PDA

View Full Version : Eastwood Fender Lip Roller *RENTAL INFO*

Pure Stock
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Eastwood Fender Roller

Increase tire/fender clearance, flare fenders and/or repair wheel arch collision damage with this pro grade forming tool. Bolts directly to hub flange. Elongated holes in adapter plate fit all popular 4 and 5 bolt hubs, and are held in place with the included dished washers and vehicles lug nuts. Forming arm adjusts from 14" to 22 3/4" Delrin ® ball bearing forming roller is tough enough to form the fender without damaging the paint.To prevent paint from cracking when forming wheel arches gently heat the paint before forming. We recomend the Heat Pro Deluxe Variable Temperature Heat Gun Kit (43522). Limited one year warranty. Imported.
Non-returnable. If defective we will replace the tool.

•Increases tire to fender clearance.
•Adjustable forming roll gradually rolls inner lip flat.
•Non-Marring Delrin®forming roll preserves original finish.
•Adjustable arm length fits a wide range of automotive and light truck applications.
•Durable heavy steel powder coated construction.

*Terms and Conditions:
>Certified cashiers check OR Money orders are the accepted methods of payment.

> $269.99 + $50.00 for the rental fee + shipping is required for tool rental (This will be sent to me. Upon arrival I will then send out tool) There will be two shipping charges (tool shipped to and tool shipped back to owner) charged to the person who rents.

> When rental period ends and the tool is shipped back to owner $50.00 will be deducted from the $319.99. This is the charge for the rental. The $269.99 is charged to cover tool breakage, loss, and damage. The remaining balance of $269.99 will be returned to renter.

> A ten (10) day rental period is granted. For each week kept past the initial 10 day rental period an additional charge of 10% (10% of the $269.99 will be assessed.)

> The optional heat gun recommendation is *NOT* provided with tool rental.

> Damages that occur from misuse, negligence, and or failure to understand procedures are in no way the responsibility of steelcitystangs.com and/or the person who owns (Pure Stock) the Eastwood Lip Roller.

> Link to Eastwood
http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/fender-roller/ew-fender-roller-w-instruction.html

INSANELY CRAZY
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
:dunno:

Silverhatch
03-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I would say, yes it is. Joe is just trying to recoupe some of the money for purchase of the tool. I've personally never seen these for rent anywhere, although I haven't looked that hard either. Joe is a stand up guy, I don't blame him for charging. It is an exspensive tool, I've had friends (none assoc here) use my stuff, break it, then say "sorry". He's just covering his ass.

mikeymustang
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Ill be renting it soon..ill let you know

Mike

J-rod
03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
so it will cost us $50 + shipping both ways to use the tool?

Sonic03snake
03-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Ok, I put this up as a sticky and deleted the retarded shit. One of my few rules on this board is to have respect for others. If you don't have something constructive or nice to say, don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was an excellent idea Joe. A 50.00 rental charge is a hell of a lot better than paying 200.00 + for a tool you will probably only use once or twice every few years.:thmbsup:

PaxtonShelby
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Pure Stock / Joe,

Do you know anyone who has used this tool on early Mustang quarter panel lips? I have a '66 and would love to get more clearance in the rear wheelwells, but that lip seems really strong where the quarter and outer wheelhouse are welded together.

Where exactly are you located? I'm less than 5 miles from the Greater Pgh Airport, and could possibly pick up the tool rather than ship it if you're in my neck of the woods.

Also - can you tell me more about exactly how you heat the paint with the heat gun before using the tool? How warm to you want it to be? Do you recommend using anything to protect the paint such as tape or a fresh wax of the fender lip?

Thanks

Ron

Pure Stock
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi Pure Stock / Joe,

Do you know anyone who has used this tool on early Mustang quarter panel lips? I have a '66 and would love to get more clearance in the rear wheelwells, but that lip seems really strong where the quarter and outer wheelhouse are welded together.

Where exactly are you located? I'm less than 5 miles from the Greater Pgh Airport, and could possibly pick up the tool rather than ship it if you're in my neck of the woods.

Also - can you tell me more about exactly how you heat the paint with the heat gun before using the tool? How warm to you want it to be? Do you recommend using anything to protect the paint such as tape or a fresh wax of the fender lip?

Thanks

Ron

Ron,

The tool is not made specifically for late model Mustangs, in fact it's a general tool that can be used on a wide variety of applications. I cannot see you having any problems rolling the lips with the tool.

The location of the tool is zip code 15062(Monessen). It takes me close to an hour, one way from where I reside to the airport.

The heat gun (not supplied) decreases te chance of cracking the paint. I used the roller/heat gun with great results. Sonic03Snake has also used the tool and had good results. Taking your time(cranking down the roller in small increments) and heating the surface evenly (pretty much hot to the touch) will make the process that much easier.

If you have any more questions/concerns shoot me a private message and I'll do my best to answer you.:goodidea:

-Joe

coralcoupe1993
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
It will work on most fender lips. Any year Mustang will be fine. :thmbsup:

PaxtonShelby
05-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I realize that the lip roller is a universal tool, but I'm just concerned that the lip on my quarter panels will be too thick / hard to roll. It's much stronger than on the late model cars, as the earlier cars have the quarter lip and the lip of my outer wheelhouse welded together.

Joe - I'll PM you with more questions when I'm closer to being ready to do this. Right now I'm working on locating a replacement clutch cable so my car will actually be drivable. :)

94Cobra
05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Most of the Eastwood products seem to be designed for the older-style cars. You could call Eastwood and ask if the roller would work on your Mustang, but I would think that roller is probably over built to do its job.

wick
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I know its an old thread but, I have used one of these on mine. It was a snap. Very easy and trouble free. Anybody can do it with patients.

firsttime5.0
07-19-2009, 09:37 AM
go old school and use a wooden baseball bat it is cheaper and can give the same effect

50Dro
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
I know this is an old thread, but is this guy still renting this? Are there any others locally doing the same that you guys have any experience with? I found these guys via a Google search:

http://www.esetuning.com/Fender-Roller-Rental-s/223.htm

They must be somewhere in the Pittsburgh area as they have a 412 number. I'll have to give them a call...

yeahloh95
07-01-2010, 07:02 AM
i think he is send him a pm

Killercanary
07-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I used the one from this thread on my cobra and the results were great! Thanks again Joe and Chris!

50Dro
09-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Anyone know of one of these tools for rent/borrow within an hour of Cranberry Twp?

AdamantiumSilvr
09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
I had just paid a 100 bucks to have this done not to long ago. Now I probably have upwards to a 1000 bucks worth of damage to my quarters! They got wavy/warbly on the outside of'em. Its hard to notice unless u look really hard. The paint cracked off to the edge the whole way around the lips. I had to wet sand them and then us a roller to paint them back up. Totally suct! I recommend lettin the tires roll'em. Good luck!

50Dro
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Well...I'd have to ask...Who did the work (not that I want to single out the shop) and did they know what they were doing? I know a lot of people use the Eastwood roller system with great results (if done correctly). It's hard to imagine that it's the tool itself in your case...I think patience and proper heat is the key when using this tool (from what I've heard)

juice_man_86
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I did mine myself with an Eastwood Fender lip roller that me and my brother purchased. It took some time, but it worked purfectly...no waves/warbles. Now I just need to get a mini tub kit and get to work to finish the tire fitment process, lol.

50Dro
09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I called the company (ESE Tuning) that I posted the link to earlier. They are out of Rt. 8 Butler area and are willing to drop off in Cranberry!:pinkthumb: Looks like I'll be dealing with them soon!!