PDA

View Full Version : Tuning slots are available....

Wolfpack Speed
05-03-2009, 12:42 PM
for our tuning day next week. A few customers aren't going to be able to make it now so we have some room if anyone is interested. Jon Lund of Lund Racing will be doing the tuning as usual. If anyone needs tuned up and is ready, call me at the shop for details.:thmbsup:

Thanks!

Mike

boost_92
05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll be there! Deposit sent! See ya saturday!

Wolfpack Speed
05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I'll be there! Deposit sent! See ya Saturday!

Look forward to it, see you then!

Just wanted to say thanks again to all the board members on here that support us! We had 2 days worth of cars lined up but due to circumstances out of my control, our time frame was pushed up and cut short by a day. This created an issue for many but thanks to SCS's we were able to fill in where needed, actually we have too many cars again! I really appreciate everyones patients and we are already working on another tuning day for the end of the month or very beginning of June at the latest! Contact me at the shop for further details!

Thanks!

Mike

Chargin2004GT
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
See you in the morning Mike! :thumbsup:

Mitternacht
05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
What time? I'd like to stop out.

Chargin2004GT
05-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Ill be there around 10

Wolfpack Speed
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Big thanks to all who participated, I hope everyone is happy! We had 10 cars today and for the most part everything went well! A few of the cars had some mechanical and or hardware issues but other than that it was a productive day! Thanks to all who participated, let me know if anyone has any questions or problems. I really appreciate everyones business and it was good to see everyone again!

Mike

RUTHLESS
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Mike,
Thanks for all the help today! The car ran like a champ on the way home with one fuel pump. After getting home we started pulling the dual FPDM wiring harness kit a part (that I purchased from a certain on-line shop). Guess what we found? They had one pump wired backwards!! I am so ticked I have no idea what to do at this point so I am just going to sleep on it and call them Monday. I may drop names incase they dont believe me. I am also going to give them a list of the money they cost me plus the time they wasted for you and Jon. They have to understand that this type of OOps just cant.

I can't thank you and Jon Lund enough for finding this in the safest way possible and being understanding at the same time.

Ryan

RUTHLESS
05-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Here a pic!

Wolfpack Speed
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Mike,
Thanks for all the help today! The car ran like a champ back home on the one fuel pump. After getting home we started pulling the dual FPDM wiring harness kit a part (that I purchased from a certain on-line shop). Guess what we found? They had one pump wired backwards!! I am so ticked I have no idea what to do at this point so I am just going to sleep on it and call them Monday. I may drop names incase they dont believe me. I am also going to give them a list of the money they cost me plus the time they wasted for you and Jon. They have to understand that this type of OOps just cant.

I can't thank you and Jon Lund enough for finding this in the safest way possible and being understanding at the same time.

Ryan

Ryan,

Your car is there and Jon and I will work together remotely to dial the tune in, once your wiring issues are solved. I feel bad for you and the other couple cars that had issues, I certainly don't want a car coming off my dyno incomplete. Unfortunately there is only so much we can do, thanks for understanding. Let me know what you want to do, talk to you soon:goodidea:

RUTHLESS
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Mike you guys are great and we couldnt ask for a better shop to work with. I am upset at the "online shop" I purchased the harness from. I sent them an e-mail and will wait to hear back. I could fix this in 10 mins now that I know what THEY did wrong. I all honesty I wish it was something I did wrong. It sucks when you work for 4 weeks to get a car working just to have something like this cause an issue. I put my trust in this "online shop" that charged me $390 to almost blow up my car.

BTW I am refering to them as an "online shop" because I dont want to bash them. After all they might make things right for me. When I talk to the owner I am going to have them swap me out the dual FPDM kit for a new "Zone 5 Performance MDM Jr. Mega Driver Module" since I cant trust them to make a proper wiring kit.

I will let you know how I make out.

03 OW SVT
05-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Here a pic!

Screw those wiring harnesess..we want to see pix of the kb.:sticktonge: LOL

Glad you didn't hurt nothing on your car Ryan.

2000GT
05-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Mike,
Although I had fuel pump issues, I couldn't be happier with my results with my little 2 valve (412/413)! I plan on getting an MAF exteneder and get my pump rewired and get it retuned when John returns. Thanks for a great time Mike! Also, it was good to see you!

Sean

mr4teth
05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Mike,
Although I had fuel pump issues, I couldn't be happier with my results with my little 2 valve (412/413)! I plan on getting an MAF exteneder and get my pump rewired and get it retuned when John returns. Thanks for a great time Mike! Also, it was good to see you!

Sean

See ... that old sled does have some life left in her! :rofl:

2000GT
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
See ... that old sled does have some life left in her! :rofl:

you know the old saying, "Old Fords never die, they just go faster!" :goodidea:

RUTHLESS
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Screw those wiring harnesess..we want to see pix of the kb.:sticktonge: LOL

Glad you didn't hurt nothing on your car Ryan.

Thanks Kevin! Bo has some pics and I hope he posts them for us. :goodidea:

On to the harness...I heard back from Jared at Lethal Performance today. Well it was a PM but at least he got back to me. The harness is clearly built wrong. One side of the haress has the red and black fuel pump wires switched. The good news is we didnt hurt the car but they sure cost a few people some stress. If Mike wants to blow off some steam I give him the green light to go smash Jared's (owner of Lethal) head with a bat. lol

Mike,
I will let you know when the car is fixed. I am going to try to get Lethal to swap out this wiring harness and jump up to the new MDM jr if its more reliable. It came out right after I purchased my kit and it was only $10 more. :rolleyes:

mr4teth
05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
you know the old saying, "Old Fords never die, they just go faster!" :goodidea:

What's so impressive is your numbers are SAE which is about 430/429 STD! :thmbsup:

Wolfpack Speed
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Mike you guys are great and we couldnt ask for a better shop to work with. I am upset at the "online shop" I purchased the harness from. I sent them an e-mail and will wait to hear back. I could fix this in 10 mins now that I know what THEY did wrong. I all honesty I wish it was something I did wrong. It sucks when you work for 4 weeks to get a car working just to have something like this cause an issue. I put my trust in this "online shop" that charged me $390 to almost blow up my car.

BTW I am refering to them as an "online shop" because I dont want to bash them. After all they might make things right for me. When I talk to the owner I am going to have them swap me out the dual FPDM kit for a new "Zone 5 Performance MDM Jr. Mega Driver Module" since I cant trust them to make a proper wiring kit.

I will let you know how I make out.

Sounds good man and thanks for the kind words! I know you are frustrated but it happens. Give them a chance to make it right and go from there.

Wolfpack Speed
05-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Mike,

Sean

Sean,

Good to see you again and I am glad you are happy! Your car has more power in it for sure!

RUTHLESS
05-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry to clutter up your thread but here is the responce I got back from Jared at Lethal. He is a good guy and ever answered me to a Sunday.

It just goes to show that if you stay cool and are willing to talk to people before dropping bad press on the net that most places will do everything they can to correct the issue.

"Ryan,

I fully understand you're frustration and I do apologize. I will obviously do my best to help you get this resolved. By looking at the image the wires on the connector to the left is wrong. Somehow the black and red got soldered to the opposite pins. In that case the connector on the left would use the black as positive to the pump and the red to the negative on the pump.

I'm glad that you had someone help you with the car and figure out something was wrong before you went out and beat on it. Fortunately nothing bad happened.

If you'd like to send back the harness and swap for an MDMjr I have no problem doing so. I'll also knock 15% off of the MDMjr to show good faith that we do care.

Please call me tomorrow and I'll set up an RMA to get the wiring harness back and get you swapped over to the MDMjr.

This is the first time I've ever seen one of the wires on our harness's swapped like that and again I do apologize for that.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we'll get you all taken care of.

Thanks, Jared"

Wolfpack Speed
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry to clutter up your thread but here is the response I got back from Jared at Lethal. He is a good guy and ever answered me to a Sunday.

It just goes to show that if you stay cool and are willing to talk to people before dropping bad press on the net that most places will do everything they can to correct the issue.

"Ryan,

I fully understand you're frustration and I do apologize. I will obviously do my best to help you get this resolved. By looking at the image the wires on the connector to the left is wrong. Somehow the black and red got soldered to the opposite pins. In that case the connector on the left would use the black as positive to the pump and the red to the negative on the pump.

I'm glad that you had someone help you with the car and figure out something was wrong before you went out and beat on it. Fortunately nothing bad happened.

If you'd like to send back the harness and swap for an MDMjr I have no problem doing so. I'll also knock 15% off of the MDMjr to show good faith that we do care.

Please call me tomorrow and I'll set up an RMA to get the wiring harness back and get you swapped over to the MDMjr.

This is the first time I've ever seen one of the wires on our harness's swapped like that and again I do apologize for that.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we'll get you all taken care of.

Thanks, Jared"

Sounds like Jared is willing to do what is necessary to correct the problem, you really cant ask for more than that! It is very frustrating from a shop owner and consumers stand point when stuff like that happens. What is most important is that whoever is responsible does what they need to do to fix the problem. Everyone loses in situations like that but when the quilt party steps up to the plate to make things right, that is all you can really ask for. Stuff like this well always happen from time to time, I recently went through this with a new supercharger out of the box that self destructed, I feel your pain!

Mike

RUTHLESS
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I just got off the phone with Jared and this is what went down.

"In his good faith" (so he said) He wants me to ship back the harness and swap it out for the MDMjr. Now here is the catch that burns me up. He will not ship the MDMjr until he gets the screwed up harness. Needless to say I about flipped out! So now I have to cover shipping back plus my car is down for another week or so while he plays these games. I told him not to expect my business again and he took that as a threat. Jared: "Dont threaten me I am doing everything I can. My store has a policy in place to protect me. What if I send this out and not recieve the returned item? I could have told you just to switch the wires around." (That I found by the way)

If that was my company I would have called Jon Lund to get the whole story and if it checked out I would have sent out a F'n free MDMjr because I lucked out and didnt blow a car up because my guys screwed up the wiring.

So all he did was take $50 off the MDMjr! I have more tied up in gas money than that. Plus Mike's and Jon's time looking for the issue.

Mike,
Thanks again for working with me on this. Its nice to know you stand behind your shop/work. I feel like you helped me out more than the people that caused the issue and that means alot to me.

mr4teth
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Now here is the catch that burns me up. He will not ship the MDMjr until he gets the screwed up harness.

I have dealt with Jared a few times in the past and I'm a little disappointed! I understand him not shipping a replacement until he receives the "bad" kit back, but making you pay for shipping on this is just WRONG! :nono: If it was a return from your mistake yes but this is not the case here!

RUTHLESS
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Yep I am done with them! It sucks for him because I still need parts for this car and I am sure I will have more cars in the future.

Well enough about this. I just want my car running after all the work and I dont want to drag Jared's name in the mud.

It was nice meeting everyone on Saturday. I know we get to chat on here but putting faces to screen names was a nice change. I cant wait for Carlisle!! :thmbsup:

boost_92
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I wanna say thanks to Mike and Jon for a smooth session. My little 2v put down 274/290 on a low compression build. I can't wait to bring this thing alive with a kenne belle in the near future.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/boost_92/m1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/boost_92/m2.jpg
Oh and next time I will have a hood prop!

Wolfpack Speed
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Mike,
Thanks again for working with me on this. Its nice to know you stand behind your shop/work. I feel like you helped me out more than the people that caused the issue and that means alot to me.

No problem Ryan! I feel bad about your situation and understand your frustration. Best of luck getting everything resolved, let me if there is anything I can do for ya! Stay in touch and let me know when you want to finish the tune up.

I wanna say thanks to Mike and Jon for a smooth session. My little 2v put down 274/290 on a low compression build. I can't wait to bring this thing alive with a kenne belle in the near future.

Thank you Dan, glad you are happy and look forward to working with you again!

RUTHLESS
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
You bet I will stay in touch. I paid for a tune and a dyno pull and didnt get either 100% so I will be back. :goodidea:

BTW What did you do with the chip that was pulled out of my car? I saw you take it to show Jon and was expecting to find it in my car today when I was working on it but it was nowhere to be found.

Wolfpack Speed
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
You bet I will stay in touch. I paid for a tune and a dyno pull and didnt get either 100% so I will be back. :goodidea:

BTW What did you do with the chip that was pulled out of my car? I saw you take it to show Jon and was expecting to find it in my car today when I was working on it but it was nowhere to be found.
I thought he gave it back to you? I will check the shop tomorrow, if there isn't one there I will make sure you get it back:goodidea:

laz2447
05-12-2009, 08:22 AM
I thought he gave it back to you? I will check the shop tomorrow, if there isn't one there I will make sure you get it back:goodidea:

Its right next to my "key" for my lug locks...:rofl:

Wolfpack Speed
05-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Its right next to my "key" for my lug locks...:rofl::sticktonge:

Ryan,

I have your chip, it was on the monitor shelf...never saw it.

Mike

RUTHLESS
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
:sticktonge:

Ryan,

I have your chip, it was on the monitor shelf...never saw it.

Mike

Not a problem. I was so upset there could have been a hot chick sitting on the bench and I would have missed her. lol

I will just pick it up when we get together for the tuning session. BTW I know you are busy so I will make sure I give you advanced warning when my car is up and running.

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Ryan (RUTHLESS),

As if you already haven't completely embarrassed your self via these two threads...

http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20122

http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20576

I figured I would embarrass you some more by bringing these threads back and exposing you for the two faced liar that you are. I feel obligated to do so as you have intentionally slandered me, my company and my business associate, for absolutely no reason. I responded to your comments in the first thread because I wanted people to know the truth. I ignored your comments in the second thread but you accused me, or us, of something that is yet another LIE and I just cant let that go. I urge anyone and everyone that has any interest in your malicious comments to read all posts made in this thread, or at least by my self (Wolfpack Speed) and you (RUTHLESS). After doing so, you and whoever choses to discover the truth will see exactly why your comments are totally uncalled for. I will also be posting this in 2 other threads that are located here, in my forum, to offer further evidence of your LIES. Forget the fact that you have offered absolutely NOTHING to back up your statements, but why now after over a year are you on here trash talking us? You have also accused me, or us, of blowing up motors and covering things up. Do you have any proof or evidence of this? The answer is no, because we have never blown up a motor...EVER.

I don't need to go into detail regarding how we treat our customers and their cars, anyone who has utilized our services knows how we do things and my forum section on here is an accurate representation of that.

Do you have anything to say now Ryan?

Mike

Viper_ed
08-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Can I get in for next week??? I really don't like my motor anymore :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Can I get in for next week??? I really don't like my motor anymore :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:Might be on hold now, waiting on a new stock of pistons:cutie:

Viper_ed
08-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Might be on hold now, waiting on a new stock of pistons:cutie:

You better get at least 16 of those phuckers for my ride, I hear you're one mean tuning son of a bitch!

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 10:47 PM
You better get at least 16 of those phuckers for my ride, I hear you're one mean tuning son of a bitch!

So far our best job is 10 pistons at one time, I deleted the injectors to save weight and it leaned out...it was a viper:D

Viper_ed
08-18-2010, 10:48 PM
So far our best job is 10 pistons at one time, I deleted the injectors to save weight and it leaned out...it was a viper:D

Who needs injectors? We'll just drink a lot and piss in the intake to create combustion!

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Who needs injectors? We'll just drink a lot and piss in the intake to create combustion!

That will create a rich condition which will cause your car to smoke and clog your cats until the headers pop off:laughing1:

Viper_ed
08-18-2010, 10:51 PM
That will create a rich condition which will cause your car to smoke and clog your cats until the headers pop off:laughing1:

Perfect, that the look I'm after! Will it leave big chit stains on my back bumper so I can finally have a ride as cool as the Honda's? Please, please, please so it's so!

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Perfect, that the look I'm after! Will it leave big chit stains on my back bumper so I can finally have a ride as cool as the Honda's? Please, please, please so it's so!Absolutely, you will not be dissapointed, it will look just like a pewter ss with purple flames:jaw-dropping:

Viper_ed
08-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Absolutely, you will not be dissapointed, it will look just like a pewter ss with purple flames:jaw-dropping:

F it, count me in! Let me know what time to show up.

Wolfpack Speed
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
F it, count me in! Let me know what time to show up.
WORD edwardzzzzz...peeps be gettin downz yall:rotflol:

Mater
08-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Would u two get a room!:D