PDA

View Full Version : need major HELP - DIP STICK related

J-rod
02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
well the guys at the shop cant find the place to put the dipstick in. so wtf is going on.

this either tells me....it A) isnt right block or B) its been plugged by someone as its not blowing oil out anywhere.

anyone got a diagram of where it goes? if you can show me good pics of where it goes then i will be able to take to them to get it done. i want my damn car back!!!!!

:madashell:

EDIT - read whole thread before comment. i posted this after talking to him on the phone. after dinner i went to look at it.

wick
02-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Left side, drivers side, right in the block towards the rear right ubove the oil pan.

madmaxin22
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=806131&highlight=dipstick+hole

fast4ord
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
The header bolts hold it on. Maybe the tube is broke off in the block?

J-rod
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
well i went over to check it out. found the hole. but they are going to try and get it in tomorrow. will be a PIA due to the angle.

if the tube is broke off in the block..im fvcked and will drive the car into a tree.

Viper_ed
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
well i went over to check it out. found the hole. but they are going to try and get it in tomorrow. will be a PIA due to the angle.

if the tube is broke off in the block..im fvcked and will drive the car into a tree.

It literally takes 3 seconds to put it in!

J-rod
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
i figured as much but its 0* outside and im not standing in the cold to do it. he isnt charging me for it so its cool.

Troll
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
It literally takes 3 seconds to put it in!

:owned:

Jared, you can have my name if you want it. I'll go back to Fighter Biter. :sticktonge:

J-rod
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
:owned:

Jared, you can have my name if you want it. I'll go back to Fighter Biter. :sticktonge:

sure...ill hyphonate (sp)

it was going in for a fluid change anywyas.....why should i freeze my balls off? :balls1: they already hurt from the beating ed gives them daily

oh yea....i got another "what should i do" thread ready for yall

lib88stang
When mine went bad it was broke off in the block and took a bit to get the piece out, but it was summer and could work on it outside.

J-rod
When mine went bad it was broke off in the block and took a bit to get the piece out, but it was summer and could work on it outside.

yea...not 0* :goodidea:

Balaska347
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
It is very easy to put in , and I don't know what kind of shop couldn't find where it goes, but I wouldn't take it there again.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 08:11 AM
nm nm

J-rod
02-08-2007, 02:50 PM
MOTHAFACKER!!!!!!!!

there is a piece broke off in the block. thank you!

:madashell:

how did you go about getting it out. if i have to replace the motor...i will go drive this mofo into a fvcking tree.

Viper_ed
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I would think if you can see it thru the hole, a magnet would pull it out.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I would think if you can see it thru the hole, a magnet would pull it out.

im going to get it back...guess i gotta freeze my balls and do it myself.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
who wants to come and take this car and fix it for me? the motor needs pulled.

i really fvcked myself over on this one. :balls1:

thinking of ditchng it already. :madashell:

Rio94gt
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Bummer.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Bummer.

no shit. i hate myself sooooooooo much right now.

i wish eric would fvcking kick me in the head next time i see him.

PSPstang
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
that is the exact reason i have an NOS dipstick tube that came with a past car i had.
ended up pulling the motor and parting the car.

Rio94gt
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Was this like that when you bought it?

J-rod
that is the exact reason i have an NOS dipstick tube that came with a past car i had.
ended up pulling the motor and parting the car.

i got a brand new tub/stick from Lou....just cant get old one out

J-rod
Was this like that when you bought it?

:yes:

:(

as soon as i got home i popped the hood and saw it wasnt there....

wick
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
So in other words, you DID buy a car without checking the oil. Dude, its not that hard to get a broken dip stick tube out. Why do you think you need to pull the motor?If nothing else, take a pick and insert it in to the end of the tube and pull it out. You have a new one sitting right there in your hand so you know how far you need to go to reach the end. When you feel the pick drop off the end of the tube, start pulling. If you werent so far away, I would come down and do it for you. Then I would need to :smack: you. HAHAHA Take your time dude.

2000GT
02-08-2007, 07:32 PM
you could also drill it out. Just make drail the oil when you are done. Most of the shaving should come out when you drail the oil. use a magnetic drain plug if you are worried about remaining shavings.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
my major dilema is i only have hand tools here. i do most of my major work back in parkersburg.

also its really really cold outside. and i have no where to do it. i have no where to safely jack the car up if need be right now.

J-rod
02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I would need to :smack: you. HAHAHA Take your time dude.

ill meet you somewhere if you will kick my ass. :biglaugh:

Troll
02-08-2007, 10:53 PM

In his Raptor thread, he says he's 6'4" / 250lbs. Good Luck !!! :biglaugh:

I have a thought [and I've never fooled around with my dipstick before], but first question is: Does the oil actually come out of the hole where the dipstick is broke off? If it doesn't, drain the oil out, dump 5.5 quarts in and drive the f'n thing until it warms up enough to fix it.

If oil does spray out the hole under normal operating conditions, I guess you are screwed. :bananabang:

J-rod
02-08-2007, 11:10 PM
1. i asked him to kick my ass :) i deserve it

2. no it doesnt come out. but i have an idea. :)

Viper_ed
02-08-2007, 11:52 PM
FYI, you DO NOT need to pull the engine to drop the pan. Heck, you can even change the oil pump and pickup without pulling the engine.

