PDA

View Full Version : '13 GT Performance Pack (Muffler) Question

phillysrt4
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Are the mufflers really for tone and the performance gains are in the tune? The same power gains are claimed if you get the version with the mufflers versus without so that's my guess. If anyone has any experience with this let me know. Google searches for reviews only seem to reference the v6.

EDIT - I also ask because I am flying into the States for business and its going to be a bit hard for me to bring back a pair of big-ass honkin mufflers.

Cam99
05-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Are the mufflers really for tone and the performance gains are in the tune? The same power gains are claimed if you get the version with the mufflers versus without so that's my guess. If anyone has any experience with this let me know. Google searches for reviews only seem to reference the v6.

Nitrous. two big bottles. Harry's has them. You need them

phillysrt4
05-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Is that covered under warranty? ;)

phillysrt4
05-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Seriously though I just want to play around with small stuff the car is already what I want but I just can't help but tinker a little

Cam99
05-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm in the same boat. Love it the way it is, just can't stop messing with stuff cold turkey

phillysrt4
05-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm in the same boat. Love it the way it is, just can't stop messing with stuff cold turkey

This.

Its too damn easy to buy the calibrator and get it recalibrated, although I'm thinking a shifter and rear suspension parts might be money better spent at this point since I like the power level stock (for now...)

Cam99
05-10-2013, 10:00 PM
This.

Its too damn easy to buy the calibrator and get it recalibrated, although I'm thinking a shifter and rear suspension parts might be money better spent at this point since I like the power level stock (for now...)

DR's

Seer
05-10-2013, 10:15 PM

EDIT - I also ask because I am flying into the States for business and its going to be a bit hard for me to bring back a pair of big-ass honkin mufflers.

If these are the mufflers that come with the pro cal kit then they are the 11-12 GT500 mufflers.

phillysrt4
05-11-2013, 05:47 AM
DR's

True... hmmm.... ;)

If these are the mufflers that come with the pro cal kit then they are the 11-12 GT500 mufflers.

So basically its just tone. ok thanks!