the shop and lets catch up!

no1sirbutler
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Absolutely! The dyno is for making power pulls, tuning, troubleshooting etc...and like I just mentioned to Tim, anyone and everyone is welcome. Bring in your own tuner, tune it your self, as long as the equipment is getting used is all I care about:goodidea:

Awesome to hear. My tuner is Rick from Amazon Tuning and driving 8hrs for a retune is not gonna happen lol. But Im sure you will be great at it esp if you have Jon Lund as a tutor. And once your comfortable w/ tuning and start offering it. Im sure you will have several come to you. I might even switch.

ModularMike
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey Mike when will this be ready? I put the Cobra in the garage a couple weeks ago but if this is ready soon I'll bring it down to get some numbers! I'd like to at least know how much it's putting down before it sells.:tearsofjoy:

Not to hijack Mike's thread but why you sellin? I seen it on CL.

And to get back on topic, you need to let us know when this dyno is up and running and what your charge is! I will definitely be over next week!

MBH
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
^for a supra.

Can't wait to check this thing out sometime soon!

biminiLX
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Mike, this is awesome news, congrats.
I still plan on bringing my car here after the Norwalk race in July....what's yours rated for? :)
Hell, if there's a cheap dyno day to break it in, I'd love to see what my Contour puts down.
Congrats again, can't wait to see it.
-J

Wolfpack Speed
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Awesome to hear. My tuner is Rick from Amazon Tuning and driving 8hrs for a retune is not gonna happen lol. But Im sure you will be great at it esp if you have Jon Lund as a tutor. And once your comfortable w/ tuning and start offering it. Im sure you will have several come to you. I might even switch.

Tell Rick to get his big butt up here and bring is crazy wife with him!!!! Everyone has there "guy" for tuning, set up a dyno day as I am sure you aren't the only Amazon fan around here. Obviously I hope at some point in the near future to be the "guy" for all of you but that will never happen and the dyno will always be available for anybodys "guy":goodidea:

And to get back on topic, you need to let us know when this dyno is up and running and what your charge is! I will definitely be over next week!

Like I mentioned before, as soon as I am done testing and ready to open it to the public I will make a detailed post on here to let everyone know:goodidea:

Mike, this is awesome news, congrats.
I still plan on bringing my car here after the Norwalk race in July....what's yours rated for? :)
Hell, if there's a cheap dyno day to break it in, I'd love to see what my Contour puts down.
Congrats again, can't wait to see it.
-J I might have to get some extra straps for your car!!! A dyno day is in the near future and the contour is welcome:sticktonge:

biminiLX
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I might have to get some extra straps for your car!!! A dyno day is in the near future and the contour is welcome:sticktonge:
I'm not sure if you can handle all 200hp of the Contour :sticktonge:
And you might need the extra straps, I've decided to spend the money on a real boost controller---should be good for 4-digit power around 20psi by the time it gets here. :goodidea:
-J

ModularMike
12-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I got 2 GT's ready for the dyno when you are!

KBCobra
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
That's sweet Mike, really glad to see everything is coming together for u, you deserve it man!!! Soon as money allows, I'll be back in the game and down your way gettin work done, rest-a-sure.

gmkillr
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Mike, I've been telling a few guys that I work with about this and they are interested. The guy with the desiel says he want to max it out for ya!
Any pricing info yet?

coralcoupe1993
12-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Call if you need help. I think the 1st test ride should be this.

Wolfpack Speed
12-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all the support and I am really looking forward to everyone getting there car on the dyno! I picked the computer up this morning so I am hoping to still get things finished up over the weekend...

2000GT
12-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Congrats Mike. I guess I don't have to drive to Carlisle just to get a A/F check this spring! I am glad that things are working out so well for you. You are a good guy and deserve it! :thmbsup:

sutyak
12-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Awesome Mike!! I'll be coming to see you if I swap my turbo this year. :)

Wolfpack Speed
12-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the 1st test ride should be this.

I don't think that boat will fit on the lift:sticktonge:

Congrats Mike. I guess I don't have to drive to Carlisle just to get a A/F check this spring! I am glad that things are working out so well for you. You are a good guy and deserve it! :thmbsup:

Thanks Sean, I really appreciate it!

Awesome Mike!! I'll be coming to see you if I swap my turbo this year. :) Nice and bring some of those WV boys with you! I need to post details up on WV streets too...

no1sirbutler
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Nice and bring some of those WV boys with you! I need to post details up on WV streets too...

Hey Mike, just a thought but there is another forum you might want to post details on in Wv also. Its called wvmotorsports.com. Didnt know if you knew about it or not. Just trying to help keep a real dyno local to me.

Wolfpack Speed
12-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Mike, just a thought but there is another forum you might want to post details on in Wv also. Its called wvmotorsports.com. Didnt know if you knew about it or not. Just trying to help keep a real dyno local to me.
Thanks, I will check it out!!!

StreetLethal
12-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Dude thats badass!!! Congrats:goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Dude thats badass!!! Congrats:goodidea:Thanks Bro:thmbsup:

gmkillr
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Whats the word brother?

Any pricing info yet?

Is that badboy spinning yet?

Wolfpack Speed
12-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Whats the word brother?

Any pricing info yet?

Is that badboy spinning yet?should be spinning tomorrow hopefully, been super busy in and out of the shop. I will post up pricing and details when the equipment is done being tested and I am ready to start scheduling appts.

I appreciate everyones patients, there just isn't enough time in a day for me anymore!!!

scorpio333
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the dyno! Can't wait to hear the details on it and hopefully coming over sometime next year. Only problem is after getting results I'll be bummed and my wallet can't handle correcting that right now. It'll be worth it in any event to make sure the current tune is in the ballpark and not causing issues.

I've heard S197's are a bit trickier than the SN95's and older models to tune, any truth to that?

gmkillr
12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
should be spinning tomorrow hopefully, been super busy in and out of the shop. I will post up pricing and details when the equipment is done being tested and I am ready to start scheduling appts.

I appreciate everyones patients, there just isn't enough time in a day for me anymore!!!

Sweet buddy!
:goodidea:

no1sirbutler
12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Good Job Mike. Im sure we all would rather you take you time and have everything perfect instead of rushing it and now giving proper results to the public.

I cant wait to hear about the SCS Dyno Day!

Wolfpack Speed
12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
I've heard S197's are a bit trickier than the SN95's and older models to tune, any truth to that?Absolutely, the vehicles electronics to include the computer as well as the 5-speed auto are very different from previous makes and models.

Good Job Mike. Im sure we all would rather you take you time and have everything perfect instead of rushing it and now giving proper results to the public.

I cant wait to hear about the SCS Dyno Day!The bigest thing is time! The installation of the actual dyno was easy but it is all the other stuff that is killing me! I got every option except awd and load eddy so there are a lot of electronics to hook up and test as well as to get familiar with the software and different procedures for different vehicles:hyper:

bgblockelcamino
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
good luck with it def a nice setup. thanks for the pallet!!

Wolfpack Speed
12-11-2008, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the metal!

bgblockelcamino
12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
did it work out for you? let me know if you need anymore

John4cam
12-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Lol.

weareweird69
12-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Damnit, now I am going to have to get a tune in the spring when I venture down to have you work on my car again... haha

Probably have our 98 done too!

Congrats Mike, and I am glad to see your finally getting this! I was hoping it would be soon. Now if I could just make some money to pay you for the service!... haha

Wolfpack Speed
12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Damnit, now I am going to have to get a tune in the spring when I venture down to have you work on my car again... haha

Probably have our 98 done too!

Congrats Mike, and I am glad to see your finally getting this! I was hoping it would be soon. Now if I could just make some money to pay you for the service!... haha

Thanks bud, look forward to earning your business again:goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Well the dyno is finally up and running:highfive: I have been super busy and all over the place, probably still could have had it done much earlier but it really wasn't a priority with all the other suff I have going on. Made a bunch of pulls yesterday and today, still have to get some of the optional electronics set up and tested but for now the basics are ready:goodidea: Just wanted to say thanks to all of you, I share the same excitement and this is the begining of many other things to come...I look forward to earing everyones business!!!

I will start another thread for pricing et...

:goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Couple quick pics!

bgblockelcamino
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM
awesome nice first car to test out lol

scott5
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
congrats

2001GTTT
12-13-2008, 08:08 PM
thats awesome mike :highfive:

blizzard
12-13-2008, 08:28 PM
awesome :thumbsup:

lol, you gonna let the back wall turn black? or pipe the exhaust? :sticktonge:

97LaserRed
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
whos gt cs is that? looks really clean!!

SK360
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Mike let me know pricing, id like to rent it for an hour or 2 to work on my tune.

Martin0660
12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Mike let me know pricing, id like to rent it for an hour or 2 to work on my tune.

X2 - I would like to hear some pricing on something like 4 hours when you are up and running. I dont need anything beyond whatever you / your insurance requires (I assume you have to do the pulls). Basically wanting to strap the car down and keep it there while I work through tuning a new combo (I have all my own data logging and tuning tools). Really looking to do more part throttle, loaded pulls than WOT power pulls (Easy to tune WOT on the track).

Let me know when you have tht stuff worked out.

weareweird69
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks bud, look forward to earning your business again:goodidea:

Oh, you already earned it Mike! You'll get a few cars, and if you can tune a 393 Lightning, then you'll get it too when its done!

Your the only guy close enough to me that I trust enough to let touch my car... you should see me watch the local yuppies inspect it. :rolleyes:

I did finally get my car aligned, man it was outta whack! And it wasnt your fault haha it took all the MM C/C plates had to get it straight.

But Looking forward to using that dyno this summer I hope, I need a PA tune, not an AZ tune! haha Are you goin to be using something like an SCT or Predator to load the tunes? Or an actual chip?