PDA

View Full Version : QCR's dead

Balaska347
02-28-2007, 12:06 PM
I was on QCR's website and all they have on it is a statement saying that QCR will no longer be used as a dragstrip. It sounds like they are done for good.

383taman
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Yea the auction was last weekend. I didnt hear the results as of yet will keep u updated.

map351
02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.quakercityraceway.com/images/title.jpg

The End of an Era

It is with great regret that we announce the closing of Quaker City Raceway as a drag racing facility. We would like to thank all the racers that have traveled to QCR over the years. You the racers are what made the race programs what they were, we could not have done it without you. It is a shame we did not reach our 50th anniversary which was due this year and it is disappointing a piece of history is disappearing.

While we tried hard to keep QCR a place to drag race, we could not accept anything less than market value for the facility. There were no bids for the facility as a whole, so we will be forced to diversify and use the facility for another purpose.

To all our loyal racers who raced hard in 2006, all prizes and awards for last season will be mailed out during the week of March 5th. Congratulations for all your success, good luck in your future racing endeavors.

burntire
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
What was the deal with the demise?
Couldn't make money?

gmkillr
02-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Now this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Im pissed!!!!!
This is my favorite local track.

03 OW SVT
02-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Bummer:thumbsdown: :bawling:

Stangman701
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Great, now PRP will be even more packed :censored:

Steve-0
02-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Exactly what they need.:rolleyes:

Viper_ed
02-28-2007, 04:02 PM

And I'm sure the greedy f$cks will raise thier prices too! :flip:

u1arunit
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Poor management killed QCR IMO.

PRP sucks and will continue to do so.

INSANELY CRAZY
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
ohwell guess we are stuck with prp..... NOT!!!! sucky place.. lol

KeystoneJohnny
05-01-2007, 07:41 AM
That sucks. I used to live in Medina, OH and that's where I got my first chance to drag race. It used to be called Dragway 42. Me and my Ohio buddies use to go out their every test and tune night and even though we didn't have the fastest rides and our cars were no real contest for the "other" guys we had fun it was something to do and the feeling of "racing" is the same no matter if it's a 10 sec. car or a 14 sec. car. Just adds to the level of fun. I had alot of great memories out there. Damn I was just thinking about that place a week ago to and just saw this thread. It kept down on a lot of street racing in that area. What a bunch of D. bags. :thumbsdown:

map351
05-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Over the last few days QCR has been approached by a group of racers looking to purchase Quaker City Raceway. This is great news for the racers in the area but there is still a ways to go before racing can resume at QCR. The group has serious investment behind them but more investment is required. Would you like to own a piece of Quaker City Raceway? On May 8th @ 7:30 pm a meeting will be held at the dragstrip for SERIOUS INVESTORS ONLY so come along and help preserve a racing heritage. Pending the outcome of the meeting, the track may be open soon.

Interested Investors May Contact Mark Mazzant from 9--5 @ 1-724-752-8687.

03 OW SVT
05-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Over the last few days QCR has been approached by a group of racers looking to purchase Quaker City Raceway. This is great news for the racers in the area but there is still a ways to go before racing can resume at QCR. The group has serious investment behind them but more investment is required. Would you like to own a piece of Quaker City Raceway? On May 8th @ 7:30 pm a meeting will be held at the dragstrip for SERIOUS INVESTORS ONLY so come along and help preserve a racing heritage. Pending the outcome of the meeting, the track may be open soon.

Interested Investors May Contact Mark Mazzant from 9--5 @ 1-724-752-8687.

I heard from 2 different people a trucking company that is right out the road from QCR bought it and was going to reopen it soon.

J-rod
05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
sounds promising

KeystoneJohnny
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
That's good to hear.

One Sweet Day
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM

The End of an Era

It is with great regret that we announce the closing of Quaker City Raceway as a drag racing facility. We would like to thank all the racers that have traveled to QCR over the years. You the racers are what made the race programs what they were, we could not have done it without you. It is a shame we did not reach our 50th anniversary which was due this year and it is disappointing a piece of history is disappearing.

While we tried hard to keep QCR a place to drag race, we could not accept anything less than market value for the facility. There were no bids for the facility as a whole, so we will be forced to diversify and use the facility for another purpose.

To all our loyal racers who raced hard in 2006, all prizes and awards for last season will be mailed out during the week of March 5th. Congratulations for all your success, good luck in your future racing endeavors.
then why would they state this?

Ares
05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Thats been on the QCR website for some time now.

CobraII
05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
The message about using the facility for "other purposes" was old. Check out the site now; it's updated with the message about looking for investors:
http://www.quakercityraceway.com/

Hot News From QCR

Interested Investors May Contact Mark Mazzant from 9--5 @ 1-724-752-8687
Steel Valley Super Nationals
The Steel Valley Super Nationals are proud to announce STADIUM GM in Salem, OH as the official sponsor for the 2007 Steel Valley Super Nationals at Quaker City Raceway, June 22-24, 2007.

This years event will be bigger and better than ever, with our extended hours to midnight on Friday and
Saturday, and huge after party each night in downtown Salem, OH. The track will be prepped and ready, so come out and celebrate Quaker City Raceway's 50th. Anniversary by taking a run down the track at the Steel Valley Super Nationals.

The entry fee is still only $30 for the weekend for driver and passenger, and that get's you unlimited
runs down the track all three days for our Test and Tune racing. Spectator admission is only $10 per
person and kids under 12 are free.

Attached is a sign-up sheet for participants and vendors plus a map to the track. For more information, call 330-533-3150 or log on to steelvalleysupernationals.com (http://steelvalleysupernationals.com/).

See you at the best show around, the Steel Valley Nationals.
Click here for the sign-up sheet (http://www.quakercityraceway.com/svsn_signup.pdf)
Keep checking the QCR website, there may be announcements about other events to come this year. As they say, Watch This Space!

file:///G|/quaker/images/buttons/grey_line_horiz.gif
© 2002 Quaker City Raceway - 10359 W. South Range Road, Salem, Ohio
Ph. 330-332-5335 e-mail: quakercity@sbcglobal.net (quakercity@sbcglobal.net)