PDA

View Full Version : 5.oh

Wolfpack Speed
05-18-2011, 07:24 PM
We installed some lower control arms, shifter and lowering springs today. The car also has a catback and CAI, we put her on the dyno for some power pulls:goodidea:

PaxtonShelby
05-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice!! What shifter and what catback?

Wolfpack Speed
05-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Nice!! What shifter and what catback?

Steeda shifter, Magnaflow competition catback. Installing another Magnaflow competition catback on another CA 11 tomorrow:highfive:

03 OW SVT
05-19-2011, 03:45 AM
I love that stance! I think lowering springs is my next mod.:goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
05-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I love that stance! I think lowering springs is my next mod.:goodidea:

Eibach Pro Kit so you know...

Witt
05-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't happen to know what brand or who tuned it?

03 OW SVT
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Eibach Pro Kit so you know...

Thanks Mike, I was wondering:thmbsup:

Wolfpack Speed
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Wouldn't happen to know what brand or who tuned it?

It's a Steeda mail order...

yeahloh95
05-19-2011, 02:45 PM
is that the normal numbers you have been seing from the new 5.0s

Wolfpack Speed
05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
is that the normal numbers you have been seing from the new 5.0s

Seems pretty normal but I have only had a few on the dyno...

03 OW SVT
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Mike, when you installed those lowering springs did you have to do away with the strut tower brace?

Seer
06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
BMR was telling me, all you truly need is, the springs, new strut cap mounts, and recommended some camber bolts. As long as the drop isnt too aggressive. Oh and an adjustable panhard bar, as lowering the rear shifts the rear out to the left even more so.

Also LCA Relo brackets since youre changing the angle too. These cars seem to be so sensitive to that.

If you're going with an 05-10 style strut, you need to buy the GT500 style strut mount caps, instead of replacement 2011 caps or some CC plates.

Never heard anything about the brace going away though.

It might ride rough though if the spring was a little too aggressive for the struts.

03 OW SVT
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
It will be an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the rear. I'm hoping I won't have to buy all the extra parts.

Seer
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
It will be an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the rear. I'm hoping I won't have to buy all the extra parts.

You're going to need new strut caps. The stockers pretty much fall apart when you remove them from what I've seen.

The camber bolts are nice, and only $35. I can almost guarantee you should buy an adjustable panhard bar too, as it will shift the rear end out upon lowering.

Relo brackets aren't 100% needed, but if you drag race the car, they will reposition the angle of your LCAs. I have a set waiting to go on, just haven't yet, because I'm sitting at stock ride height. I guess I could install it now, but just havent

Mark Aubele
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM

Please don't lower your car without buying real dampers, I know you are actually going to take it out onto the track, so I'm sure you don't want to be out there bouncing all over and hitting the bumpstops every corner.

03 OW SVT
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Please don't lower your car without buying real dampers, I know you are actually going to take it out onto the track, so I'm sure you don't want to be out there bouncing all over and hitting the bumpstops every corner.

Yeah Mark, I do plan on tracking the car, I was just hoping I could lower it, and not do all this other crap buy spending a fortune on dampers and shocks and panhard bar. If that's the case I'll just keep the normal ride height.:rolleyes:

Mark Aubele
06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah Mark, I do plan on tracking the car, I was just hoping I could lower it, and not do all this other crap buy spending a fortune on dampers and shocks and panhard bar. If that's the case I'll just keep the normal ride height.:rolleyes:

Honestly, the Pro-Kit springs are pretty soft. Chances are you would be OK. The only problem I see is the reduction in bump travel. Most stock cars I have tracked are on the bumpstops often, so replacing the springs with ones that take away precious bump travel without adding much stiffness is a recipe to be on the bumpstops all the time. But for how cheap springs are, you could always give it a try. :thmbsup:

thedak
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Got them on my GTO and well worth it on the 5.0

They go on sale for $1650 every now and then.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/default.aspx?ProdCode=SM252

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/default.aspx?ProdCode=06-1304-B19537A

Mark Aubele
06-16-2011, 12:14 PM

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/default.aspx?ProdCode=06-1304-B19537A

Do they publish spring rates? Can't find them on the site, didn't look too hard though.

Seer
06-16-2011, 12:26 PM

great brand, but extremely overpriced. Can get much better performance going with a Tokico D-spec for less than 1/3 the price. Pedders in the mustang world has been compared to be on the same category as the "Bose" of suspension parts. Good performance, for 4x the price.

Sam Strano who is a multi time winner using the S197 chassis, uses Tokico D-specs. For street cars, the Koni Orange (STR.T) is also highly recommended.

Unless you're doing some serious competitive road racing, coil over setups arent needed, and if so, can be had a lot cheaper than Pedders.

Pedders justified their insane pricing due to the fact they had little to no competition on the Holden platform vehicles, in which this seems to be carrying over to other makes and models now.

Seer
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Do they publish spring rates? Can't find them on the site, didn't look too hard though.

Good luck, Pedders has never really liked to back up their performance claims with numbers/specifications.

Mark Aubele
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Sam Strano who is a multi time winner using the S197 chassis, uses Tokico D-specs. For street cars, the Koni Orange (STR.T) is also highly recommended.

He isn't using Tokico's, he didn't even run them when the car was in FS, he ran Koni's. He now runs AST's now that the car has moved to ESP.

He may have used them in the past, but isn't currently.

Seer
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
He isn't using Tokico's, he didn't even run them when the car was in FS, he ran Koni's. He now runs AST's now that the car has moved to ESP.

He may have used them in the past, but isn't currently.

You're most likely right,I just remember him pushing the D specs.

Me personally, my car is a street/strip car, I'll be going with Koni STR.Ts

Mark Aubele
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the D-specs though, for a spring/shock/bar car I would run them.

03 OW SVT
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Honestly, the Pro-Kit springs are pretty soft. Chances are you would be OK. The only problem I see is the reduction in bump travel. Most stock cars I have tracked are on the bumpstops often, so replacing the springs with ones that take away precious bump travel without adding much stiffness is a recipe to be on the bumpstops all the time. But for how cheap springs are, you could always give it a try. :thmbsup:

I actually have considered buying new bumpstops, ones that are a softer compound.

Does anyone know if the Camber Adjustment Bolts, are necessary to get the alignment back on track??

Mater
06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
YaY Blue

Wolfpack Speed
06-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Mike, when you installed those lowering springs did you have to do away with the strut tower brace?

No!!!!!

Wolfpack Speed
07-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Custom tuned the car this week, peaked up some good peak power as well as power under the curve...