PDA

View Full Version : S197 3 valve cam advice

shockstang
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey guys. I am thinking of getting after market cams for my car. I have already searched the forum and came up with very little. Anybody install these themselves? Tricky? Problems? Tune needed? How is the driveability? I am not interested in sound, but rather performance. However I don't want to go with having to change out the valve springs or install phase limiters. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Josh00 GT
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I am also interested in installing cams in my 2v if the 4v heads I picked up prove to need to much modification.

But yes im almost certain that a tune will be needed reguardless of the cam as far as vale springs and whatnot i couldnt tell you 100% but I myself would change them out reguardless if I put cams in my car.

THE BIG KOALA
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey guys. I am thinking of getting after market cams for my car. I have already searched the forum and came up with very little. Anybody install these themselves? Tricky? Problems? Tune needed? How is the driveability? I am not interested in sound, but rather performance. However I don't want to go with having to change out the valve springs or install phase limiters. Any help would be great. Thanks.I have the ford racing hot rod cams in mine no need to change springs orhave phase limiters . You will want a tune and 4:10 gears because they take away some low end power any other questions on these feel free to PM me

shockstang
09-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys.