PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Pricing & Details

Wolfpack Speed
12-14-2008, 11:48 AM
As many of you already know, I took delivery of a brand new 224x Dynojet Dynamometer on 12-1! There are a few minor issues that need to be addressed but the dyno is up and running and is spitting out very accurate hp and tq results!

I have received numerous emails, phone calls, pm's and walk in questions about pricing, tuning etc...I will do my best to answer those questions now and feel free to post up if anyone has any more.

The Dyno...

Is welcome to anyone and everyone! The only vehicles that will be excluded are the vehicles that aren't compatible or don't fit, for example a dually, awd's etc...

Dyno Days...

At this time I honestly haven't even thought about when the first one will be and how we will conduct these. I am open to any and all suggestions and will post up details after the holidays.

Pricing...

2 pulls with or without a/f = $75

Dyno time = $100 per hour, 15 minute increments @ $25 after the first hour. Time starts when the car backs on to the lift and stops when it pulls off. If you are a legitimate shop owner and would like to use the dyno for you and or your customers, discounted rates are available...contact me privately for pricing:goodidea: For any of the ACTIVE racers out there, discounts are available as well...contact me privately for pricing:goodidea:

Tuning...

Services are available, Jon Lund of Lund Racing is the house tuner. He will be out on a as needed basis for private dyno tuning. Jon is a very reputable and experienced SCT tuner and is the tuning brain behind many other reputable shops. He may or may not offer diablosport tuning, Jon and I still have details to work out to include pricing for his services, I will post up that information as soon as I have it...the cost of dyno time will be the same. For anyone that does their own tuning or wants to bring in their "guy", you are more than welcome to do so! Everyone has their "guy" and I could care less who it is!

A very good question was asked in the other thread that I wanted to address real quick. We strap the car down and control the software/electronics. It is up to the customer to decide who backs the vehicle on and off the lift as well as who operates the vehicle on the dyno:goodidea:

I hope I have answered many of everyones questions. I sincerely thank all of you for your continued support and share the same excitement! I started this business because it is my passion and hobby. In a very short amount of time we have grown considerably and will continue to do so thanks to all of our great customers! You guys have been asking for this and I look forward to earning everyones business:highfive:

Mike

wick
12-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Is your air/fuel a tailpipe "sniffer" or will you be using a weld in bung?

NateSVT
12-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds good Mike! I'll be down in the spring time for some 700rwhp dyno runs!:jump:

Wolfpack Speed
12-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Is your air/fuel a tailpipe "sniffer" or will you be using a weld in bung?For accurate a/f readings the vehicle being tested will need to have a bung installed before any catalytic converter and really should be before the cross over as well. I have the tail pipe sniffer but have no intention of setting it up or using it.

We have bungs on hand at all times, $50 + tax installed.

Wolfpack Speed
12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Sounds good Mike! I'll be down in the spring time for some 700rwhp dyno runs!:jump:Look forward to it Nate! You keeping the car or what?

wick
12-14-2008, 01:21 PM
For accurate a/f readings the vehicle being tested will need to have a bung installed before any catalytic converter and really should be before the cross over as well. I have the tail pipe sniffer but have no intention of setting it up or using it.

I have a couple buddys with 60's and 70's muscle cars that will be comming down to you. All carbed. Would the tailpipe sniffer work on that or should I just tell 'em to put a bung in? You know what, I will just call you in a bit.

ModularMike
12-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Can you do multiple cars on the 1hr dyno rent? How long does it take to set up? I have 2 cars ready to come down soon and I wanted to know if I could make 2 pulls per car on the $100/hr price or would I have to pay $75 a car still.

97LaserRed
12-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Are dynos able to give a estimate of the 1/4 mile?

Rio94gt
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Take your cars HP and vehichle weight and plug it into an online calculator. Itll give you a rough and i mean rough estimate.

White5.0
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Are dynos able to give a estimate of the 1/4 mile?

why dont you just take your car to the track for once lol

97LaserRed
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Take your cars HP and vehichle weight and plug it into an online calculator. Itll give you a rough and i mean rough estimate.

idk my wieght!:frown: or HP lol

why dont you just take your car to the track for once lol
i cant wait till spring!!!!! i want to do it now!!! lol:sticktonge:

94svtcobra
12-14-2008, 06:13 PM
r u guys gonna ba able to tune a 94???

Rio94gt
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
idk my wieght!:frown: or HP lol

i cant wait till spring!!!!! i want to do it now!!! lol:sticktonge:

Take your car up to Oriental Gardens nursery across from the Get Go and PAT Bus garage in West Mifflin. They have a drive on scale for weighing landscaping trucks. The will print you out a slip.:thmbsup:

Wolfpack Speed
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Can you do multiple cars on the 1hr dyno rental?No...

97LaserRed
12-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Take your car up to Oriental Gardens nursery across from the Get Go and PAT Bus garage in West Mifflin. They have a drive on scale for weighing landscaping trucks. The will print you out a slip.:thmbsup:
haha seriously! when i put my insurance back on I will do that!

Wolfpack Speed
12-14-2008, 08:25 PM
r u guys gonna ba able to tune a 94???

Yes...

sweeney1030
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
can you do a rev limiter elimination and top end goven elminination on a 01 v-6 auto, I dont want to buy a tuner it is the wifes car and Id use it one time then shelf it. lmk price and how long it will take , there are no cats it does have flows and a bbk cold air. thanks

Jper
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Ill be there in the spring :thumbsup:

Rio94gt
12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
haha seriously! when i put my insurance back on I will do that!

Thats how I weighed mine.

no1sirbutler
12-14-2008, 10:41 PM
For accurate a/f readings the vehicle being tested will need to have a bung installed before any catalytic converter and really should be before the cross over as well. I have the tail pipe sniffer but have no intention of setting it up or using it.

You can use the rear O2 sensor bung if they are already turned off right?

Wolfpack Speed
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
can you do a rev limiter elimination and top end goven elminination on a 01 v-6 auto, I dont want to buy a tuner it is the wifes car and Id use it one time then shelf it. lmk price and how long it will take , there are no cats it does have flows and a bbk cold air. thankshttp://www.lundracing.com

Wolfpack Speed
12-15-2008, 09:20 AM
You can use the rear O2 sensor bung if they are already turned off right?It is really up to the tuner, I know Jon will say no if you have a prochamber. I believe he will read from the rear o2's if it is an off road h or x but it really should be before the cross over...

94svtcobra
12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
ill be down in the spring then

MBH
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Mike, can't wait for some nice weather to get the car on the dyno. Not sure if I'm just used to it or if she's down on power... but it gives me a good reason to pay you a visit :thmbsup:

I think I know the answer will be "it depends on how busy the shop is," but how far in advance would you like us to set up the appointment to get a car on the dyno? What about multiple cars? The reason I ask is because I won't take the car out if the weather is anything but sunny and the roads are dry and salt free, but I'd still like to get it strapped down for some pulls as soon as I can.

Brian, lets do this sometime :goodidea:

97LaserRed
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Brian, lets do this sometime :goodidea:
def as so as my insurance is on. im going! i cant wait till spring!!! hahahahaha:sticktonge:

Wolfpack Speed
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Mike, can't wait for some nice weather to get the car on the dyno. Not sure if I'm just used to it or if she's down on power... but it gives me a good reason to pay you a visit :thmbsup:

I think I know the answer will be "it depends on how busy the shop is," but how far in advance would you like us to set up the appointment to get a car on the dyno? What about multiple cars? The reason I ask is because I won't take the car out if the weather is anything but sunny and the roads are dry and salt free, but I'd still like to get it strapped down for some pulls as soon as I can.

Brian, lets do this sometime :goodidea:It is not a big deal Bo, just let me know when you want to come in! Power pulls down take up that much time so I can usually work a car in. Renting it for several hours may take a little more scheduling...:goodidea:

MBH
12-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Mike, that's awesome! I'll be calling you the next time it's nice out & I have the day off.

I was also thinking that I might buy a friend some dyno time for his goat for christmas lol

SK360
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Mike, that's awesome! I'll be calling you the next time it's nice out & I have the day off.

I was also thinking that I might buy a friend some dyno time for his goat for christmas lol

This is one lucky friend.

Jper
12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Ditto. Can we be friends:highfive:

weareweird69
12-16-2008, 01:53 AM
I got a challenge...

Can he tune a 93 Lightning with a 393? Mind you its NOT OBD2 its the Ford EEC IV or whatever.

If so, Ill be down when the truck is finished when im 90 LOL

Wolfpack Speed
12-16-2008, 10:24 AM
He can tune anything! Best thing to do is when someone is ready, shoot him an email and put something together. He will let you know when he will be out next or you guys can work on a date. He wont come out for just a couple cars so post up for how many more he needs to come out, thats what I will be doing!

MBH
12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
haha yeah, we've been been pretty close friends for a long time. I take him and another friend to vegas every summer too. (no homo)

ttk53
12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
any Idea on the price for a tune yet? I will be finishing up my car soon and will probably want to get on a list for a tuning day.

scott5
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM
i didnt really look through the whole thread, and i know you cant do diesels, does this mean you cant do gas powered trucks either?

MBH
01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/MBH_427/01-05-09%20-%20Dyno/IMG_5724.jpg

Mike's got a real nice set up!! unfortunately I don't! Time for some new plugs & some new gas in the tank amongst other things :rofl:

crazylou
01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Well What She Do On Dyno???????

97LaserRed
01-05-2009, 11:38 PM
wow bo that pic turned out really sick!!!

MBH
01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Well What She Do On Dyno???????
not much :rofl: