PDA

View Full Version : MM&FF Street Stick Shootout

mlowry1260
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I found this on SSOTN & thought I'd share it.

"Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is looking for contestants for its first shootout of the 2007 season, the MM&FF Street Stick Shootout.

Rules are as follows:

-1979-newer Mustangs allowed.
-Stock style suspension.
-Full interior, racing buckets OK as long as there are two front seats. Rear seat removal OK if finished properly.
-Any Ford engine-any modifications.
-Any power adder, multiple power adders OK.
-Tire size limited to true 28X10.5-inch tires. No Ws allowed. Slicks OK.
-Stock-style, clutch-assisted five and six-speed manual transmissions. Overdrive gears must work.
-Working horn, wipers and lights required.
-No unpainted body panels.
-Must have all required NHRA safety equipment, racing license per applicable elapsed time/mph.
-Mufflers required and exhaust must exit behind front seats. All cars must pass Englishtown’s strict noise restrictions. No bullet-style mufflers allowed.

The event will be held mid- to late-March in Englishtown, New Jersey at Raceway Park, MM&FF’s home track. Unlike past shootouts, this one will be a two-day event held during the week. Day one will consists of drag strip action and photos. Day two will include one or more dyno pulls at a local shop. More information about the event will be given out once the submissions have been tallied and competitors have been chosen.

Submissions should include exterior, interior and engine pictures, along with detailed information about your car and its performance. Be sure to include all of your personal contact information so we can reach you easily. Send all submissions to steve.baur@primedia.com (steve.baur@primedia.com), or snail mail them to Primedia, 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, Florida 33619, Attn: Steve Baur.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Steve

Steve Baur
Senior Associate Editor
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine"

somethingclever
01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
You better get to sprayin Lou!!! :woot1:

200 shot LOL

shawnsvtcobra
01-03-2007, 02:42 PM
That should be a good shootout for sure.

Mater
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
That should be a good shootout for sure.

should be!:pinkthumb:

INSANELY CRAZY
01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
sounds like a cool place to be...

lib88stang
01-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Very cool:goodidea:

N8Miller
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I emailed my application :D

Martin0660
01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
It would be neat to do one of these, but there are some details of how they do shootouts that can make them ummmm....challenging.

For the appication be honest about your cars condition and what it can / will run. I really believe that mine got picked the second time they tried to do TC's because I had lots of info that showed the car would run the numbers i said, and do it repeatibly. The first group of TC's never got print because they just didnt run what they said they would. I'm sure they get tons of cars that say they can run a number that never do it, when you read those shootout articles, you always see how guys dont perform.

If picked, you cant talk about it. Basically from when you are picked until it hits the news stands. They scour the messageboards and such, and if they see mention of it, they will pull you.

You are alowed to bring one geust, but no cameras or anything.

You usually get very short notice when its actually going to happen. Worse yet, is they might pull the plug on the date and reschedule at any time (with even shorter notice). We were scheduled for fall a year ago, and they cancelled the week before, turned around a re-scheduled with two weeks notice the next spring (after my TC was gone)

When I was invited, the e-mail said to bring a lunch or there was a pizza joint local that would deliver to the track, they dont even spring for a Pizza.

Even if you go, there is no gaurentee you are going to make the magazine, They will edit the material they get to make the best article of it. The first time they did the t-birds, it was a SC vs TC shootout. The TC's they got to show up didnt perform on the track so they simply omitted them from the story and did the SC's

The shootouts are typcially during the week, and always in NJ.

When they contacted me to bring the TC the second time, I didnt have the car anymore. I gave them my buddy Steve Chomo's name and he went and ran it in my slot. They got a ton of passes in that day, said the track was VERY well prepped, he actually ran his best ever ET and MPH that day by a good margin (good air at E-town). He got his car in the magazine.

That all said, its sure interesting as heck, and Steve Baur is a heck of a guy. There was a lot of BS that accomapnied the 1st cancelation, as everyone on the list had all out e-mail adresses, and he tolerated it wonderfully. Steve seems to have a soft spot for the 2.3 cars too....hmmmmm....maybe I will send in again ;)

Bob Myers

Sonic03snake
01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Email sent.:pepper:

George C
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
good luck lou

Cam99
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Go get em Lou

N8Miller
01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
martin, that write up was the equivalent of being at a party and only fat chicks left: depressing, but i gotta throw it in anyway.
oh well, if it happens for any of us, cool, ive only had my car in 1 magazine and that was for a test photo... but it was cool!

shawnsvtcobra
01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Email sent.:pepper:Cool Lou.:goodidea:

Mater
01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Cool Lou.:goodidea:

x2:pepper:

87notch
01-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Good luck N8 and Lou:awsome:

shawnsvtcobra
01-04-2007, 10:21 AM
All kind of people sending in for this.

mlowry1260
01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.superstallions.com/forum/tm.asp?m=124191

Here's the thread over on SSOTN.

shawnsvtcobra
01-04-2007, 01:03 PM

Here's the thread over on SSOTN.Thanks for the link.:goodidea:

Mater
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Good luck N8 and Lou:awsome:

Here's the thread over on SSOTN.

Thanks for the link.:goodidea:

:twothumbsup:

Martin0660
01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
martin, that write up was the equivalent of being at a party and only fat chicks left: depressing, but i gotta throw it in anyway.

I didnt want to sound depressing, but its the reality. They are great folks, and everyone I know thats done these deals has said they had a heck of a time doing it, and ran their best ET/MPH during their gigs. I would go again if selected too.

Bob Myers