PDA

View Full Version : GT500 Headers - 1" 3/4 Vs. 1" 7/8

EricS197
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm asking this question after purchase of course...

I bought a set of American Racing Headers (When I found out they used American-made 304 Stainless, I was sold) in 1" 3/4 form...

How much HP are you talking about making before the 1" 7/8ths would have been the better choice?

I'm going to run an off-road mid pipe anyway, so I'm not too worried about making up where the hi-flow cats bottle...:rotflol:

Ohio: What emissions inspection? :pinkthumb:

mr4teth
04-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm asking this question after purchase of course...

I bought a set of American Racing Headers (When I found out they used American-made 304 Stainless, I was sold) in 1" 3/4 form...

How much HP are you talking about making before the 1" 7/8ths would have been the better choice?

I'm going to run an off-road mid pipe anyway, so I'm not too worried about making up where the hi-flow cats bottle...:rotflol:

Ohio: What emissions inspection? :pinkthumb:

If you're looking for HP gains spend the $2k on bolt-ons! Headers don't help much with our cars.

Mike (Wolfpack) did put a set of 1 7/8 AMR's on my car this winter to reduce the amount of boost, I did gain about 30-35+/- RWHP but I contribute most of that to a more aggressive tune and better fuel delivery (BAP)

I'm not sure about 1 3/4 headers but I will tell you 1 7/8's with a high flow X and FRPP 5GT's was obnoxiously LOUD!!! I ended up putting HUGE touring mufflers on which sound amazing. There's a slight growl under 3,000 but anything over sounds like NASCAR!

Wolfpack Speed
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
1 3/4" headers are plenty IMO...

XtremeS10
04-24-2010, 09:51 AM
You wont need the 1 7/8" unless your going huge boost or massive hp, the only thing that the headers will really do for you is give you a better sound, though you can get that with the o/r x like what I have and will be getting rid of at some point!!