PDA

View Full Version : Choice in car polishes.......

v6mustang01
03-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Well i just came in from finishing up waxing the F-150 and tomorrow ill wash and wax the stang for when i get it out here in about a month or so. I was curious to see what everyone else is using to wash and wax their mustangs? I use to always use meguiars everything. From cleaner to polish to wax but then a guy sold me on ASTROSHILED and wow what a difference. I have used it on every vehicle i own and on anyone else's that I detail. Deeper shine..lasts longer and keeps the wet look. I know with meguiars if you drive your car everyday in rain or shine the wax lasts about a month or so give or take but with the Astroshield, mine lasts at least 3months. Easier to put on...easier to take off. THe more coats i put on..the deeper the shine!!! I still use meguiars gold class car wash but will always use ASTROSHILED to wax it.

BoneCrusher
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I used that for many years, it's great product.

Viper_ed
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I wash mine with water only and always use Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer. Always done this on every car I have ever owned. Never applied any type of wax.

SonofaBish
03-14-2007, 01:14 PM
i really like the new Turtle Wax Ice polish... after a good clay bar treatment, that stuff is great... Can put it on in the sun, can get it on anything, and it wont leave a residue... and another great part, you can wax it sunday morning before you go somewhere... only takes about an hour, b/c the directions say specifically to put it on the whole vehicle, then buff it off the whole vehicle... I've been very pleased with it, as has everyone else i've told about it.

i bought some of the new Ice liquid clay bar too, and havent gotten to use it yet... i only bought it b/c of how impressed i am with the polish... so we'll see how that goes... i have doubts that it'll be as good as the real thing, but never know

Rodeheaver's
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
i am a meguires man all the way, i use all of their pollishes, waxes, and cleaners.

wick
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
i am a meguires man all the way, i use all of their pollishes, waxes, and cleaners.

I bought one of their waxes for my wifes black fusion. I must say, I was VERY dissapointed!!!!! Left streaks on the finish, was hard to use and did not last at all. In two weeks, it would hardly bead water. Now, she washes her car twice a week and does a full cleaning. If that had something to do with it, I would never know.

wick
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Well i just came in from finishing up waxing the F-150 and tomorrow ill wash and wax the stang for when i get it out here in about a month or so. I was curious to see what everyone else is using to wash and wax their mustangs? I use to always use meguiars everything. From cleaner to polish to wax but then a guy sold me on ASTROSHILED and wow what a difference. I have used it on every vehicle i own and on anyone else's that I detail. Deeper shine..lasts longer and keeps the wet look. I know with meguiars if you drive your car everyday in rain or shine the wax lasts about a month or so give or take but with the Astroshield, mine lasts at least 3months. Easier to put on...easier to take off. THe more coats i put on..the deeper the shine!!! I still use meguiars gold class car wash but will always use ASTROSHILED to wax it.

HAHAHA I thought that said atsroglide!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

INSANELY CRAZY
03-15-2007, 05:21 PM

x2 :goodidea:

93Cobra5.0
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I use the Meguires nxt generation wax .. It goes on and off easily, and gives a good shine, but to be honest, It dosent last long at all.. Seems like there's no beating a good paste wax. I was thinking about buying the mothers gold kit, but I havent had that much money laying around for quite some time.. I think its like 50 bucks or something for all three? Anyhow, for the lazy man on the go, I'd reccomned meguires.. I can get the whole car done in about an hour.

- Mike

5k#Eaton
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
use water soap if its really bad and wax her up with some new shit my dad found some guy sellshttp://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/05Boss281/smilies%20I%20use/carwash.gif

sutyak
03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I've never used any wax that really impressed me vs another.
I use whatever is in my garage, which at the moment happens to be either mcguires, mothers, or some other cheap wax I can't think of.