PDA

View Full Version : Welcome the Flashlight Drags to SCMC

GOT SVT
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Most of you know what the flashlight drags are and/or have been to the events. It is great to have them come aboard. Please welcome Michael and his crew!

Here are the details about their events:

The Flashlight Drags feature a Car Show, Car Cruise, vendors' midway, music, food, and fun for the entire family.

The races start with a flashlight signal, just like early days of rebel drag racing that many know only from old movies. Cars and trucks drag down the 1/8 mile airport runway. The crowd goes wild!

The event evolved from a simple idea to provide a venue where a hot-rodder or tuner could burn tire and race a buddy, without risking jail time or jeopardizing safety. The goal was to provide the illusion and excitement of street racing with a touch of nostalgic old-school drag racing.

All vehicles must be street legal, and that means real mufflers! In the event that your vehicle makes too much noise, even though you have mufflers, we will ask you to find a way to quiet your pipes or sit on the sidelines. Sorry, no exceptions

Check them out here:

http://www.flashlightdrags.com/index.php

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flashlight-Drags/118608578177468

travj31
01-21-2015, 09:54 AM
welcome... definitely enjoy your events

rollingthunder
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
are turbos considered a muffler??

SlowSix
01-21-2015, 11:24 AM
I ran there with an open downpipe once I think, lol. I've seen guys without mufflers anyway.

Definitely fun events though.

PaxtonShelby
01-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Welcome aboard!

RUTHLESS
01-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Sweet! Glad to see the FLDs guys on the site and hope to see the local at the events.

RUTHLESS
01-21-2015, 01:57 PM

They started an outlaw type class that only requires paperwork and a state inspection that is ran later in the day if you car isn't really a "street car".

black 94
01-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Glad these guys came aboard. I deffinantly enjoy some flashlite drags and will actually have my car there this year!

black 94
01-21-2015, 03:39 PM

I thinks so my neighbors not so much hahahahahahaha. Curious how strict that is cuz my car is not really that loud open down pipe but its def a streetcar.

AdamantiumSilvr
01-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Awesome!! Welcome to Michael and the FLD crew!!!!

juice_man_86
01-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Welcome! I love the Flashlight Drags!

Slow01GT
01-23-2015, 06:40 PM
I thinks so my neighbors not so much hahahahahahaha. Curious how strict that is cuz my car is not really that loud open down pipe but its def a streetcar.

I run open cutouts at FLD. You will be fine

TBone7281
01-26-2015, 12:33 PM
I've never made it up to one, I'll have to try and change that this summer.

04yellowcobra
01-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Had a great time way back in the day at Zelienople with my 04 cobra. Have you guys ever considered coming a little further east? I know latrobe has that side runway that is not used. Could be a possibility? Will try to make it out at some point!

TBone7281
01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.flashlightdrags.com/index.php

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flashlight-Drags/118608578177468

Are they always in the same place? I don't see a location on either of the above links. :confused:

GOT SVT
01-26-2015, 03:20 PM
right now they have events planned at waynesburg airport and pitt race

JUICE
01-26-2015, 03:33 PM
I always have a good at the flashlight drags I'm ready for this season to start

TooFast98Cobra
01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Do u have to have stamps on your windsheild showing inspection ? I'd run big dog class or what ever they call it

pwtmxracing
01-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Do u have to have stamps on your windsheild showing inspection ? I'd run big dog class or what ever they call it
Yeah but if you show up they will still let you run.

KeystoneJohnny
01-26-2015, 03:55 PM
They had a nice booth setup at the World Of Wheels Venue!

TooFast98Cobra
01-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Yeah but if you show up they will still let you run.

K thanks

FlashlightDrags
01-26-2015, 05:32 PM
We ask for mufflers on cars as away to keep things "street legal". Since we are a PA based organization the state of PA required "Real Mufflers". However, since the Greene County doesn't have any residential neighborhoods near by, we do allow you un-cap your headers if you have them. I know sounds like double talk. As long as your car conforms with state law where it's registered you are welcome to come out and run. But, remember you must have insurance, a valid license and valid state registration (plate). We want you to have fun. Hell, we want to have fun too.
Good luck to PJ with his new blog the Flashlight Drags are happy to support his efforts.

FlashlightDrags
01-26-2015, 05:36 PM
about the Outlaw Class. the car still needs to have insurance and current state registration. The guys from Greene County check for that.

FlashlightDrags
01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
TBone, if you like street racing and for that matter drag racing the Flashlight Drags offer more runs than you ever want in one day. As far as we know one guy made 37 passes in one afternoon.
We hope to see you this year.

SlowSix
01-26-2015, 05:59 PM
TBone, if you like street racing and for that matter drag racing the Flashlight Drags offer more runs than you ever want in one day. As far as we know one guy made 37 passes in one afternoon.
We hope to see you this year.

I will agree, as long as there aren't any issues or bad weather, you can make a LOT of passes.

TooFast98Cobra
01-26-2015, 09:27 PM
about the Outlaw Class. the car still needs to have insurance and current state registration. The guys from Greene County check for that.

Ok. Not gonna make it. I'll stick to the tracks

John4cam
01-26-2015, 09:32 PM

Current inspection? To meet pa requirements.

TooFast98Cobra
01-26-2015, 09:37 PM
What's funny is my car is 25.5 . Has every sfi current. Engine diaper etc .

SK360
01-26-2015, 09:49 PM
What's funny is my car is 25.5 . Has every sfi current. Engine diaper etc .

Then stick to the track. This event is for "street" (term used lightly) cars.

thedak
01-26-2015, 10:31 PM
F a Diaper

SlowSix
01-26-2015, 10:35 PM

I don't think they really look from what I remember.

TooFast98Cobra
01-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Then stick to the track. This event is for "street" (term used lightly) cars.
Ok. Carry on

thedak
01-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Shit, half the regular cars in Greene County don't have a valid inspection sticker....

SK360
01-27-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't think they really look from what I remember.

Oh they do, insurance and registration is also checked at the gates.

RUTHLESS
01-27-2015, 07:58 AM
FlashlightDrags,
I would like to have a calm discussion about some items that might be on the minds of some of the regulars at the events. I can understand not having the time to hear what everyone has on their minds at the events and think this might be the best place to ask questions or voice concerns. Please don't take this as an attack either. I have seen that WAY to many times on the internet and believe we can all have a calm discussion about things.

I am sure others might see things and just shrug them off because this is just for fun and 9 times out of 10 I just don't run the other guy if I think there is some type of rule bending going on.

1. If cars require inspections and plates how are cars with dealer, tow and other plates allowed in? Many of these plate don't require state inspections.
2. The rules list DOT tires only and I know this is for safety but there are many many cars running slicks and anyone at the FLDs knows traction is king so this makes a BIG difference. That and they are cheaper then dots. lol

Thank you again for putting on these events and allowing all of us the chance to have fun while being safe.

John4cam
01-27-2015, 08:43 AM
FlashlightDrags,
I would like to have a calm discussion about some items that might be on the minds of some of the regulars at the events. I can understand not having the time to hear what everyone has on their minds at the events and think this might be the best place to ask questions or voice concerns. Please don't take this as an attack either. I have seen that WAY to many times on the internet and believe we can all have a calm discussion about things.

I am sure others might see things and just shrug them off because this is just for fun and 9 times out of 10 I just don't run the other guy if I think there is some type of rule bending going on.

1. If cars require inspections and plates how are cars with dealer, tow and other plates allowed in? Many of these plate don't require state inspections.
2. The rules list DOT tires only and I know this is for safety but there are many many cars running slicks and anyone at the FLDs knows traction is king so this makes a BIG difference. That and they are cheaper then dots. lol

Thank you again for putting on these events and allowing all of us the chance to have fun while being safe.

