PDA

View Full Version : 05 and up MAF sensor

Martin0660
03-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm looking for a 05 and up Mustang MAF Cartridge and wiring connector with maybe 6" of wire. It looks like these have a wide range of application from escapes, explorers, and even some others and a few years earlier than 05. This is the cartidge type sensor that goes in the airbox.

This is for an experiment, so I'm looking for "resonable" in price, and could use several. If anyone has access to late model wrecks to harvest these from, or a cross reference on these I would appreciate some info on other applications too.

Bob Myers

yeahloh95
03-04-2007, 10:56 PM
i have a friend with a salvage yard, i'll do what ever i can to help with the mass air conv.

Martin0660
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Troy,

If you can find out what all years / models intechange with the 05 Mustang sensor, that might open the list of donors a little. If your buddy has a yard, he might be able to look it up on Holeneiders (sp?) for us. Also, if you can ask what he gets for them with the connector and about 6" of wire. I need to round one up to test with for now.

As you geussed, this is for a MAF conversion. The other method we were chasing WILL work, the problem is the amount of datalogging and tuning needed to get it going perfect. We are thinking this sensor might make this a little easier for the blow thru, but we need to get a couple installed and start datalogging them with different combo's. The hope here is that we can start with a basic tune, then tweek for the combo.

Keep in mind, I can make the mass air work right now, its just tuning intensive to make it right, and I would hate to go through all of that to make copies for all of us, let alone i dont want to go through it for myself ;)

Bob Myers