PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins

J-rod
03-23-2007, 11:26 PM
well im in parkersburg at my dads....first thing tomorrow i will hvae ne tires mounted. we laid out everything and installed the upper isos tonight and all is ready to go tomorrow. im hoping 5 hours to do shocks/struts/springs install.

will have pics tomorrow....tonight was a bad night or we'd already have begun a tear down....

Smallville
03-24-2007, 01:21 AM
I'll be in the garage all day as well, which means I should have something for ya by the afternoon:goodidea:.

INSANELY CRAZY
03-24-2007, 08:12 AM
"so it begins" now it will never end!!!! lol

One Sweet Day
03-24-2007, 09:49 AM
well im in parkersburg at my dads....first thing tomorrow i will hvae ne tires mounted. we laid out everything and installed the upper isos tonight and all is ready to go tomorrow. im hoping 5 hours to do shocks/struts/springs install.

will have pics tomorrow....tonight was a bad night or we'd already have begun a tear down....

whats that near?

coralcoupe1993
03-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I was going to do some stuff to my car today but I will be down town in an office instead.

J-rod
03-24-2007, 10:40 AM
whats that near?

belpre and marietta ohio. its off rt. 50.

One Sweet Day
03-24-2007, 10:50 AM
belpre and marietta ohio. its off rt. 50.
oh, ok. I have family in xena and a friend in akron...just wondering;)

coralcoupe1993
03-24-2007, 11:44 AM
oh, ok. I have family in xena and a friend in akron...just wondering;)

Are you related to Jared :wedgie: ???

One Sweet Day
03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
lol, no, and thankfully I don't have balls for you to bust! sorry:p

J-rod
03-24-2007, 03:49 PM
well rear is done....starting front....ill make a post with all the pics tonight.

fox's are money pits......i had to go buy a couple tools and now a battery and got a used alt while i was her (shiity 70a) just so i could pull out of garage :madashell:

J-rod
03-24-2007, 08:00 PM
well i got the rear done and was upset it sat soooo high....but after thinking about it, was really too low to begin with...so now it sits nice.

the front is crap!! someone put the wrong DAMN STRUTS on there and we cant get them out of the fenderwell to install the new springs...further more the bolts are wayyy too tight and rounded so i couldnt do anything to the front.

i now will be taking it to a shop to have struts and springs and alignment done. :madashell:

i did get my tires installed....

and another ball buster..... woke up this morning to a dead battery.....installed new battery and now the alt is fried....almost killed new battery....so im stranded in parkersburg until i go get a shitty 75a alt from advance in the morning. (however would a amp from my bro's wrecked t-bird fit? its same motor as 94-98 v6 mustangs :dunno:)

soooooo whoever said welcome to the money pit......fvck you....you're right!!!!

:lol:

and i really miss my wife and son. :(

INSANELY CRAZY
03-24-2007, 09:16 PM
man... nvs fox still?? lol

anyway, before i bought this car from adam it had c/c kit... not sure if coilovers or not. but the car was changed over to stock stuff when i got it from him.. not sure if he did it or not..

J-rod
03-24-2007, 09:38 PM
man... nvs fox still?? lol

anyway, before i bought this car from adam it had c/c kit... not sure if coilovers or not. but the car was changed over to stock stuff when i got it from him.. not sure if he did it or not..

i dont know when or who did it but these arent fox struts...they are in fact beating the shiit out of my hood. we noticed this when wick worked on my car.

the rear feels good now....front is poop. but i hope to get it fixed monday or tuesday. got to buy an alt tomorrow now so i can get home.

this car has some major plans over the next twelve months....but that is a post for another day. :yes:

J-rod
03-25-2007, 11:25 PM
here are some pics my dad sent me tonight.

#1 - new shocks and LMM springs. (old quad shocks still need removed but the bolt at the bracket on housing wont budge with hand tools. yes ed we used a 3' breaker bar and lead pipe....but its so tight i lifted the car off the jack stands trying to break it loose.)

#2 - new parts with old parts sitting beside.

#3 - random car in garage pic

#4 & #5 is rear end done

#6 - previous rear with eibach's

:dunno:

Viper_ed
03-26-2007, 12:14 AM
yes ed we used a 3' breaker bar and lead pipe....but its so tight i lifted the car off the jack stands trying to break it loose.)

Impact gun. Mine were the same on my 88. I couldn't budge them with hand tools and a pipe!

J-rod
03-26-2007, 06:45 AM
i know....we dont have air tools anymore.

J-rod
04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
ttt hahaha

picked up the stang from tim tonight....the front looks good and a little mean :balls1:

when i get time next week im going to pull the rear springs and remove the top isolator....the rear is too high...especially with the low front.

Tim....i can still run 17's right? :rofl: