PDA

View Full Version : Are these pedestal or stud mount rockers?

DRRummel
04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I need some help with this. I bought these off of eBay. They are supposed to be Ford 1.72 Roller Rockers. The tops just have 1.72 stamped in them, but no Ford oval. They are also supposed to be pedestal mount rockers. I don’t see how they are going to mount up. The stock stamped rockers have a metal block that mounts into the alignment bar on top of the pedestals. What do these mount to…? I assume I am missing parts…
http://www.drrummel.com/Mustang/Rockers/RollerRockers.JPG

Killercanary
04-16-2007, 11:55 PM
You are missing parts. There should be a cast aluminum "pedestal" that is flat on the bottom and has a semi-circle "groove on the top, a "C" channel steel trough that the pedestal sits in, and the rocker bolt. I can't do it now, but I can get you pictures of all the parts if you want/need them.

DRRummel
04-17-2007, 12:12 AM
No pics needed. I have a good idea of what you are talking about. Would the stock C channel work? I have those. Can the rest of the pedestal parts and rocker bolts be bought separately?

PS. Sorry I missed you at Cecil County. I was just getting there around 2:00. You were already on the trailer.

Killercanary
04-17-2007, 12:39 AM
I broke a pedestal a long time ago and I just ordered the pedestal/C channel combo from ford for a '93-'95 cobra. The spacing between the pedestals was different on my AFR's than the stock ones so I had to cut the C channel to get the pedestals out and I used them in the C channels that came with my heads. I broke another one later on and I called comp or crane (I can't remember who it was now) and they sent me a few for free besides shipping cost. I broke them by not paying attention to where the flat part of the trunion was facing, I had the flat part down and the round part up where the bolt makes contact, the flat part put pressure on the two outside edges of the pedestal and cracked it in half.

Troy told me that you showed up late to cecil. I'm sorry I missed you. My dad's TKO took a dump on him and we decided to just get on the road since it was around a 4.5hr ride home. We'll probably be back in the fall, and with any luck I'll actually have my car there racing.