J-rod
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
FYI, you DO NOT need to pull the engine to drop the pan. Heck, you can even change the oil pump and pickup without pulling the engine.

i thought the k member be in the way

87notch
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
It is very easy to put in , and I don't know what kind of shop couldn't find where it goes, but I wouldn't take it there again.

:iagree:

87notch
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
no shit. i hate myself sooooooooo much right now.

i wish eric would fvcking kick me in the head next time i see him.

Looking forward to it you going to be around this weekend:smack:

J-rod
02-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Looking forward to it you going to be around this weekend:smack:

i think ill be taking it to rodeheaver's this weekend.

Troll
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM

THIS IS, BY FAR, THE SMARTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN YOU COME UP WITH. :rotflol:

J-rod
02-09-2007, 11:05 AM
THIS IS, BY FAR, THE SMARTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN YOU COME UP WITH. :rotflol:

even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while.

as long as i can get it finished in a few days.....this one car family thing sucks ass. :D

edit - and i thought it up all by myself. no WWYD thread required. :)

lib88stang
02-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Why are you taking it somewhere to get a dipstick put in? And if you need someone to check the air in your tires I know a good mechanic:sticktonge:

Just bustin your balls still..

J-rod
02-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Why are you taking it somewhere to get a dipstick put in? And if you need someone to check the air in your tires I know a good mechanic:sticktonge:

Just bustin your balls still..

:balls1:

gettin it in isnt the problem...getting the old broken one out is. i am going to try one thing tonight and if i cant get it ill leave in the morning.

Stangman701
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
i thought the k member be in the way

+1 Can you get the pan off with the motor mounts bolted up and the k member still on the car?

Steve-0
02-09-2007, 12:28 PM
+1 Can you get the pan off with the motor mounts bolted up and the k member still on the car?

I never thought so, at least not from what I've heard. I thought you had to lift the engine up slightly to drop the pan...

Viper_ed
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I never thought so, at least not from what I've heard. I thought you had to lift the engine up slightly to drop the pan...

Yes, you have to unbolt the engine from the K-member and raise it up in the car.

Viper_ed
02-09-2007, 04:28 PM

You'll get to see my 88 GT. See if you can find the dipstick hole on it! :D

J-rod
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
You'll get to see my 88 GT. See if you can find the dipstick hole on it! :D

im considering finding a good used low mileage motor and just swapping.... since if he has to pull the motor..no since putting the beat one back in.... he may be able to do it without pulling it. but worst case scenario.

mothafacking headache

Viper_ed
02-09-2007, 04:33 PM
See that, guess I should of bought it before you did. It would of saved everyone from having to listen to you cry for the past 24 hours over a simple fix! :sticktonge:

J-rod
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
See that, guess I should of bought it before you did. It would of saved everyone from having to listen to you cry for the past 24 hours over a simple fix! :sticktonge:

:rolleyes:

$500 fix will suck if it comes to that. $500 to pull engine, fix tube, put in beaten engine = my bad luck.

too bad the new job didnt come last month... :balls1:

edit - hoping he can do it for the $150...then i can keep my savings account fat for future plans.

wick
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How far are you from my house? Pittsburgh. Come up tomorrow after 1:00 and I can help you. I have a nice heated oversized two car garage. You can bring that cat pipe with you too.:goodidea: I'll even do a pro-bono for ya. thats a freebie.

J-rod
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How far are you from my house? Pittsburgh. Come up tomorrow after 1:00 and I can help you. I have a nice heated oversized two car garage. You can bring that cat pipe with you too.:goodidea: I'll even do a pro-bono for ya. thats a freebie.

i dont have a cat pipe?

i would come up there....

pittsburgh is 1.5 hours away. ill plug hole and fill with oil before i go.

wick
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
i dont have a cat pipe?

i would come up there....

pittsburgh is 1.5 hours away. ill plug hole and fill with oil before i go.

Thought you still had the pipe you were selling before. Thats not bad. Leave at noon and be right on time. You can buy lunch.

J-rod
02-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Thought you still had the pipe you were selling before. Thats not bad. Leave at noon and be right on time. You can buy lunch.

ill definately buy the lunch. ill check with the mrs. and see what she had planned for tomorrow and if i can skip it. lol

i may swing by LMM and see lou for some parts..(tune up shiit)

i gave the cat pipe away a couple months ago.

wick
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
ill definately buy the lunch. ill check with the mrs. and see what she had planned for tomorrow and if i can skip it. lol

i may swing by LMM and see lou for some parts..(tune up shiit)

i gave the cat pipe away a couple months ago.

Yep, let me know. Sunday is the same deal. My wife goes to work at 1:30 so I have freedom until she gets home. Every day except monday and tuesday.

Troll
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes:

$500 fix will suck if it comes to that. $500 to pull engine, fix tube, put in beaten engine = my bad luck.

too bad the new job didnt come last month... :balls1:

edit - hoping he can do it for the $150...then i can keep my savings account fat for future plans.

Is $350 fat for you? :rofl: :rotflol: :rofl: :rotflol: :rofl: :rotflol:

J-rod
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Is $350 fat for you? :rofl: :rotflol: :rofl: :rotflol: :rofl: :rotflol:

no but it wouldnt just be 500.... 500 plus another motor cost.

damn you rich bitches.