This^^

SlowSix
01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Oh they do, insurance and registration is also checked at the gates.

I'm pretty sure mine was expired one time. I don't remember. That might have been prp.
They definitely check registration and insurance for sure though.

RUTHLESS
02-02-2015, 08:41 AM
No update = bummer! I hope they come back and give us all some input since I get shrugged off when I ask them at the events.

ttk53
02-02-2015, 10:03 AM
FlashlightDrags,

I will tell you that my et drags aka full slicks hook no better on the street than my et street or qtp's aka dot tires. For this reason I won't be at fld's because I'm not buying a third set of tires just to have dot tires for and event that isn't on the street and people tow thier street Cars to. Only reason I saw for a dot tire was they didn't allow trailers before and if you are making people drive and can see requiring dot tires for legal reason now with trailers what's the point.

RUTHLESS
02-02-2015, 10:27 AM
^ Did you adjust your suspension when you compared tires?

FlashlightDrags
02-02-2015, 10:44 AM
UP-dates. I try to get to this Forum as often as I can, but I'm sure it's not often enough. I'm going to reply to the comments posted by Ruthless later today. Thanks for coming out the FLD's. As far as you getting "shrugged off" at the events, it's never my intention to blow anyone one off, sorry. Please make sure you see me if one of our helpers shrug you off. I put a ton of time into these events and I know you races do as well, keeping the events healthy is one of my goals. So as long as people are talking about improvement for the event I'm on board. Not everyone will like the final decisions, because it might seem to benefit one group over their personal needs. So as Ruthless said, "lets remain calm" and civil. More later.
Thanks again...Michael

ERR0RMACR0
02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Street car definition is always a heated debate--everyone has different experience and perspectives, so it'll be tough to nail down. I think the best thing for any event to do is clearly outline the rules and their intent, and more importantly stick to those rules.

As for having drag cars, etc. I personally like seeing as many cars out as possible, just as long as the cars are getting categorized correctly. I'm all in for some street car vs. drag car showdowns :)

ttk53
02-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes and and at the track I cut a 1.46 60 on qtp. Then added a anti roll bar and et drags to cut a 1.45. With more time I may get a better 60 and the car was easier to launch but on the street really no diferance. I bet that extra tread from the slicks no having two extra lines make a big deal. I went with the stiff sidewall slicks because they are said to be best for stick cars. I know at street races I don't see rules on what tire you can run.

RUTHLESS
02-02-2015, 02:37 PM
UP-dates. I try to get to this Forum as often as I can, but I'm sure it's not often enough. I'm going to reply to the comments posted by Ruthless later today. Thanks for coming out the FLD's. As far as you getting "shrugged off" at the events, it's never my intention to blow anyone one off, sorry. Please make sure you see me if one of our helpers shrug you off. I put a ton of time into these events and I know you races do as well, keeping the events healthy is one of my goals. So as long as people are talking about improvement for the event I'm on board. Not everyone will like the final decisions, because it might seem to benefit one group over their personal needs. So as Ruthless said, "lets remain calm" and civil. More later.
Thanks again...Michael

First I want to thank Michael for coming back to the boards for us. Looking forward to your input and I can fully understand how difficult it is to keep people happy with the rules.

Street car definition is always a heated debate--everyone has different experience and perspectives, so it'll be tough to nail down. I think the best thing for any event to do is clearly outline the rules and their intent, and more importantly stick to those rules.

As for having drag cars, etc. I personally like seeing as many cars out as possible, just as long as the cars are getting categorized correctly. I'm all in for some street car vs. drag car showdowns :)

I agree 100%!

RUTHLESS
02-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Michael where did you go?

86GT
02-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Michael where did you go?

On his way back from Rio carnival.

RUTHLESS
04-30-2015, 01:16 PM
I noticed NO questions got answered. Its a shame because the racers want to make these events better.