PDA

View Full Version : List of Chrysler Dealerships to be closed

Ares
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
If anyone works at one you and your co-workers may be SOL soon. Chrysler to close 798 dealerships. Group may try and fight it but I don't see how they will have any way to win. I have found alot just around Pittsburgh on list. Actually everyone I can think of is on the list.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/business/Chrysler_dealers_list.pdf

Martin0660
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Shame about Graft but not suprising. Small town, small dealer.

One I know not on the list is Hilleview (route 30 across from Westmoreland mall)

madmaxin22
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
i'll be unemployed in prob a month or less. got the news online before even being told by any mgmt or anything

scott5
05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
i'll be unemployed in prob a month or less. got the news online before even being told by any mgmt or anything

sorry man, hope its not for long

frankstang
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM

Damn Mike that sucks. Keep your nose to the grindstone, something will turn up.

1Badbird
05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
My Computer won't open the list, is Solomon or Tri-star on it? Just curious, those are the ones around here. I feel bad for those who are going to lose their jobs because of it. I'm still hopefull things will pick up where I'm laid off from. I won't mind having the summer off, but anything past that, well I don't want to think about that yet.

RAYZ02GT&93LX
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
General Motors list will be out soon too. Ford is coming also. Im not looking forwars to the Ford list.

Silverhatch
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
My Computer won't open the list, is Solomon or Tri-star on it? Just curious, those are the ones around here. I feel bad for those who are going to lose their jobs because of it. I'm still hopefull things will pick up where I'm laid off from. I won't mind having the summer off, but anything past that, well I don't want to think about that yet.

No Solomon. There is a Tri-star, listed as Huntingdon Pa. though?

RAYZ02GT&93LX
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Tri star, baum boulevard ent., beckman motor co, burgunder, tomsic, century III, wright dodge, corwin, 2 Krebbs locations, town and country, and Verona motors. and theres more in altoona and further out. Wright is going to loose even more when Pontiac shuts down

1Badbird
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
The Tri-star up here would be uniontown. That's good about Solomon.

2000GT
05-14-2009, 09:48 PM

Where do you work?

mr4teth
05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
No Solomon. There is a Tri-star, listed as Huntingdon Pa. though?.

Tri-Star store in Huntingdon has been closed for weeks anyway.

I had a total of 6 dealerships in my territory that "got the letter" 4 were my clients! :frown:

The GM letter is going to be much more devastating .... 2,600 dealerships affected!

mr4teth
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
General Motors list will be out soon too. Ford is coming also. Im not looking forwars to the Ford list.

Where did you hear this? From what I understand all of the consolidations took place the last couple of years and Ford was not going to participate "pay dealers" anymore. Under their dealer agreement Ford would have to compensate dealers to close. Ford would rather just let struggling dealerships die on a vine.

Wright is going to loose even more when Pontiac shuts down

Poor Kenny Wright ... he also is in jeopardy of loosing, Saab, hummer and his two small GM stores!

sweeney1030
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
I work for laural chrysler in Johnstown , we are one of the few that did'nt get the axe. my bosses rule thank god for their judgement.

madmaxin22
05-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Where do you work?

baum

2000GT
05-15-2009, 06:49 AM
baum

That is a bummer Mike. I hope something comes up for you!

Minstang
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM

GM fedex'd the letters out this morning to the Dlrs they're closin. I don't think they're gonna post a listing, I think it'll be more word of mouth (this is what I was told). I haven't heard anything about Ford. Where did you hear about Ford closings??

It's a sad, sad day in the automotive world.

I know the general consumer thinks this totally makes sense...they have really no idea what's coming....

Minstang
05-15-2009, 02:19 PM

GM fedex'd the letters out this morning to the Dlrs they're closin. I don't think they're gonna post a listing, I think it'll be more word of mouth (this is what I was told). I haven't heard anything about Ford. Where did you hear about Ford closings??

It's a sad, sad day in the automotive world.

I know the general consumer thinks this totally makes sense...they have really no idea what's coming....

Minstang
05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
If anyone works at one you and your co-workers may be SOL soon. Chrysler to close 798 dealerships. Group may try and fight it but I don't see how they will have any way to win. I have found alot just around Pittsburgh on list. Actually everyone I can think of is on the list.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/business/Chrysler_dealers_list.pdf

Here's a list from the PG of local Chrysler dlrs closing.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09135/970372-28.stm

MSNBC...is Shit. Don't ever listen to them, seriously :goodidea: I can't even click the link you posted, I hate them that much!!

Miss Attitude
05-16-2009, 01:52 AM
I know Star in Greensburg is good......for now, my cousin is trying to get the one guy that worked at Grafts a job.