PDA

View Full Version : Cant post

lib88stang
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Why cant I post on some peoples threads????

2000GT
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing!

u1arunit
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27547

PaxtonShelby
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
I think that some replies can be beneficial in classified ads started by other people. Like when people vouch for the quality or workmanship of a car being sold by someone else.

Even if someone simply says..."if I had the money I'd buy this tomorrow" - it gives the seller an idea that people are at least interested.

I agree that some replies in classifieds are sometimes useless, but the benefits of some replies outweighs these, IMO.

I may be missing the reasons for this change, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

Stroked03Cobra
12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I think that some replies can be beneficial in classified ads started by other people. Like when people vouch for the quality or workmanship of a car being sold by someone else.

Even if someone simply says..."if I had the money I'd buy this tomorrow" - it gives the seller an idea that people are at least interested.

I agree that some replies in classifieds are sometimes useless, but the benefits of some replies outweighs these, IMO.

I may be missing the reasons for this change, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

Same here, I feel that legit questions and answers can also benefit the seller.

JOlbert
12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
It's gay! Plain & simple!

TooFast98Cobra
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
I think im done with scs

JOlbert
12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
I think im done with scs

I was hoping that it would have some good changes too, but apparently not. Maybe it's time to go elsewhere since we don't have 03-04 Cobras or Coyotes with Boss intakes that certain shops knew nothing about a year ago. Did you know that 1 & 7/8" headers are too big for a Coyote also? :D

TooFast98Cobra
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Lol. Wick was right about this place

Mark Aubele
12-30-2012, 10:47 PM
I dont see what the big deal is. If you want something, send a PM. Don't understand the rule necessarily, but the no swearing thing and blocking Rode heaver is much dumber than no posting in classified ads IMO.

JOlbert
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
No swearing? Here?

Mark Aubele
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
**** mother****er. See?

Dickbag 5.h0
12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Son of a bitch!!!

PaxtonShelby
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I didn't mean to start anything here with my initial post - I just offered an honest opinion in a mature manner. I appreciate that Mike has stepped up and taken over this site. I enjoy this site a lot, and in addition to having met a bunch of really great people, I have been really fortunate to buy and sell cars and parts, as well as donate a few things and receive a few free items, thru the nice folks I've met here. To me, that's what this hobby is all about.

Dan B.
12-31-2012, 04:40 AM
I don't see the big deal.

somethingclever
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
OMG I have to send a PM to a classifieds ad.....what is the world coming to.....I'm going to leave here forever cause I don't want to be bothered by sending a pm but would rather read through fifty comments in a classified ad by ppl that have no interest in buying said item....OMG I hate my life.

Personally, I think it's a good rule as FS ad's have a tendency to turn into opinion ad's....if i wanted someone's opinion on something I would ask for it.

u1arunit
12-31-2012, 09:06 AM
OMG I have to send a PM to a classifieds ad.....what is the world coming to.....I'm going to leave here forever cause I don't want to be bothered by sending a pm but would rather read through fifty comments in a classified ad by ppl that have no interest in buying said item....OMG I hate my life.

Personally, I think it's a good rule as FS ad's have a tendency to turn into opinion ad's....if i wanted someone's opinion on something I would ask for it.

Someone finally gets it. :goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM
For years I have listened to people complain about the classifieds on all forums. Classifieds are for buying and selling, not discussion. Too often the threads get cluttered with the typical good luck with the sale, wish I had the money, consider it sold in 2 months. I also see a lot of negative comments toward the item being sold, asking price etc. Before you know it you have 2 pages of useless posts that a potential buyer has to read through. While good classifieds discussion can certainly be had and have a positive effect for the seller, it just cant be done with consistency as too many people cant help themselves.

These permissions will enable the seller to have full control of their thread. Between email, private messaging and the telephone, sellers have plenty of ways to be reached and communicate with a potential buyer. Most sellers don't want all the BS and useless posts. By limiting your communication to just private messaging, sellers can simply add users to the ignore list when they have had enough! Because of these changes, I have deleted the "classified post whores" user group and everyone who was previously unable to view and participate in the classifieds is now able to do so again.

Mike

gmkillr
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM

Exactly!

lib88stang
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Make it like craigslist then, SELLER must put a phone number or email address. Everybody is on the other site too so I guess just post stuff over there FOR SALE.

Steve-0
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Make it like craigslist then, SELLER must put a phone number or email address. Everybody is on the other site too so I guess just post stuff over there FOR SALE.

http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27547

It says if private messaging is not enabled by the seller, then all threads must contain a phone number and or an email address.

What I find usually happens when buying or selling anything, is if the person is serious about purchasing an item, they are going to pm you anyway, which usually leads to getting a phone number to reach the person at to actually make a deal/make time to meet etc. This doesn't really seem like it should make anything very hard for anyone.
Bottom line is people just don't like change. :yes:

Silverhatch
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Well at least it will let the seller pick and choose who they will sell to with no way of buyers knowing who pmd first.......

u1arunit
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Well at least it will let the seller pick and choose who they will sell to with no way of buyers knowing who pmd first.......

True. Just as it's always been the seller who chooses who they want to sell it to even if someone pm'd first.

