PDA

View Full Version : Jareds 'stang

wick
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
So most of you know by now that his ride is at my house. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his lovely wife. Good people. Anyways, here is his tube. Took about 5 minutes to get out. Did the door handles too. Just need to get the stud he broke out of the header.

wick
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
For the people that dont know, its his dipstick tube.

Rio94gt
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
How was this accomplished?

wick
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM
By using my head. HAHA No, really, I just used a 5/16-18 tap to get it out.

fast4ord
02-21-2007, 10:20 PM
You da man :awsome:

INSANELY CRAZY
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
finally... good work..

lib88stang
02-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Good job Wick you saved the man a BUNCH of money.

Killercanary
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
WTG Wick, its nice to see stangers helping other stangers out!

wick
02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys!! I feel bad that he kept getting the run a round from these second rate shops. If they would have only spent 20 minutes thinking about the job rather than thinking about how they were going to screw a poor kid, the job might have been done. It just sucks that he lives so far away. The fortunate thing is that I am right off I-79 and so is he.

wick
02-21-2007, 10:53 PM

Yeah, Tell me about it.:goodidea: Feels good to help somebody out. Karma man. It comes around in the long run.

coralcoupe1993
02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys!! I feel bad that he kept getting the run a round from these second rate shops. If they would have only spent 20 minutes thinking about the job rather than thinking about how they were going to screw a poor kid, the job might have been done. It just sucks that he lives so far away. The fortunate thing is that I am right off I-79 and so is he.

Should have called me over too, that would have been fun!

One Sweet Day
02-21-2007, 11:04 PM
This is why mustang owners stand out! I think we have a great group of guys on here! Great job wick! It does feel good helping someone else out....especially when they appreciate it! And I'm sure Jared really does!:awsome:

wick
02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Should have called me over too, that would have been fun!

HAHA Sorry man. Maybe tomorrow. I gotta put the header back on and drive it. Make sure things are good. You would not happen to have an extra header gasket laying around would you?

George C
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
is he still getting the stall?

J-rod
02-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey it was great meeting you too. not a bad drive at all, 1.5 hours. i cant believe we were eating dinner and you called to say it was out. truely awesome. thanks for recommending Tollata's its a great place....:)

thanks so much for everything...i really didnt expect you to even begin it tonight, and here your 99% done. absolutely awesome. im baffled at to what to even say here....its just awesome that you would even offer to help me, let alone get it done so fast.

the wings are definately on me saturday!!!

quick - yea ill call ya.

J-rod
02-21-2007, 11:58 PM
oh yea...your GT looks amazing!!!!

hopefully someday my car looks as good.

Steve-0
02-22-2007, 12:30 AM
We might have an extra header gasket, but it wont do you any good unless someone comes and gets it. Good to see someone help a fellow member out when he was at wits end with his situation.:awsome: Makes me proud to be a member.

sutyak
02-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Good news Jared. :)
Awesome group!

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 08:40 AM
:bowing: Thank God for Wick!!!

I think I even owe you a beer so that I don't have to hear Jared cry about it being too cold to try and get it out. :sticktonge:

Don't worry Jared, we still love ya! :biggringift:

87notch
02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Thats awesome man:thmbsup:

J-rod
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
:bowing: Thank God for Wick!!!

:woot1:

i hear ya ed....just give the ball busting a break for a couple days.

maybe you should meet us for wings?

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 10:16 AM
maybe you should meet us for wings?

When and where?

J-rod
02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
When and where?

saturday and wherever wick wants to go. im picking the car up saturday.

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
May be a possibility if it's later in the evening. Let me know.

J-rod
02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
May be a possibility if it's later in the evening. Let me know.

it wont be early sat morning...cause friday night is our first night out in 8 months and im gonna :Beer: hard, so it be sometime in the afternoon or whenever wick wants me there. its his garage and time so ill let him make the call.

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Well if it's before 7:30 count me out. I'll be busy Saturday getting a cars moved around to get luxurysportscar's 87 GT into the garage and would like to start some of the dissassembly and sanding on the car.

J-rod
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Well if it's before 7:30 count me out. I'll be busy Saturday getting a cars moved around to get luxurysportscar's 87 GT into the garage and would like to start some of the dissassembly and sanding started on the car.

cool. i understand. maybe catch ya some other time. ive been going to uniontown and washinton alot lately...

wick
02-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Just got home from work Jarad. I'll have it done here shortly. Got the gasket and a stud for the header. Talk to ya later.

coralcoupe1993
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
HAHA Sorry man. Maybe tomorrow. I gotta put the header back on and drive it. Make sure things are good. You would not happen to have an extra header gasket laying around would you?

Nope (well not for a small block :) )

wick
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Sorry jarad, I forgot to tell you. Your car is done. Got it done around 7:00 this evening. My wife came home early so we went out for dinner. I put the clutch fan on for you also. Changed the oil, new header gasket, got the old stud out of the header and put a new one in, door handles and greased the front end. Anything else you need done to it? I had to file some of the dipstick tube down to get it in. It was .018 bigger than the other one and the other one fit real tight. Thats what took most of the time.

Viper_ed
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Anything else you need done to it?

He was complaining that these was too much tread on the back tires. :3gears:

Be sure to fix that too for him! :goodidea:

383taman
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Good one Ed.Thats is a easy fix right? :rotflol:

J-rod
02-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Sorry jarad, I forgot to tell you. Your car is done. Got it done around 7:00 this evening. My wife came home early so we went out for dinner. I put the clutch fan on for you also. Changed the oil, new header gasket, got the old stud out of the header and put a new one in, door handles and greased the front end. Anything else you need done to it? I had to file some of the dipstick tube down to get it in. It was .018 bigger than the other one and the other one fit real tight. Thats what took most of the time.

:bowing: :bowdown: :kneel:

WOW - what can i even say here. i owe ya big...if there is ever anything i got you want its yours...if i can ever return the favor for anything...just call.

let me know how much $ for parts and etc. i owe ya. and ill def get your wings and beer.

be ok to come get it saturday? cause we really wanna go see that concert tomorrow night, but i dont want to be any more of an inconvienence and take your space anymore. just let me know when is good to come saturday. maybe have a small scs meet so i can meet some members too. :awsome:

wick - i owe ya man...im in shock still :pepper:

wick
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Dont worry Jarad. You and your wife enjoy yourselfs tonight. Tomorrow is fine. Afternoon is even better. I am probally going riding for a bit tomorrow. Lets shoot for the late afternoon.

wick
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
He was complaining that these was too much tread on the back tires. :3gears:

Be sure to fix that too for him! :goodidea:

HAHA They are already bald!!!!!!!!!

J-rod
02-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Dont worry Jarad. You and your wife enjoy yourselfs tonight. Tomorrow is fine. Afternoon is even better. I am probally going riding for a bit tomorrow. Lets shoot for the late afternoon.

you da man :highfive:

gimmie a call tomorrow when you get back and we will go fromthere. :goodidea: