PDA

View Full Version : WTB Glock 29

Viper_ed
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Sure this is a long shot here, but I am looking for a nice used Glock 29 which is a subcompact 10mm if anyone may know of one.

Rio94gt
10-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Anthony Arms had a nice one but it is now owned by me hehe.

I know they had a new one up there too.

Gimme a call when you get a chance. I had something come in at work that might spark your interest.

Twin01cobra
10-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Sure this is a long shot here, but I am looking for a nice used Glock 29 which is a subcompact 10mm if anyone may know of one.

I'll keep my eye's open.

speedracer
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
I have one that I may part with... It's like new, about 6 mags 200ish rounds of ammo. I've had it for 6 months. I use my 33 a lot more.

Shadowstealth
10-16-2009, 06:36 AM
check out ace sporting goods on 19north bound right after getting off of 70 and just right passed the walmart and shopn center

mr4teth
10-16-2009, 09:02 AM

I'm curious why a 10mm and not a 40 or 45cal? Wouldn't 10mm ammo be more expensive?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.aspx?T=glock+29

speedracer
10-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm curious why a 10mm and not a 40 or 45cal? Wouldn't 10mm ammo be more expensive?

It is but in a compact auto it has way more killing power than a .40 or .45

mr4teth
10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
It is but in a compact auto it has way more killing power than a .40 or .45

I can't imagine you would need more "killing power" than a 40 or 45 can offer! But hey different strokes for different folks!

Twin01cobra
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
I can't imagine you would need more "killing power" than a 40 or 45 can offer! But hey different strokes for different folks!

Not to familiar with the 10mm I see:snicker:

03SnakePlissken
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Not to familiar with the 10mm I see:snicker:

It's not worth it.... once they drink the koolaid it is hard to talk facts. :)

Silverhatch
10-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Is that what I sold to J. Lohr that you originally owned??

Viper_ed
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Is that what I sold to J. Lohr that you originally owned??

Yes it is. Wish I wouldn't of sold it.

Check out the ballistics on a 10mm when you get a chance. Almost comparable to a 44 Mag. Ammo is more expensive, but I carry a 10mm Glock 20 in my truck and want a compact version for my side instead of my .40 cal Glock 27.

I have one that I may part with... It's like new, about 6 mags 200ish rounds of ammo. I've had it for 6 months. I use my 33 a lot more.

Let me know, I'd be interested for sure.

speedracer
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Pm sent

coralcoupe1993
10-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Bang bang.

mr4teth
10-17-2009, 07:21 AM
It's not worth it.... once they drink the koolaid it is hard to talk facts. :)

What's this supposed to mean?

Viper_ed
10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Still looking.

03SnakePlissken
10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
What's this supposed to mean?

It means that once a guy gets mis-informed and he decides to make it gospel, all the scientific prrof and federal testing data in the world can hardly make him see the truth again.

There is a big misconception out there that from 9mm up to 50 cal pistols that there is a large disparity of effectivness when in fact the penetration of the 9mm and up is all very similar. There is a very small increase in sorrounding tissue damage (temperal cavity) by larger and larger bullet size, but it is a very small advantage and is easily seen to be offset by the fact that most (all?) professionals can more quickly and more accurately place multiple shots on target with the 9mm than the larger siblings. Based on this, in a true gunfight, the soldier/LEO with the 9mm will typically be capeable of placing rounds in repetitive sequence more accurately and thus increasing the odds that he may be alive and the perp may be dead.

Most firefights are not such that you stand and get a good aim, they are instinctive rapid fire situations where in 2 (or more) humans are attempting to take each others life.

I am not a subject matter expert, but I have done some studying and reading from some of the guys out there that know what is real.

I don't care to search it all out out, but here is a link or 2 to something real:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887

http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

Twin01cobra
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
It means that once a guy gets mis-informed and he decides to make it gospel, all the scientific prrof and federal testing data in the world can hardly make him see the truth again.

There is a big misconception out there that from 9mm up to 50 cal pistols that there is a large disparity of effectivness when in fact the penetration of the 9mm and up is all very similar. There is a very small increase in sorrounding tissue damage (temperal cavity) by larger and larger bullet size, but it is a very small advantage and is easily seen to be offset by the fact that most (all?) professionals can more quickly and more accurately place multiple shots on target with the 9mm than the larger siblings. Based on this, in a true gunfight, the soldier/LEO with the 9mm will typically be capeable of placing rounds in repetitive sequence more accurately and thus increasing the odds that he may be alive and the perp may be dead.

Most firefights are not such that you stand and get a good aim, they are instinctive rapid fire situations where in 2 (or more) humans are attempting to take each others life.

I am not a subject matter expert, but I have done some studying and reading from some of the guys out there that know what is real.

I don't care to search it all out out, but here is a link or 2 to something real:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887

http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

You better go research the 10mm before you start with the koolaid stuff, when properly loaded as it should be balistics are just about equal to a 41 mag.

Go research doubletap ammo and georgia arms canned heat then get back to us with what you find.

10mm is also the reason the 40cal was devoloped, 10mm was to be used by FBI but since most women and smaller men could'nt handle it, the 40 was developed for this very reason.

03SnakePlissken
10-17-2009, 09:18 PM
You better go research the 10mm before you start with the koolaid stuff, when properly loaded as it should be balistics are just about equal to a 41 mag.

I have not seen a industry professional or white paper where it has been claimed that a 10mm or .40 is substantially more effective than any other common (9mm or larger) round.

I don't care what doubletap ammo and georgia arms have to say in thier sales literature, I care what the Doctors and scientists studying ballistics and effects on human tissue have to say. There are some pretty interesting studies on these thengs performed for the govt. and well documented. Call me odd, but I like to see what the folks a bit smarter than me that are doing real scientific research and not some ammo companies subjective opinion of the product that they sale.

It's cool, you own and love a 10mm Glock, others carry what they like. In the end, training and shot placement mean a whole heck of a lot more than the size of the hole in your barrel.

We all have our opinions, it doesn't make any one of us better or worse for it.

03SnakePlissken
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Had you read this entire accounting yet:(If not PM your email and I'll send you the PDF I saved.)

• The following was posted on an NTOA blog last night:

• 3 officers were involved in a shooting this week. An ambush was set up for the officers prior to their
arrival, they took fire while still in their cruisers. One officer was hit in the forearm, another received
wounds to his forehead from a ricochet, another was injured (NFI). The suspect was armed with a .45
handgun. The officers were armed with Glock 22's and SPEER 180 gr. Gold Dot Hollow Points.

• Officers fired on the subject and hit him in the left arm, completely shattering the bone. He was also hit
five times in the chest and abdomen. All rounds penetrated less than 1". All of the rounds expanded
fully but did not cause incapacitation due to the lack of penetration. According to the Medical
Examiner, none of the rounds caused any life threatening injuries. The subject also received one round
into the front of his throat, it penetrated less than 1" as well. The Medical Examiner stated that the
recovered rounds were in pristine condition (still had rifling marks on them).

• The subject was wearing a down jacket at the time of the incident. He was finally taken down after
receiving rounds from an M-4 .223, with Hornady Tap 55 gr ballistic tip rounds and Hornady Tap 72 gr.
Hollow Points.

• The officer with the M-4 was able to shoot underneath a vehicle and hit the suspect in the ankle. The
officer then flanked the subject, who continued to engage officers, and was eventually killed by the
officer with the M-4.

• The subject had a trace amount of marijuana in his system.

• Range between subject and officers: 20 feet.

• Subject had a t-shirt on under his jacket.

• Subject received approximately sixteen .223 rounds, thirteen of these rounds went completely
through. One round struck his hip and completely shattered it. Another .223 round struck his aorta and
another pierced and collapsed his lung. Both of these rounds lodged themselves inside the subject. The
Medical Examiner stated that the .223 rounds caused massive internal damage.

• This is the second shooting that the PD has experienced where they had to shoot a subject in excess of ten
times with .40 S&W ammo to incapacitate or kill. There was another incident where a subject was shot
inside of his vehicle. He was struck approximately ten times, all the while continuing to fire at
officers. He was eventually killed after suffering a shot to the back of his head. In this same incident, the
back of the subject's seat was struck multiple times, the .40 S&W rounds never penetrated through the
seat. In this incident, all shots had passed through either the windshield or rear window. Investigators
assume that this was the reason for the poor ballistic performance.

• (The) PD is now considering replacing their Glock 22's with Glock 21's.

This is the reports closing statement:

Determined individuals can sustain many
gunshot wounds in areas that produce great
pain and continue to fight a long time,
even without the aid of drugs or alcohol.

• Shot placement is everything in a gunfight
and always the key to stopping a threat
effectively.

PSPstang
10-18-2009, 01:00 AM
I get a kick out of reading all these posts...and sorry for getting off topic into Ed wanting a Glock....not quite sure how all of this deals with you wanting gun but if you do get one and ever need anything, i am a Certified Glock Armoror.

I am sure some may benefit from tips posted for the next time they are in thier next gun fight......

I will say this: Coming from someone who actually carries a firearm daily for a living, and i am also certified through the State Police to be one of my depts firearms instructors, i would love to have a larger round in my sidearm vs the crap 9mm Speer Golt Dot HP i am issued and that we have been using for the past 11 years.
Actually i'd bet my life on it.:thumbsup:

The moving trend is most LEO depts out there are switching to the larger ammo and for most depts who haven't switched like us it's all about cost at the present.

I certainly know once its time for new guns we are going to glock .45

I know of one guy on this site who could set everyone straight about ballistics testing of firearms!

Had you read this entire accounting yet:(If not PM your email and I'll send you the PDF I saved.)

This is the reports closing statement:

Viper_ed
10-18-2009, 12:02 PM
WTF is right Russ! 9mm vs. whatever, I don't give a shit. I'll put just as many rounds on target with a 9mm, 10mm, .45acp whatever. The 10mm is what I choose to carry everywhere I go and want a Glock 29 to have a more concealable frame to carry.

If you know of a "USED" one for sale let me know. I'm not interested in stores or internet sites selling new ones. I have a very good friend with a Class III FFL and a Class II manufactures liscence that I can get me a brand new one at his cost for less that $500. Used ones are only worth between $350 - $400.

scott5
10-18-2009, 12:17 PM
WTF is right Russ! 9mm vs. whatever, I don't give a shit. I'll put just as many rounds on target with a 9mm, 10mm, .45acp whatever. The 10mm is what I choose to carry everywhere I go and want a Glock 29 to have a more concealable frame to carry.

If you know of a "USED" one for sale let me know. I'm not interested in stores or internet sites selling new ones. I have a very good friend with a Class III FFL and a Class II manufactures liscence that I can get me a brand new one at his cost for less that $500. Used ones are only worth between $350 - $400.

My buddy has a bunch of guns, idk if he has one of these, but i will ask him monday and let you know cause he was talking about getting rid of some of them and i know he has ALOT of handguns. I will keep you posted:goodidea:

wick
10-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow!! I didnt know Ed was looking for reports on one. I thought he was looking for a gun.

Anyways Eddie, a guy at work who lives in Smithton might be wanting to get rid of his. I'll call ya Tuesday when I see him.

Rio94gt
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
I get a kick out of reading all these posts...and sorry for getting off topic into Ed wanting a Glock....not quite sure how all of this deals with you wanting gun but if you do get one and ever need anything, i am a Certified Glock Armoror.

I am sure some may benefit from tips posted for the next time they are in thier next gun fight......

I will say this: Coming from someone who actually carries a firearm daily for a living, and i am also certified through the State Police to be one of my depts firearms instructors, i would love to have a larger round in my sidearm vs the crap 9mm Speer Golt Dot HP i am issued and that we have been using for the past 11 years.
Actually i'd bet my life on it.:thumbsup:

The moving trend is most LEO depts out there are switching to the larger ammo and for most depts who haven't switched like us it's all about cost at the present.

I certainly know once its time for new guns we are going to glock .45

I know of one guy on this site who could set everyone straight about ballistics testing of firearms!

Not sure if you are referring to me but I am a forensic firearms expert. I deal with firearms and shootings every day. I wont comment on all of the shot placement debate but I carry a Glock 29 10mm as my concealed weapon of choice.

Ed, good luck in finding a good used one.

PSPstang
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Not sure if you are referring to me but I am a forensic firearms expert. I deal with firearms and shootings every day. I wont comment on all of the shot placement debate but I carry a Glock 29 10mm as my concealed weapon of choice.

yep you are who i meant.:thumbsup:

speedracer
10-19-2009, 06:10 AM

I have a 29 and 33, carry the 33 most of the time due to it's a little smaller and the 33 has a 3.5 lb trigger and lazer grip.

mr4teth
10-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I have a 29 and 33, carry the 33 most of the time due to it's a little smaller and the 33 has a 3.5 lb trigger and lazer grip.

I carry a 27 but now that I've seen the light, I want a 29! :hyper:

speedracer
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I carry a 27 but now that I've seen the light, I want a 33! :hyper:

Just buy the .357 sig barrel...

mr4teth
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Just buy the .357 sig barrel...

opps ... I meant 29!

MBH
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.shootingusa.com/sw12L.jpg

http://www.funis2cool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pfeifer-zeliska-600-nitro-express-revolver-01.jpg

go for a hand cannon LOL

s w 500 is top pic, Pfeifer Zeliska is bottom.

SAC81
10-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Shit is weak! This is what I carry for self defense:
http://www.hdps.org/htm/KRINKOV-HDPS-g.jpg

;)

Rio94gt
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
The S&W 500 is no joke man. I shot one when I was at smith and wesson doing training with the FBI. It has considerale recoil. I'd recommend holding that thing pretty tight.

Shadowstealth
10-27-2009, 12:12 AM
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144207300#PIC

Shadowstealth
10-27-2009, 12:13 AM
if u need an ffl deALER LET ME KNOW... but any gundealer should be able to get it for u:thumbsup:

Shadowstealth
10-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I have an ak.... and truthfully... its a great gun but there are other guns I would love to trade it for... :how bout an 6.8 spc on an AR -15... ! Maybe this winter ill buy a new top reciever :)

Viper_ed
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM
if u need an ffl deALER LET ME KNOW... but any gundealer should be able to get it for u:thumbsup:

Thanks, but I have a copy of my buddy's FFL. If I find something out of state I just have to mail a copy of it and any gun will ship right to his door.

BTW, he is also a Class III dealer in case you or anyone else is in the market for a Full-Auto, Short Barrel Rifle or Silencer.