PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts?

scott5
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
What are your thoughts on the website. Likes and dislikes? This is not a hit at anyone, just curious on your thoughts as I have expressed mine. This doesnt necessarily mean for a new owner, but if Lou decides to keep it, it may throw some thoughts in his head. And this will be open to ALL opinions, so if you get butt hurt really easy if someone doesnt agree with you then dont post.

Dan B.
11-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I like it. It's served my purpose for finding fox parts to repair/improve my fox based vehicles and information for trouble shooting their problems........

03 OW SVT
11-30-2012, 04:53 PM
We need to have our Christmas parties back. I know its tuff thou to organize it and get peeps to commit to a time and place to have it.

SlowSix
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
90% of my use here is the classifieds section. It seems to be the most active classifieds for the area as far as I know. Well besides craigslist but half of craigslist is junk.

scott5
11-30-2012, 05:11 PM
90% of my use here is the classifieds section. It seems to be the most active classifieds for the area as far as I know. Well besides craigslist but half of craigslist is junk.

what would you like to see changed that would intice you to use this site for more than just selling/buying stuff

SlowSix
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
what would you like to see changed that would intice you to use this site for more than just selling/buying stuff

idk. The water cooler section always confused me. What the hell is the difference between on and off topic if neither are about cars?
Just have a single off topic section IMO.

Seeing peoples builds and projects is always interesting also.
I also think the site looks a bit outdated.

Contests for free small prizes from sponsors would be cool. Or even just for some site recognition. Write ups about the ride of the month, etc.

97LaserRed
11-30-2012, 06:06 PM
all SCS is, is a for sale forum. I never see any info, jokes, funny pics, or anything entertaining anymore. Every so often you come across fox body info on SCS and pictures in front of wolfpackspeeds shop. I have been spending my spare time on svtp.com busy with racing videos, funny pics and turbo info. My 2 cents.. SCS should be a local auction website... Steelcitywebauction.com??

no offense to anyone about my post... thats just how I see it but I rarely come on here anymore.

SAC81
11-30-2012, 06:47 PM
What are your thoughts on the website. Likes and dislikes? This is not a hit at anyone, just curious on your thoughts as I have expressed mine. This doesnt necessarily mean for a new owner, but if Lou decides to keep it, it may throw some thoughts in his head. And this will be open to ALL opinions, so if you get butt hurt really easy if someone doesnt agree with you then dont post.

WAY too many subforums. All the subforums discourage posting. There should be like 4 forums- 'Talk', 'For Sale', 'Wanted', and 'Meets and Events'.

I think getting rid of all of the confusing, never used subforums would get posting up.

It'd be nice to attract new members- Pittsburgh has a pretty big car scene, but our forums don't reflect that. I'm not sure if it's because Facebook has taken over with the younger guys...or if the egos and constant annoying bickering between the local forum regulars just drives new members away.

lib88stang
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I like it for parts and tech section. The rest can go

pRojekt02GT
12-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Enjoy build threads, some "non related" car stuff for sale, and to read whats going on. My .02 is that there is a lot of classified stuff going on, I mean thats cool and all but every other time Im on here its always more or less stuff for sale.

not a super avid poster but I'm on at least once a day esp. when at work and its a little bit slower. also enjoy reading about new ford or mustang news, checking out member's videos of their cars, ect things like that.

like the site, seems to have slowed down though drastically from i'd say a year or two ago?

ecrissman
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I like it; I use it to see what’s going on locally. I am amused by the bickering among members.:fighting:

scott5
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
so outta all the people on this site only 8 respond?

Steve-0
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
so outta all the people on this site only 8 respond?

I guess no one likes you Scott?

I like the site the way it is... But that's probably because I'm used to it. I can see where it could be updated though, and there are a few subforums that could be deleted. Other than that, its fine for me.

PaxtonShelby
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Love the site. Like the current format and name. Not a fan of the bickering and condescending remarks.

earleymp
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I agree with confusing/too many sub forums. Also there needs to be something like notifications for when you post something into whatever forum. Like if you post in a bunch of threads you have to remember what all the threads were and check them/ try to find them within all the category's all the time... it's great and very addicting for the local enthusiasts though. Also more meets and things to keep us muscle car guys close and everything (I understand weather is never any help) I have met only a few members on here which is sad.. Mainly my fault of course but my car is a huge hobby in my life and it's always nice to meet new people and bullshit with people and learn new things :goodidea:

95V6
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Love the site. Like the current format and name. Not a fan of the bickering and condescending remarks.

X2. I don't blame Lou for wanting out.

PaceFever79
12-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I think the idea of simplifying the forums is a good start. Focus it more on Mustangs
and car culture. News, tech, gallery, racing, classifieds. One section for socializing is
enough. No political or religious posts or attacks should be tolerated. The mods need
to keep the political and nasty grandstanding from driving off those who just want to
participate in local / online / Mustang community. Do that and not only will the silent
members come out of the woodwork, the site will grow $$

scott5
12-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree with confusing/too many sub forums. Also there needs to be something like notifications for when you post something into whatever forum. Like if you post in a bunch of threads you have to remember what all the threads were and check them/ try to find them within all the category's all the time... it's great and very addicting for the local enthusiasts though. Also more meets and things to keep us muscle car guys close and everything (I understand weather is never any help) I have met only a few members on here which is sad.. Mainly my fault of course but my car is a huge hobby in my life and it's always nice to meet new people and bullshit with people and learn new things :goodidea:

you can subscribe to threads in your user cp settings

street591
12-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Why don't we just add a sub-forum listed as "smackdown" or "no holds barred". If you don't want to get your feelings hurt, then don't provide feedback in that forum. Otherwise, you have to follow the rules outside of the sub-forum.

I agree that the on-topic and off-topic sections have always been confusing.

Plus, I would probably add a few defined sections such as SN-95, new edge, S197, and 2011+

Silverhatch
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
like the site, seems to have slowed down though drastically from i'd say a year or two ago?
Hmmmmm. Now I wonder what happened a few years ago that about HALF the posting members left? Instead of letting stuff play out and dust settle, quite a few people were banned, some were mad that others were banned so they left and before you know it those folks started their own site that is actually doing quite well imo. IMO that was the start of this stagnation. This site might show 2k+ members but i'm guessing about 300 actually visit it and out of those maybe 50 post. People seem to hated Wick and ViperEd (in his prime), but you know what? Every time one started something in a thread there was huge interest in it, good or bad. That no longer or is allowed to exist anymore, and the site is BORING.

scott5
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Hmmmmm. Now I wonder what happened a few years ago that about HALF the posting members left? Instead of letting stuff play out and dust settle, quite a few people were banned, some were mad that others were banned so they left and before you know it those folks started their own site that is actually doing quite well imo. IMO that was the start of this stagnation. This site might show 2k+ members but i'm guessing about 300 actually visit it and out of those maybe 50 post. People seem to hated Wick and ViperEd (in his prime), but you know what? Every time one started something in a thread there was huge interest in it, good or bad. That no longer or is allowed to exist anymore, and the site is BORING.

This

speedracer
12-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Right from the UGH stats at the bottom of the home page...

Active Members: 146

Members that visited SCS just today

Total members that have visited the forum today: 133

TooFast98Cobra
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
hmmmmm. Now i wonder what happened a few years ago that about half the posting members left? Instead of letting stuff play out and dust settle, quite a few people were banned, some were mad that others were banned so they left and before you know it those folks started their own site that is actually doing quite well imo. Imo that was the start of this stagnation. This site might show 2k+ members but i'm guessing about 300 actually visit it and out of those maybe 50 post. People seem to hated wick and vipered (in his prime), but you know what? Every time one started something in a thread there was huge interest in it, good or bad. That no longer or is allowed to exist anymore, and the site is boring.

this x1000000000000000000

scott5
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Right from the UGH stats at the bottom of the home page...

Active Members: 146

Members that visited SCS just today

Total members that have visited the forum today: 133

How many of those are active? Just cause some visits doesnt mean they are active or even post.

Silverhatch
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
How many of those are active? Just cause some visits doesnt mean they are active or even post.
If it wasn't for Lou selling the site, those numbers would be half.

wickedsnake03
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Long as scott05 is around to make fun of you can bet jay,greg and I will be posting lol

JOlbert
12-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Long as scott05 is around to make fun of you can bet jay,greg and I will be posting lol

Truth! And since this is Scott's thread, I don't even feel bad about whoring it up! lol

Just be glad Scott didn't buy it, today's discussion would've been about pooper scoopers & doggy daycare!

wickedsnake03
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM
steelcityfrenchdogs.com ???

cemnt guy
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
lots of truth to this. alot of guys on here dont know me but i check in daily. love the site but lately it does seem boring. you remember couple winters ago some guys came on from ohio and started callin us out. i loved it and found myself checking the site constantly. a little drama isnt so bad is it? how bout a call out section or track day? holy crap we are gettin boring guys. i dont care what kinda wax u use on your car what does she run? comeon guys get your heads outa yourbuts and LIVE .if u get but hurt that easy stay off the web. no im not drunk

Dan B.
12-02-2012, 12:45 AM
I do agree that there are a bunch of subforums. Places that get too down in the weeds with subforums lose my interest. If I want to know about GM stuff, I go to a GM site. When I got into fox body cars, I was directed to SCS and found all that I need here.

a little drama isnt so bad is it? how bout a call out section or track day?

I don't mind the occassional call out...it does keep things interesting but I'm not pu$$y footing around one peckerhead that some folks think is a bada$$ because he states his opinion and stands up for it...whether he is right or wrong. Everyone should have that right and NOT be told to bow down to the community douche because he can't mind the rules set forth for everyone. If the mods were letting this stuff happen then the environment here would be different. This goes for all, not just my recent disagreement with Wick. I have followed some of his threads with interest and got a few chuckles but don't stick your nose in my threads crying about mods when I don't want to cause a rukus and expect me to roll over.

03 OW SVT
12-02-2012, 05:57 AM
lots of truth to this. alot of guys on here dont know me but i check in daily. love the site but lately it does seem boring. you remember couple winters ago some guys came on from ohio and started callin us out. i loved it and found myself checking the site constantly. a little drama isnt so bad is it? how bout a call out section or track day? holy crap we are gettin boring guys. i dont care what kinda wax u use on your car what does she run? comeon guys get your heads outa yourbuts and LIVE .if u get but hurt that easy stay off the web. no im not drunk

Ha ha, yeah Rich I remember those guys from OH. There was 3 or 4 of them. The one guy had a smokin hot wife that had an old Chebby Biscane or Impala. Those guys were a hoot! They need to come back on here.

Btw, ur a drunk bastard! Lol:sticktonge:

pinkpony20000
12-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Truth! And since this is Scott's thread, I don't even feel bad about whoring it up! lol

Just be glad Scott didn't buy it, today's discussion would've been about pooper scoopers & doggy daycare!
so it would be just like his facebook, fonzie:sticktonge: