PDA

View Full Version : NEWB posts

5k#Eaton
02-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Why is it that I am starting to see people sign up just for classifieds or to throw their 2 cents in? Could we not make it like pittspeed with the 5 post rule to at least meet these people.....

Pure Stock
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Why is it that I am starting to see people sign up just for classifieds or to throw their 2 cents in? Could we not make it like pittspeed with the 5 post rule to at least meet these people.....

:iagree:

INSANELY CRAZY
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
:iagree:

:thumbsup:

lib88stang
02-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I also agree, but i also think all the TTT and bumps are getting rediculous, should be a limit on that also.

wick
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
I agree. The triple T's are outta hand. We should have a minimum post count for classifieds. I am a super on gsxr.com and we found that with having 50 minimum, it got rid of a bunch of people that just wanted to sell.

One Sweet Day
02-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Question. May sound stupid, what do the triple ts mean? I don't understand all the post 'lingo' :rolleyes:

gmkillr
02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Question. May sound stupid, what do the triple ts mean? I don't understand all the post 'lingo' :rolleyes:

ttt
to the top

One Sweet Day
02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
ttt
to the top

Oh.....got it, and does bump pretty much mean the same? sorry guys!

wick

Thans allright. gmkiller got it for you. I was actually the same way until recently. HAHAHAAHAH

wick
What about FTW? Whats that mean?

Pure Stock
02-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh.....got it, and does bump pretty much mean the same? sorry guys!

yep.

Killercanary
02-21-2007, 11:23 PM
FTW means "for the win"

I feel like I'm on a different board than you guys as I haven't taken much notice to the things you all are saying. :dunno:

Steve-0
02-22-2007, 12:33 AM
FTW means "for the win"

I feel like I'm on a different board than you guys as I haven't taken much notice to the things you all are saying. :dunno:

I've noticed it as well, but I think alot of it has to do with the way you use the forum. If you dont use the "new post" feature at the top, you would have no idea the amount of new threads are made and such at such a fast rate. Its kind of annoying but not to the point of it being a problem yet.

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Could we not make it like pittspeed with the 5 post rule to at least meet these people.....

I know that it is a 50 post minimum on turbomustangs.com before you can post or even reply to anything in the classifieds. You can still view them at least, but all communication has to be done via PM's.

How Much?
02-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Not Here For Selling! Buying And Good Talk. I Have Been Around The Area Alot And Alot Of People Know Me. I Just Now Have A Computer To Aid In Meeting More Ford Nuts!

Killercanary
02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Welcome How Much! Where are you from.

SteveO- I only use is the new post feature as I never go into the forums. There is never more than 8-12 new post in there unless I let it go for a day or two and don't check it. :dunno:

Steve-0
02-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome How Much! Where are you from.

SteveO- I only use is the new post feature as I never go into the forums. There is never more than 8-12 new post in there unless I let it go for a day or two and don't check it. :dunno:

Yea same here, if I dont check it for a day or so, theres like 20. Its just slightly exagerated I guess. Its good to see new members joining every day, a large community is usually a good time.

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
They're still WAY better than the "What will Jared do this hour?" threads! :laughing1:

J-rod
02-22-2007, 10:10 AM
They're still WAY better than the "What will Jared do this hour?" threads! :laughing1:

:upyours: :asshole2:

just cant let it go for even on day huh?

:awsome:
j/k man.

One Sweet Day
02-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Not Here For Selling! Buying And Good Talk. I Have Been Around The Area Alot And Alot Of People Know Me. I Just Now Have A Computer To Aid In Meeting More Ford Nuts!

you should go to the new users section and introduce yourself. I think it at least lets us know who you are and what not. if your from another site and don't use how much as your name maybe list that so others recognize you.:thumbsup:

coralcoupe1993
02-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Name? Welcome

fast4ord
02-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Welcome Bill :goodidea:

Sonic03snake
02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I really haven't noticed much as far as people signing up to list stuff, one guy did and I deleted everything. As far as introducing yourself, that is up to the member and if we were comparing us to pittspeed this thread is the norm over there. Call off the dogs and relax, im sure we will get to know Bill .:awsome:

One Sweet Day
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I As far as introducing yourself, that is up to the member ...:awsome:

:hide:

Sonic03snake
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
:hide:
LOL, what are you hiding for?

One Sweet Day
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
LOL, what are you hiding for?
HAHAHA! suggested introduction!:innocent: but really wasn't picking on him! there were like five new people on last night just replying to posts it seemed! :cutie:

White5.0
02-22-2007, 04:52 PM
yeah, newbs are outta control these days:no:

went9s
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
as long as its cheap:awsome:

Stangman701
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I think a lot of the people don't even realize there is a place to introduce themselves. Especially if this is one of the first forums they've been on. Most people do eventually introduce themselves once they realize there is a place to do so and if they're gonna hang around a while. I don't see a problem with them signing up to sell/buy stuff, it could benefit everyone to have access to more deals on local parts. On a more nationwide board it would be more of an issue, but I would imagine most of the deals that go down on this board are taken care of face to face instead of shipping the parts so there's no real issue of credibility if you can see the part before you exchange the cash.

Viper_ed
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I think a lot of the people don't even realize there is a place to introduce themselves.

I know I never did, so he it goes:

Hi, I'm Ed and I own a few Mustangs. For those that don't know me, I'm pretty much an :asshole2:. I know it and don't care, so if you do then :upyours:

:biglaugh: :psyche:

Oh, I do know a few things about Mustangs though! :shhh: :lookitup:

One Sweet Day
02-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I know I never did, so he it goes:

Hi, I'm Ed and I own a few Mustangs. For those that don't know me, I'm pretty much an :asshole2:. I know it and don't care, so if you do then :upyours:

:biglaugh: :psyche:

Oh, I do know a few things about Mustangs though! :shhh: :lookitup::kuku: