PDA

View Full Version : SCS Help Wanted!!!

Wolfpack Speed
06-25-2014, 09:14 PM
I am looking for some help running/promoting Steel City Stangs! Since taking ownership of the site I have pretty much done what I initially wanted to do, but IMO there is much more potential for the site. I am looking for an established member(s) that will help moderate the forum, but I also would like that person(s) to head up organizing the activitys this forum is desperately missing, such as...

Dyno Day
Car Show
Poker Run
Cristmas Party

etc...

This forum is full of great people, I know forums are becoming a thing of the past with social media and all but it's still a nice outlet to bing the tri state area enthusiasts together. With a little bit of help and effort from some established members, I really think we can make SCS an even better resource than it already is!

Anyone who is interested in helping out in any way, feel free to reply to this thread or use the contact us form to reach out to me. Also, any members who have suggestions or comments regarding the future of the forum, feel free to use this thread to speak your mind!

Thanks!

Mike

95V6
06-25-2014, 09:30 PM
I would love to help Mike. You helped me out big time last year with my Mustang under a time crunch,
it's the least I could do.

03 OW SVT
06-26-2014, 04:11 AM
It seems SCS has been a little slow lately. I guess it's because of the social media.:-(

Terminated
06-26-2014, 09:09 AM
IMO I don't come on much because of things like this. There are no meets, dyno days or cruises listed. I feel like that may be why others do the same. Not as active as it once was. This is a good memory for a lot of people who used to frequent a lot. If you build it, they will come back.

Flyin Monkey
06-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm here for ya.

Wolfpack Speed
06-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I would love to help Mike. You helped me out big time last year with my Mustang under a time crunch,
it's the least I could do.

Thanks, I will be in touch!

IMO I don't come on much because of things like this. There are no meets, dyno days or cruises listed. I feel like that may be why others do the same. Not as active as it once was. This is a good memory for a lot of people who used to frequent a lot. If you build it, they will come back.

I agree completely. When we did do stuff like that it was always fun and had a positive affect. I'm not a forum guy anymore and I just don't have the time to be honest. Thats the point of this thread, if I can find a few guys that want to take the forum over and get these events going, it will be a better place for everyone!

I'm here for ya.

Thanks bud, I will be in touch!

Steve-0
06-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Im always willing to help out with whatever. It was a lot of fun when we had dyno days at your place! Let me know what you need. I am always on here.

SonofaBish
06-26-2014, 12:39 PM
IMHO, the reason its not as active as it used to be has nothing to do with you Mike - its because there's no more drama...... and no i'm not kidding, just being real..... Tons of people complained that there was too much drama and why can't everyone just get along.... kumbaya...

That's when all of the activity left this place... don't me wrong, there were people on here (that have most likely been perma-banned) that I didn't like as much as anyone else, but that's what made you keep coming back.... sometimes you just wanted to see what some jacka** had to say and what kind of crap he was stirring up.....

Now its just a bunch of mustang-leg-humping guys that swear they'd say turn down someone giving them a 458 Italia, and would rather keep their Termi..... If someone would post up that they bought a brand new AMG Mercedes, there would be 4 replies .... if they post up they just bought a '98 V6 Mustang, they get 45 replies of "OMG - SWEET CAR.... that's F****ING GORGEOUS".... in generic terms, its not a 'car' enthusiasts website, which despite never owning a mustang, is why i joined it back in 2005.... there was a lot of diversity. When nearly everyone here has the same narrow-minded views, whats' the need to post replies and get invovled in conversation?

Don't get me wrong, i know its a mustang site, so what should i possibly expect, right? Just giving my thoughts on why there's no action any more. I still check out the forum almost every day - but there's rarely anything worth commenting on..... and i mean no ill comment toward you Mike - i think you're a great guy, and that nothing you have done has caused this - it began long before you bought the site......

edit: that being said, i think i got away from the main intention of your post - so for that i apologize. You can trim this note if you like

scott5
06-26-2014, 12:40 PM
I definitely would be up for this but me being so far away I wouldn't be able to help as much, but this site used to be crazy busy with Alot of frequent members. Imo

Get the SCS cruise back together twice a year. One when everyone gets there cars out and one before they put them away.

Prp track day. Not so much rent the track but pick a tnt to have everyone show up to.

Have a meet at a park or camp ground where people can bring food and family and have an afternoon of it.

Dyno day of course.. not sure where, maybe talk to the owner of wolfpack he may be able to help haha

Also get "business cards" made up to help promote the site. Have members take them to car shows, track or other vehicle events. Streetlethalracing local forum here does that and it helped out because Alot of people don't really know about forums ever since fb has a group for everything.

Christmas party I went to the one a while ago and it was nice.

Also try to find a place and host a scs car show/cruise. We did one a while ago but I forget where it was but remember putting 12 cars on viper eds 03 cobra and cruising up with everyone. That will also help get the name out.

And honestly try to stress that all cars are welcomed I understand that it is a mustang site but if you want it to grow and be big again then you gotta try to include them. He'll half people on this site now don't even own a mustang. Lol. Don't have to change the name just make sure people know.

Take it for what it is, I'm just a new guy

no1sirbutler
06-26-2014, 01:21 PM
I would be willing to help out with the things listed. Might even be able to help get the word out through northern WV.

TooFast98Cobra
06-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Less detailing ...more racing

scott5
06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Truth.. and Bish is kinda right. Alot of the reason I go on any forum is the funny and drama. I agree some moderation is needed but drama draws people. Hate to say it but true. Here it's talk crap, meet up with cash and run what ya bring, video tape and put on site and talk crap more. It a entertaining

Terminated
06-26-2014, 02:56 PM
For the record, I would give up my Cobra for a 458... just sayin

1320goat
06-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Drama on forums might be entertaining for people without lives. But there are a lot of people who aren't into that. As many people that love drama here, there's just as many that don't care for it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

scott5
06-26-2014, 07:42 PM
So you rather have 3 posts a day about putting ventshades on and 16 threads about hey I washed my car today. When there was drama this page would have 5 new PAGES of new posts a day and sometimes a couple times a day. The second it went away I didn't get on here for ATLEAST 6 months and I come back and hit new posts and there was 5 pages TOTAL in 6 months and usually the same 4 people posting about nothing.

scott5
06-26-2014, 07:48 PM
the three most popular car forums on the interwebz are mostly about drama and car videos. Post a car vid everyone starts talking crap and its entertaining which draws people to read it and comment. That's why they are the 3 most popular. I am not saying all drama but to get any type of "tech" or know how in here you need people. I have been a part of this site for a very very long time and was around before the crash and everything got reset and there were numerous upon numerous people in here that fed that drama (then raced and not talked about it) and there was a lot more tech as well. You could actually ask a question and get 20 replies from numerous people who had a lot of experience. now this site just doesn't have it

speedracer
06-26-2014, 08:41 PM
For the record, I would give up my Cobra for a 458... just sayin
Only if it didn't have the stupid paddle shifters

Monkeygrits
06-26-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm all in for putting some cards or pamphlets in mustangs when we go to cruises/shows on the SW corner of Pa/Western Md. We probably go to a cruises at least twice a month.

95V6
06-26-2014, 09:08 PM
I don't see anything wrong with posting pictures of a freshly washed or detailed mustang etc. I take pride in my vehicals and Im not going to have them look like crap.The less detailing more racing argument gets old. I'm here because I'm proud of my car and I like talking with other like minded people. Not everyone has the funds or means to race their car every weekend. That BS turned me away from the site for awhile. But that's just me.

gmkillr
06-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Some of you pansies need to hang up the keyboard and get your butts to the track! When there's racing going on there's always something to talk about. Theres only a small handful of guys here that ive ever seen at the track.

Some guys here talk about racing but ive never seen them at the track racing in my life.....lol

I think a name change would definitely draw in more traffic/members as most people that dont have Mustang wont ever waste their time joining here and posting as they probably assume that only Mustang owners are welcome.

Wolfpack Speed
06-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I appreciate your time! Knowing what needs to happen to get the forum more active and larger isn't the issue, finding people to actually do the work is. Wolfpack keeps me ridiculously busy, I just don't have the time or interest to invest in this forum anymore than I already have. As long as the site is affordable to keep around, I will continue to do so, but until there are members who are willing to take charge of the forum, I have done all I am willing to do. Social media and other outlets have killed internet forums both small and large. IMO there will always be a market for a forum like ours but we have to keep finding new members and advertisers to keep things going and interesting, thats where the current member come in.

Keep the discussion going, thanks again!

Mike

SonofaBish
06-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Only if it didn't have the stupid paddle shifters
ha, my point exactly

speedracer
06-27-2014, 09:05 AM
ha, my point exactly
I've shifted my own gears since I was 16... (30 years now) I doubt I could get used to doing something that's not instinctive. I would love to have a 458 though

1320goat
06-27-2014, 11:35 AM
The people have spoken. Mustangs are slow, and Mustang owners are also slow, So I have compiled a list of new rules and regulations. It is important that you read and follow the new guidelines.

1. Under no circumstances are you to post pictures of a freshly cleaned vehicle, or talk about the products used. NO ONE LIKES A CLEAN VEHICLE. (Pictures of filthy vehicles are fine.)
2. Buy a Chevrolet (Preferably a Corvette) If you follow step 2 then proceed to 2a. If you want to remain slow and stupid..continue to step 3.
2a. This now gives you the right to belittle Mustang owners at any given time.
3. If you insist on keeping a Mustang you must make it a dedicated strip or autocross car. (Ain't nobody got time for street cars)
4. You are not to be seen at a local car show or car cruise. Car shows are for sissies, If you are you will be banned permanently.
5. Argue with, and make fun of fellow forum members every chance you get. This adds excitement and entertainment
6. Yes this is called Steelcitystangs, but it's just used for profiling purposes. We like to get all the Mustang owners in one place so it's easier to make fun of them.

If you fail to follow these rules, you will be banned. If you want to remain in the forum, you can plead your case to the honorable Scott5. As he is the leading poster.

Feel free to contribute new rules!
Carry On

95V6
06-27-2014, 11:38 AM
hahahahahaha you nailed it!

speedracer
06-27-2014, 11:46 AM
^^^ #4.

Here's my dirty car :thumbup:
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/gl0422/Cobra/4F0ADC92-06F6-4226-B67E-2B764AAB12FD.jpg

Wolfpack Speed
06-27-2014, 12:12 PM
The people have spoken. Mustangs are slow, and Mustang owners are also slow, So I have compiled a list of new rules and regulations. It is important that you read and follow the new guidelines.

1. Under no circumstances are you to post pictures of a freshly cleaned vehicle, or talk about the products used. NO ONE LIKES A CLEAN VEHICLE. (Pictures of filthy vehicles are fine.)
2. Buy a Chevrolet (Preferably a Corvette) If you follow step 2 then proceed to 2a. If you want to remain slow and stupid..continue to step 3.
2a. This now gives you the right to belittle Mustang owners at any given time.
3. If you insist on keeping a Mustang you must make it a dedicated strip or autocross car. (Ain't nobody got time for street cars)
4. You are not to be seen at a local car show or car cruise. Car shows are for sissies, If you are you will be banned permanently.
5. Argue with, and make fun of fellow forum members every chance you get. This adds excitement and entertainment
6. Yes this is called Steelcitystangs, but it's just used for profiling purposes. We like to get all the Mustang owners in one place so it's easier to make fun of them.

If you fail to follow these rules, you will be banned. If you want to remain in the forum, you can plead your case to the honorable Scott5. As he is the leading poster.

Feel free to contribute new rules!
Carry On

:pepper::biglaugh::D

1320goat
06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
^^^ #4.

Here's my dirty car :thumbup:
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/gl0422/Cobra/4F0ADC92-06F6-4226-B67E-2B764AAB12FD.jpg
Obviously photoshopped to look dirty. And look at how bad of a driver you are, you can't even pull in between the white lines. A terrible example to the newbs. Nice try Greg.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

speedracer
06-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I was taking up 2 spots so no one would get close lol

SonofaBish
06-28-2014, 08:02 AM

its the butt-hurt like seen in your post that makes this place pathetic at times...... the best part of it is, i wasn't even suggesting that Mike change anything about the website or how its run - just giving him my thoughts on why he's seeing what he's seeing.... basically stating that its not some sort of weird anomaly - to liven the place up, there's going to have to be "something new" - without the drama, the site alone just isn't generating the interest that it did back in the late 2000's.......

1320goat
06-28-2014, 10:36 AM
No butthurt at all. Just a joke bro. If you're taking what I say personally then you don't know me very well. You think I've only owned mustangs my whole life? I have other non Ford's that I don't post here because they are unrelated to scs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

SonofaBish
06-28-2014, 10:49 AM
No butthurt at all. Just a joke bro. If you're taking what I say personally then you don't know me very well. You think I've only owned mustangs my whole life? I have other non Ford's that I don't post here because they are unrelated to scs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
:goodidea:

nothing personal here.... i've owned 2 Trans Am's and 2 Corvettes - if i took things on this site personally..... oh boy

1320goat
06-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Cool man. No problems here. And for the record c6's are are amazing cars, no hate coming from me at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Mark Aubele
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
I miss all the drama. The last good drama we had was the argument over how ghey ghost cam tunes are. Been a while.

03 OW SVT
06-28-2014, 03:00 PM
I miss all the drama. The last good drama we had was the argument over how ghey ghost cam tunes are. Been a while.
Yeah I was in on that drama. I had it on my Cali and liked it and had tons of compliments on it. I know it wasn't for everyone. Just like putting an LS motor in a mustang. I personally think it's ghey.:-)

scott5
06-28-2014, 04:15 PM
That's cuz you don't like going fast

scott5
06-28-2014, 04:16 PM
its the butt-hurt like seen in your post that makes this place pathetic at times...... the best part of it is, i wasn't even suggesting that Mike change anything about the website or how its run - just giving him my thoughts on why he's seeing what he's seeing.... basically stating that its not some sort of weird anomaly - to liven the place up, there's going to have to be "something new" - without the drama, the site alone just isn't generating the interest that it did back in the late 2000's.......

Those were the good ole days

03 OW SVT
06-28-2014, 04:50 PM
That's cuz you don't like going fast

My shit is fast enough. My little 281 has handed a few LS cars there ass. Also, was only beat by a ZR1 buy half a car length.

I love going fast just my reactions aren't what they used to be cause I'm getting old.

i know your just trying to get a rise out of me buddy. Lol

scott5
06-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Haha. Weak sauce. No 9s, no care.

Coyote > than any Ford ever made

03 OW SVT
06-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Don't care to make my car go 9's. Cost to much $ to make it go 9's but I'll gladly watch you spend the $ to watch your Skittle go 9's and I'll bring my trailer to tow it for ya when it breaks.Lol

scott5
06-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Skittle don't go 9s haha.. it just traps 150+ lol.

Terminated
06-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Seems like this thread is just what SCS needed!

AdamantiumSilvr
06-30-2014, 07:14 PM
I agree it needs some events/meets/cruises/race days etc. set up for sure! I log on just about every day. I wear my SCS shirt and represent SCS quarter window stickers proudly!!!! =D

phillysrt4
07-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Seems like this thread is just what SCS needed!

and a return of the kill stories section. :awsome:

phillysrt4
07-04-2014, 05:31 PM
IMHO, the reason its not as active as it used to be has nothing to do with you Mike - its because there's no more drama...... and no i'm not kidding, just being real..... Tons of people complained that there was too much drama and why can't everyone just get along.... kumbaya...

That's when all of the activity left this place... don't me wrong, there were people on here (that have most likely been perma-banned) that I didn't like as much as anyone else, but that's what made you keep coming back.... sometimes you just wanted to see what some jacka** had to say and what kind of crap he was stirring up.....

Some of the drama was good natured ribbing through (the charge of GT500 vs ZL1 where the zl1 wins the "car most suitable for sensitive vaginas" category comes to mind). It seems that facet has disappeared entirely along with the malacious drama.

To come back to the OP, I'm a bit far away to help with anything, but I'd love to meet up in the fall when I come down.

Wolfpack Speed
07-18-2014, 08:57 AM
This thread went exactly where I thought it would, nowhere! The forum is for sale, anyone interested needs to contact me privately. I will continue to financially support and maintain the forum until a sale is completed or I close it down for good.

Mike