PDA

View Full Version : TnT last night 5/7

CobraII
05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Man, I wish I could have made it. I have to see how the new combo will run in the Olds. I guess the sunshine scared people away. I hear there weren't many cars. My buddy had 7 passes.

Martin0660
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Same thing happened last Saturday, I got 8 passes in :D Still tuning.................

Rodeheaver's
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
MAN!!!! thats alot of runs!! I wish i would have went..

CobraII
05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
How goes the tuning, Bob? Quicker than me yet?? :D Well, than the 362, anyway? Hopefully we see how the 461 does tomorrow.

Balaska347
05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, anyone who thinks you only get 2 runs on TNT at PRP is crazy. They have been making sure you get atleast 3 but most of the time more.

Martin0660
05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Quicker than me yet?? :D

Does yours run???? Havent seen it at the track :jump::jump::jump:

Seriously though, no. I have had glimmers of hope from running new best 60's three runs in a row last Saturday to some strong MPH for the current boost level (110 mph at 21 psi). I havent even come close however to putting them all together on the same pass yet, and it's all over the place right now.

The good news is, there is hope in my data ;) Right now dialing the car is going to be a joke.

Martin0660
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
BTW Chuck - I'm still only 140 cubic inches :bike:

2001GTTT
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
BTW Chuck - I'm still only 140 cubic inches :bike:

my schlong's bigger than that.

:rofl::highfive:

Jper
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM

:rofl::highfive:
+1 hhahah

Martin0660
05-08-2009, 07:55 PM

hmmmmmm.... I will give you the location of 5 or 6 bathroom walls that say different :rofl:

Oh wait.... Maybe they say "is a little" rather than "has a little".....

:highfive: Remember, it's not what you got, it's all about how you use it ;)

phillysrt4
05-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, anyone who thinks you only get 2 runs on TNT at PRP is crazy.

must have been a lot of crazy people last year, because that happened more than once.

They have been making sure you get atleast 3 but most of the time more.

I'm sure that will change when either:

a) the economy improves and people can afford to have/run their toys again, and/or
b) word of mouth gets out to the disgruntled masses that you actually get more than 2-3 runs.

Then it will be right back to "This is TnT, you get what you get" blared through the PA system.

Balaska347
05-08-2009, 10:22 PM
HAHA how did I know you would be the one to post. I'm not going to get into this conversation with you again. You're right and you know all :)

phillysrt4
05-09-2009, 06:01 AM
HAHA how did I know you would be the one to post. I'm not going to get into this conversation with you again. You're right and you know all :)

I tried my best not to reply ... honest! :rofl:

Balaska347
05-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I tried my best not to reply ... honest! :rofl:

:rofl: You couldn't resist

altoona
05-10-2009, 06:38 PM
I guess I'm spoiled. I usually make 12-15 passes on a test and tune day and could run more if I wanted. If I spent all day at the track and only got two passes that would suck.

We normally get three and occasionally four time trials on race night before eliminations start.

I'm sure PRP's a nice track, but I'm a Beaver lover. Of course I live a little closer to BSD than most of you guys.

Balaska347
05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
TNT is only from 6-10pm and if you only get 2 runs its usually because someone blew up and oiled down the whole 1/4. Beaver is a nice track, but every track has their pros and cons.

CobraII
05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Does yours run???? Havent seen it at the track :jump::jump::jump:

Seriously though, no. I have had glimmers of hope from running new best 60's three runs in a row last Saturday to some strong MPH for the current boost level (110 mph at 21 psi). I havent even come close however to putting them all together on the same pass yet, and it's all over the place right now.

The good news is, there is hope in my data ;) Right now dialing the car is going to be a joke.

That's why I threw in the qualifier about the 362. :D

We'll find out about the 461 Wednesday night, hopefully. It sounds good in the garage.

I hope it all works out great, Bob.

CobraII
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm spoiled. I usually make 12-15 passes on a test and tune day and could run more if I wanted. If I spent all day at the track and only got two passes that would suck.

We normally get three and occasionally four time trials on race night before eliminations start.

I'm sure PRP's a nice track, but I'm a Beaver lover. Of course I live a little closer to BSD than most of you guys.

I'm a Beaver lover too. As for Beaver Springs Dragway, it's ok. :D

I've been to BSD, and I like the place just fine. Bob is one helluva promoter. However, the car count there compared to PRP is considerably lower, allowing for more runs.

PRP works very hard at providing as many runs as possible, on a track as safe as possible. I would rather they clean up after a leaker, than not look at it and keep sending cars down the track.

Martin0660
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
We'll find out about the 461 Wednesday night, hopefully. It sounds good in the garage.

See ya there probably ;) They all sound strong in the garage. I wish we could race in mine :D

CobraII
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
See ya there probably ;) They all sound strong in the garage. I wish we could race in mine :D

LOL very true. :D

Ares
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Chuck is this one gonna be a belt eater also? You better have aligned those pulleys or :bitchslap:

CobraII
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Ed, you jinxed me.

Martin0660
05-14-2009, 12:02 PM

Doh, never did see your run but was so wrapped up in my own little world that I didnt even think that you had a problem.

Man was that headwind nasty.

Ares
05-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Ok Chuck you run an electric fan right? Also your crank pulley, is it the larger factory one or the smaller factory underdrive type? I ask as my 350 Olds I had before had the smaller factory crank pulley and never ever tossed a belt.

How bout we set that bad boy up with an electric waterpump. Then ditch any other accessory and use a 6rib short belt system to spin the altenator, similer to how Mikey has his. No more tossed belts and cooling system will work better. It's win win.

or

You're gonna have to use a large diameter deep groove altenator pulley to A: slow down the speed of it and B: keep the belt in groove. As V belts are the suck.

CobraII
05-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Bob, I didn't make a pass. On the drive out, I discovered the shifter cable needed adjusted, and the belt was wailing more than Balaska about rain. I would have tossed it had I tried to run. So I adjusted the cable there and just watched.

Ed, stock 1969 pulleys. I think it's the alt bracket. It's 2 pieces. When the car was slower, I was able to run with just the one piece. Hundreds of passes at 6000 rom later, I think it may have bent it forward to where it is now. I'm going to take the bracket off of the parts car and see if that helps. I do have a deep alt pulley if it comes to that.

I've thought about a Meziere, but that's out of budget for awhile.

Ares
05-15-2009, 05:07 PM
On the drive out, I discovered the shifter cable needed adjusted, and the belt was wailing more than Balaska about rain.

Ok thats funny :rotflol:

Balaska347
05-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Someone has to do it :sticktonge: