PDA

View Full Version : Engine strange noises during rain

Mr. Rob
04-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I drove my car to work the other night and on the way home it rained pretty hard and every now and then the engine would run really rough it ran great just rough, it didnt throw a code or anything. could it be because of the rain? maybe the mist of water from the tires getting in my intake somehow? it is the steeda velocity intake that is mounted really close to the fenderwell but it is not in the fenderwell. i took it for a drive the day after and it seemd ok. Thanks:awsome:

Mr. Rob
04-26-2007, 01:43 AM
no reply's

Rodeheaver's
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
is it a really low cold air? if so you may be getting a little water into the mass air meter...

Chris00GT
04-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Yep, good old water on the mass air. More than likely your air filter is getting soaked and the water is hitting the hot wire on the mass air meter and pissing off the computer. I had this problem with my car when I got caught in a down pour and water was getting sucking into my intercooler tubing. The water would hit the mass air meter and the car would buck and carry on.

Mr. Rob
04-27-2007, 01:45 AM
okay thanks guys thats what i thought it was. yea it would kinda buck a little bit but it ran great. you think if I put a little more filter oil on it would it help at all?

Cam99
04-27-2007, 06:59 AM
okay thanks guys thats what i thought it was. yea it would kinda buck a little bit but it ran great. you think if I put a little more filter oil on it would it help at all?

You don't want to oil the filter to much or the oil will get drawn through the filter and F with the MAS electronics.

Chris00GT
04-27-2007, 10:42 AM

The best thing I can see you doing is trying to make some kind of sheild to keep the water from hitting the air filter and getting wet. Adding more oil to the filter will just cause more problems!

coralcoupe1993
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I had this problem!!!!!!!! It was the MAFS in my 2000 GT. I simply cleaned it with some electronics spray. It was right after I put a new PAPER filter. ODD.