PDA

View Full Version : methanol injection?

cc4x4rider
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Just wondered if anyone is running this. I'm thinking about putting it on my stang with 5.0 and non intercooled vortech supercharger with 8 psi. I was looking at the snow performance kit for $400. Any other kits out there, how is it working for your setup, tuning tips? thanks

gmkillr
02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Im running the Mr. Freeze kit, but no #'s on it yet, i'll post the results up once I get her on the dyno.

mikeymustang
02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Just wondered if anyone is running this. I'm thinking about putting it on my stang with 5.0 and non intercooled vortech supercharger with 8 psi. I was looking at the snow performance kit for $400. Any other kits out there, how is it working for your setup, tuning tips? thanks

I run a Snow kit for adding octane for added "buffer" to protect my motor on pump gas
basically how you make power with methanol is it is a detonation deterent making it possible to run more timing..timing is power....the claims are methanol is 110 octane plus it cools the IAT temps, so you tune it by turning up the timing or boost just befor detonating..thats the trick!

Mike

gmkillr
02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I run a Snow kit for adding octane for added "buffer" to protect my motor on pump gas
basically how you make power with methanol is it is a detonation deterent making it possible to run more timming..timming is power....the claims are methanol is 110 octane plus it cools the IAT temps, so you tune it by turning up the timming or boost just befor detonating..thats the trick!

Mike

I'll make sure I turn my "timming" up to get full advantage of the methanol kit!! Just busting your balls!:biglaugh: :laughing:

But I will run more timing..cause timing is power!!!

mikeymustang
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Never claimed I could spell...But I DO know how to make HORSEPOWER!

Mike

gmkillr
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Never claimed I could spell...But I DO know how to make HORSEPOWER!

Mike

:biglaugh:

thelast50ho
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Is this s spelling B in here or somethin:biglaugh:

383taman
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
You have Dans old motor Mikey?

mikeymustang
02-20-2007, 01:14 AM
You have Dans old motor Mikey?

Dan who?...no I built this motor from the ground up

Mike

95DropTop
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I know that this thread is older but has anyone tried the meth injection kit on a naturally aspirated car?

If it works, do we throw the whole kit away if a supercharger is added later or can you "convert" it and salvage the basics?

Any suggestions on the brand of kit?

I see Snow Meth and Alcohol Injection Systems available.
Trunk or under hood mount?

Thanks.

SonofaBish
01-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm running it now on my T/A, and i dont see any reason you'd throw anything away once you go supercharger.... however, the meth kit is controlled by a vaccum signal, so as boost rises, it injects more meth.... I'm not real sure how you'd work this on a N/A car, other than as vaccum decreases, then add more meth... but i'm not sure if it'll work this way... i'm not that familiar with it

maybe there are other types of kits?

phillysrt4
01-22-2008, 08:23 AM
I think there are other kinds of kits. Although I dont think it would be hard to wire into the TPS signal so that when you are at WOT the pump sprays.

I think thats how Devil's Own water injection system works, but its been a while since i've looked into it. What I can tell you is that people use water injection and hold HOM on srt4's all day long (High Octane Mode (HOM) is a timing advance for when you're running 100 octane or higher fuel. Its enough timing advance to give you about 50 extra horse if you're running the stage 3 or bigger turbo)

mlowry1260
01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I know that this thread is older but has anyone tried the meth injection kit on a naturally aspirated car?

If it works, do we throw the whole kit away if a supercharger is added later or can you "convert" it and salvage the basics?

Any suggestions on the brand of kit?

I see Snow Meth and Alcohol Injection Systems available.
Trunk or under hood mount?

Thanks.

This is clipped from Snow's website on N/A methonal injection

2. Can the Boost Cooler be applied to naturally aspirated and nitrous engines?

1.Naturally aspirated/high compression engines:

In this application, water/methanol injection allows the use of pump fuel in all but the most extreme situations which effects tremendous cost savings as well as horsepower increases due to air density increase and realized timing potential. The system is activated by a boost referenced switch so that injection takes place only during high engine loads when needed.

2. Engines using nitrous: With nitrous, water/methanol injection allows the use of full timing even with large (250HP+) quantities. Injection is controlled by the same means that controls nitrous injection.

3. Naturally aspirated/stock compression: With naturally aspirated engines with less than 10:1 compression, water/methanol is used typically in warm climates to get the intake temps back to 60f. Benefits include: 10-15 HP increases from air density increases and full timing, Increased gas mileage, and carbon free combustion chambers. Activation is by a throttle switch adjusted for onset engine load. With this application, the nozzle is sized so that no more than 10% of total fuel consumption at peak flywheel HP is injected.

http://www.snowperformance.net/faqs_type.php?type=gasoline