PDA

View Full Version : New CEO named at Ford

mlowry1260
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Co. Tuesday surprised the auto industry by tapping senior Boeing executive Alan Mulally as its new chief executive officer, succeeding current CEO Bill Ford, who will stay on as chairman.

see full article at:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/05/news/companies/ford/index.htm?cnn=yes

speedracer
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Co. Tuesday surprised the auto industry by tapping senior Boeing executive Alan Mulally as its new chief executive officer, succeeding current CEO Bill Ford, who will stay on as chairman.

see full article at:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/05/news/companies/ford/index.htm?cnn=yes
:nervous: Hopefully he's a fan of horse power...

shawnsvtcobra
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
:nervous: Hopefully he's a fan of horse power...I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO.
:highfive:

mlowry1260
09-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Well.

he has a degree in aeronautical and astronautical engineering. So, he should like things that are fast.

His previous position was executive vice president of The Boeing Company, and president and chief executive officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

stanggrrl
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Well.

he has a degree in aeronautical and astronautical engineering. So, he should like things that are fast.

His previous position was executive vice president of The Boeing Company, and president and chief executive officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

The degree is nice, but unless the dude has business sense and can keep Ford afloat, it ain't gonna mean sh1t. I haven't followed Bill Ford's tenure, but I'm wondering if he was asked to step down or has realized his shortcomings. There is a lot of groundbreaking history with Ford. I'd hate to see it go under or be taken over by Asians (especially). Will be interesting to see how Ford is downsized and what they will offer in the market. Another interesting point will be dealing with the unions... *ouch*

coralcoupe1993
09-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I just found out he is very far left and belives all cars should run on electric....

J/K
Better like SVT!!!