PDA

View Full Version : GT-40p head rebuild - what parts

DRRummel
04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I am about to rebuild a set of GT-40p heads for my 302. Someone, I think Rod, suggested to use the stock parts from a 93 Cobra. What is that exactly? I have a set of Crane 1.72 roller rockers. So basicly I am looking for the Corba intake and exhaust springs? Are the keepers and retainers also the stock 7* or a 10* setup? Any other parts I will need? Thanks.

madmaxin22
04-26-2007, 08:08 AM
got the headers yet?? i would suggest not putting stock cobra springs on those heads and getting the trick flow spring package or something like that to avoid valve float... i had those same heads/stock springs but they were new when i got them. throttle stuck and floated the valves into the pistons...

DRRummel
04-26-2007, 05:51 PM
got the headers yet?? i would suggest not putting stock cobra springs on those heads and getting the trick flow spring package or something like that to avoid valve float... i had those same heads/stock springs but they were new when i got them. throttle stuck and floated the valves into the pistons...
Ouch... Sorry about that learning experience.
Your are the second person to suggest the Trick Flow kit. Are you thinking the TFS-2500100 or the TFS2500200?

madmaxin22
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
You'd have to research some.. i was looking into the springs and just went all out and bought the afr's after figureing machine shop, new valves and springs, it seemed like the better route... i was leaning towards one of the trick flows but hadnt gone any farther to narrow down which would better fit the combo