Silverhatch
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
True. Just as it's always been the seller who chooses who they want to sell it to even if someone pm'd first.
Sure, if the seller is a bag full of dicks, I always pm, then post that I did, like every other forum on the internet.

mooseman0
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Its just easy to write on the thread instead of Pming everything.
And isnt the point of forums for conversation..? I dont like this change at all, but im sure if i want something ill pm them.

PaxtonShelby
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I understand the reasons completely. I guess it never bothered me that people posted in my for sale threads. Thanks for the clarification. Didn't mean to irritate anyone.

u1arunit
12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Sure, if the seller is a bag full of dicks, I always pm, then post that I did, like every other forum on the internet.

I do too. And...unfortunately even though I *know* that I've replied and pm'd first they have sold it to someone else. It's just the nature of dealing with other people.

Mark Aubele
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Fwiw, of the few items I have sold on here, none were sold without a PM. Change is no big deal.

JOlbert
12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
I hate change! I like whoring up Scott's for sale threads!

biggb
12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
if all the grown ups cry, what job do the babies have ? haha

biggb
12-31-2012, 08:07 PM
i dont think a pm is that big of a deal.

PaxtonShelby
12-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Lol at nasty98ls1

yeahloh95
01-08-2013, 06:58 AM
i am not getting emails about replys to posts anyone else having this trouble?

John4cam
01-08-2013, 07:40 AM

Yeah, same here.

u1arunit
01-08-2013, 08:57 AM

Yeah, same here.

Do you mean posts that you're subscribed to?

Steve-0
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM

Yes no email notifications for threads I'm subscribed to when someone posts in it.

yeahloh95
01-08-2013, 09:50 AM
yes x2

John4cam
01-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Yeah. I cleared my cache or whatever the heck it is.....at least I think I did, lol.

After that is when I noticed the no e-mails to subbed threads. May have been something I did.

wht88cpe
01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Same problem here with no "instant notification by email" to subscribed threads. I intentionally subscribed to a few extra threads just to make sure, still not working.

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Looking into this, making a test post to see if I get a notification as I usually don't have reply notifications on...someone reply please..

Thanks

Mike

03 OW SVT
01-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Looking into this, making a test post to see if I get a notification as I usually don't have reply notifications on...someone reply please..

Thanks

Mike

Testing testing 1,2,3!:sticktonge:

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2013, 12:24 PM
One more time please....

marbeck
01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
test post

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I turned instant email thread replies on in my profile but wasn't getting a notification either. I noticed in my profile that some of my options changed but I have changed nothing with the board so I'm not sure what may have caused that.

I changed my user option to instant email notification, viewed all subscribed threads and check marked them all to instant. I had a customer here at the shop log in and make a post, I received an email notification.

For anyone having a problem, check your notification options under user options to see if anything changed.

Mike

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Working for me and a customer here at the shop, go through your user options and double check everything

Wolfpack Speed
01-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Also view all subscribed threads and make sure they say instant to the right. If not, check them all and change to instant.

wht88cpe
01-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Still, "instant notification by email" is not working for me. I went thru the settings again, all looks correct. Logged out and back in again ...

Also sent myself 3 test PM's but no email in my Verizon Inbox even though it shows in the SCS PM list that mesage was sent- and received.

No hurry for me, just trying to figure out where something is wrong.

Wolfpack Speed
01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Still, "instant notification by email" is not working for me. I went thru the settings again, all looks correct. Logged out and back in again ...

Also sent myself 3 test PM's but no email in my Verizon Inbox even though it shows in the SCS PM list that mesage was sent- and received.

No hurry for me, just trying to figure out where something is wrong.

Have you tried clicking user cp, then on the right click view all subsribed threads. once you do that, look to the far right of all of the threads, if they do not say instant, that is why you are not geting replys. I can also reset your account if you like.

Mike

yeahloh95
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I tried that with still no updates

wht88cpe
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Have you tried clicking user cp, then on the right click view all subsribed threads. once you do that, look to the far right of all of the threads, if they do not say instant, that is why you are not geting replys. I can also reset your account if you like.

Mike

Yes Mike,

Tried all of that and then some. They all say instant. If you can reset account it's okay by me if it will fix the problem. But note also how I sent myself (3) TEST PM's and none were received in my email inbox.

Looks like Troy is having same problem, at least with "instant notification ...."

Thanks,

Jeff

stevec5ws6
01-09-2013, 04:57 PM
why can't i post in a classified thread?

Steve-0
01-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes I checked everything. All is correct. Instant is still chosen. Still no notifications. Weird.

Steve-0
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
why can't i post in a classified thread?

It has been disabled per the new rules... which is being discussed in a different thread.
This has the new current rules:http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27547

This is the discussion of it/ a poll
http://www.steelcitystangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27604

stevec5ws6
01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Read what the old rules were... It's ok I didn't want to buy that mustang anyway just saved me from making an error.

Steve-0
01-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Yes I checked everything. All is correct. Instant is still chosen. Still no notifications. Weird.

Started getting notifications tonight at around 10:30PM. I didn't do anything different, so I dunno. Glad it works again though!

yeahloh95
01-10-2013, 06:52 AM
i did to and i didnt change anything

wht88cpe
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Still no notifications for me :frown: