PDA

View Full Version : He looks like he's speeding...

Silverhatch
06-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Cops in Ohio can ticket by "estimating"

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2010/06/police_officers_visual_estimat.html

Unreal, I heard Obama pushed for this. :rolleyes:

John4cam
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
C'mon, we all know how honest cops are......Wait, let me think about this.

Martin0660
06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
For some time, my wife had a blue Dodge Stealth as her driver. Back right after the Cabela's opened in WV, we decided to take a ride over and check it out. Saturday morning, wifey was driving, and she was in a pack of like 5 cars going along on Route 70. We get down into Washington PA where the speed limit drops, and she gets pulled over almost right after the drop.

Of course she is mad, but polite to the officer while he did his thing. When he came back with the ticket and asked her to sign, she asked him "why was I pulled over, when we was in a group like that". He responded that "she looked like she was going the fastest". (I was stunned she asked)

Wifey takes the time to go and fight that ticket. Drives down there, told the magistrate that she was moving with the flow of traffic, and acklowledged she probably was over the limit. When the magistrate asked why she was there to fight the ticket if she felt she was over, she told him what the officer said ... The magistrate looked at the officer and asked if he told here that ... he stammered a little and started to go into something e ... the magistrate stopped him and said DID YOU TELL HER SHE "LOOKED" FASTEST ... YES or NO ? He said yes and dismissed the whole thing :D

phillysrt4
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I read the linked article.... what BS.

I will now drive around Ohio if I can at all help it, or just not go that way at all anymore.

Its almost as if we now have to have our own independent data logging system that can be accepted in court in order to fight those "estimates".

Silverhatch
06-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Its almost as if we now have to have our own independent data logging system that can be accepted in court in order to fight those "estimates".

Thats actually a good idea. I bet someone could set something like that up.

paul44224
06-05-2010, 07:10 AM
This really sucks! I can't imagine it NOT causing court-case back-ups! I would fight it all the way! Next it will be if an officer THINKS someone is going to commit a crime, he makes an arrest.
Paul

KeystoneJohnny
06-05-2010, 01:43 PM
For some time, my wife had a blue Dodge Stealth as her driver. Back right after the Cabela's opened in WV, we decided to take a ride over and check it out. Saturday morning, wifey was driving, and she was in a pack of like 5 cars going along on Route 70. We get down into Washington PA where the speed limit drops, and she gets pulled over almost right after the drop.

Of course she is mad, but polite to the officer while he did his thing. When he came back with the ticket and asked her to sign, she asked him "why was I pulled over, when we was in a group like that". He responded that "she looked like she was going the fastest". (I was stunned she asked)

Wifey takes the time to go and fight that ticket. Drives down there, told the magistrate that she was moving with the flow of traffic, and acklowledged she probably was over the limit. When the magistrate asked why she was there to fight the ticket if she felt she was over, she told him what the officer said ... The magistrate looked at the officer and asked if he told here that ... he stammered a little and started to go into something e ... the magistrate stopped him and said DID YOU TELL HER SHE "LOOKED" FASTEST ... YES or NO ? He said yes and dismissed the whole thing :D

This was a great story. LOL:thmbsup: