PDA

View Full Version : Tubing and wires..oh my!!

Ares
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I have found the engine in my '84. A/C system is out(eventually I will yank out the heating system from under the dash), smog is out, all the vacum lines are out. Let me say that was alot of tubing. Someone at Ford should have been beat for that mess. I have sorted out most of the wires coming from the computer. I just need to figure what needs to stay for ignition/starting and the rest is gone. Against my nature I didnt cut anything I was removing but carefully unhooked all that was coming off. Course most of the wiring harness I am removing is really showing it's age. Wire insulation is splitting bad(not a big deal since it's mostly on wiring thats not staying), connectors are fragile and were breaking easy. I'm going to have to replace all the connectors for anything thats staying is I want them to work properly and be water tight.

It's amazes me to see how much cleaner/neater the engine bay is with so much unneeded crap is removed. Sunday I should finally have the engine out and torn apart so I can get block off the machine shop. Heads should make for nice boat anchors:rofl: