PDA

View Full Version : Data acquisition experience

Pure Stock
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Looking to retrieve some data comparing engine rpm vs. driveshaft rpm vs. wheel speed. Acceleration curves, g-force on launch, etc. What is the "standard" for samples per second? Who makes this type of equipment? Are there additional channels available for shock travel, intake and cylinder temp?

Martin0660
03-03-2007, 01:10 PM
The Innovate Aux Box will get you lot of what you are looking for, but will likely need more sensors to get you some of it.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php

Download their instruction manual on this, and their datalogging software, and do some reading. They really give a good description on sample rates, how they rate it, and why they believe others are BS'ing.

Tha Auxbox has the acceleromters on board for the G info you want, can log the RPM, have a map input (load calculations), and there is clearly a way to capture VSS info for DS speed. It would take IAT right in, but you would need sensors for shock info. There is aslo a TC input in that. The neat thing about the Innovate stuff is the ready made logchain set-up. You can then add devices as you grow. I am using the SSI-4 alone to log RPM, AF, MAP, and MAF voltages. There is also a TC module (TC-4), that would let you add more temperature measurements.

These obviously also tie into their widebands (I'm NOT using theirs), so you can have a real data log system. Real neat thing is, you just jump device to device with serial communications, and you still use the same logworks software. I would really recomend you download their manuals and software even if you dont use their stuff. I learned A LOT from just reding their stuff, its written real simple. The more I've learned, the more I learned I dont know about this stuff.

Bob Myers

yeahloh95
03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
another company is stack or stack on they make instruments and gauges , where i used to work we used a small computer to log load censor inputs with strain gauges , it would record up to 30 min worth of data. i'll try and find out the brand name.