PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

scott5
05-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Are there any gauges out there that are black with teh green light, like they come stock in our stangs? I am wanting to keep the same color combo throughout the interior of the car.

My next question is I am looking into buying a silver 5" tach. Does this aluminate green and are they any of smaller gauges out there that have a silver face?

fork5o
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
my pops has autometer gauges and they came with a red and green nipple for the light bulb in them so they shine that color

J-rod
05-16-2007, 10:23 PM
you can buy bulb covers anywhere to change the color of illumination

lib88stang
05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
The boost gauge I just bought came with the red and green and I think autozone has them too

scott5
05-17-2007, 06:44 AM
So i could change the backlight on this silver tach im buying?

scott5
05-17-2007, 06:45 AM
and is there any smaller gauges out there that have a silver face such as oil pressure, water temp and such? Is the UltraLite II?

scott5
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
What color do sport comp gauges light up??

Also what do i need to install a A/f ratio gauge? I heard you need to get wideband o2 sensors, is this true?

Martin0660
05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Also what do i need to install a A/f ratio gauge? I heard you need to get wideband o2 sensors, is this true?

It depends ;)

You can use the autometer (or other brand) AF Gauge that reads from the factory narrow band )2 sensor. It works on a very narrow range (1 V), and occilates as the EEC tries to control the comanded AF ratio (disco light effect). They are really only good to show if you are real rich or real lean, but also useful for gas milage to keep the car in closed loop operation.

A true wideband is a whole different ball game, you need a true wideband sensor and a disply of some type. Some opf the manufacturers have kits with matching gauges, and you can use the narrow band disco lights if they are modified for a 0-5V range. A wideband is unbeleivably useful, and essential if you are going to do any real self tuning. I am running an AEM in mine and love it.

Before you ask, most of the AF gauges are internally lighted by the display, so there is no backlight color option ;)

Bob Myers