PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for good rotating assembly (piston,rod,crank)............

Slow5.0
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Well i decide to go with Dart Sportsman 302 block
Now i have to figure out what internals i gonna use
Its gonna be bosted motor so everything have to be very good stuff forged

For HP # ,i don't know how high i wanna go but i wanna have space for more so i don't care if is over kill ,because this motor have to produce some crazy power
Heads i gonna use most likely gonna be TFS TW R
BTW its not race motor since its gonna be in street Stang that will see track once or twice a month

Anyway HP #s i looking for are 650+ and money its not problem

So who makes good internals and what are good combos

Thank you

BTW should i go with internaly ballanced or not

Viper_ed
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I went with a Eagle Forged Crank, Eagle H-Beam Rods and Custom Forged JE Pistons for my 331. It is internally balanced, which I would recomend for your application as well.

I would suggest contacting Ron @ Fox Lake if you plan on running the TW Heads. He's the guru on them!

Chris00GT
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I like the eagle products (I have there 408 forged stroker kit in my 88), but with your goal of 650+ hp I wouldn't go with eagle H beam rods. I'd go with a good billet rod like manley pro I beam rod. I had eagle rods for my 00GT, but sold them and bought some pro I beams with pistons after a customer folded a eagle H beam rod and wiped his block out in his high powered turbo car. They are rock solid rods and will take abuse, but they are about twice as much(about $1200 just for the rods). For pistons I'd go with the JE or CP pistons.

Killercanary
03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I have very similar goals to you Ernan and I went with 4340 forged scat crank and H beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts and JE SRP pistons. If I could have changed anything it may have been the pistons but these will still due for what my goals are. My rotating assembly is internally balanced, I felt this was best even though I don't plan to rev it very high. Like Ed I recommend you do this as well. I got my stuff from Kevin at http://www.kskustoms.com and I had it assembled by Rick at RNH performance.

Slow5.0
03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Thank you guys ,thank you Paul
But one thing , isn't H beam rod stronger than I beam
And Chris00GT whats reason i should go with I beam rod

Chris00GT
03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
The eagle H beam rod is rated to around 700hp and is what we used with great results on most engine rebuilds. Some I beams are what we would use on motors who have a higher hp goal or want the stronger rod. The Manley Pro I beam is rated to 1200hp. The manley rods were alot beefer and weighed more than my H beam eagle rods. Places like Bennett Racing go from H beams on their normal engines to Oliver billet I beam rods on their higher power street engines.