PDA

View Full Version : PRP Wednesday 23rd anyone?

Rio94gt
08-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Ill be at PRP on wednesday trying out the new combo. If eveything goes right it should be a good day.

Anybody else planning on going?

Mater
08-20-2006, 02:46 PM
dont waste ur time!

u1arunit
08-20-2006, 03:19 PM
It's definately a hurry up and wait situation at PRP.

Martin0660
08-20-2006, 03:25 PM
I will be there with the Capri. Its all new rear suspension and Hoosier QTP's, so I will basically just be shaking it down. It should be interesting if nothing else.

Bob Myers

Wolfpack Speed
08-20-2006, 03:43 PM
dont waste ur time!x2........went up there for the wednesday/friday t&t the week of the bikini bash to do some testing. not many cars at all both days, they started late, wouldn't spray the track, took there good ole time cleaning up after spills and screwed people out of runs yet again with that stupid gamblers race:mad:

gmkillr
08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
F**k PRP, the track is sh*t and the managment team is sh*t.
Quaker City rules!!!

Wolfpack Speed
08-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Quaker City rules!!!i had a bad time with them a few fridays ago but here is the difference between qcr and prp. this is the first time they have ever done anything to make me bitch, when i called to let them know about it.....they gave me free admission for the next time i go! no attitude or nasty email responses like you would have got from frank t....just a nice lady who felt bad and wants to see us pittsburghers keep on coming out. i hope to be back out there soon to do some more testing

Martin0660
08-20-2006, 03:52 PM
BTW, I am going to go to Mason Dixon next Sunday for their Ford Race.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/2006%20Ford.htm

I understand the track is a little faster than PRP too.

Bob Myers

Wolfpack Speed
08-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Bob Myers

thats a nice track and worth the travel, they were tough on tech when i was there and it was only a track rental:eek: i might be there too, some buddy's of mine are going to be there so i might take a ride over, would be nice if i could take the car too.........

Twin01cobra
08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Quaker City rules!!!

Funny you say that cause I know alot of people who go to QCR and they say the same about it as we say about PRP. They say that Thompson raceway park is better than both and having gone to all 3 I would agree. But because they are the closest game in town guess we have to just live with it.

Wolfpack Speed
08-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Funny you say that cause I know alot of people who go to QCR and they say the same about it as we say about PRP. They say that Thompson raceway park is better than both and having gone to all 3 I would agree. But because they are the closest game in town guess we have to just live with it.
i just treat them as a last resort at best now. if i have to make passes and cant or don't have the time to go somewhere else...then i'll hit prp. other wise i go where ever else i can. i feel bad for the guys that don't have a truck and trailer, those are the ones who are really getting screwed the worst:mad:

madmaxin22
08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
i didnt believe everyone about how PRP blows.. i was there once 2 years ago and decided to go out a few weeks ago on the 9th.... got there and waited to get in, finally got a pass at around 6:30 and didnt feel like waiting for a chance at a second run and left at 8:30... i doubt i will go back

Rio94gt
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah it sucks but its close and i just wanna do a little testing to see how the new setup works out. The real test will be Smackdown in October.

Wolfpack Speed
08-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah it sucks but its close and i just wanna do a little testing to see how the new setup works out. The real test will be Smackdown in October.
is smackdown the same weekend as the reunion @ maple grove?

Rio94gt
08-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Its October 20th. Thats a Friday.

gmkillr
08-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Its October 20th. Thats a Friday.

Yes, that will be the true test! Norwalk=:eek:

Mater
08-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Norwalk is great

Stangman701
08-21-2006, 10:30 AM

Bob Myers

+1

I'll be there too. I hope they're not too strict on tech. The only thing I really have as far as safety is a helmet and I'm pretty sure it's from the 70's :D , doubt it's up the the current specs. If I can launch this pig I should be running 11.4's or better so I hope I don't get kicked out :(

u1arunit
08-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Norwalk is great
+1 for sure!

Killercanary
08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
My father and I used to be at every single T&T event at PRP, but after the new owner's started pulling their shit he and I decided to stop wasting money every week to race at PRP and save those funds for 2-3 trips to GREAT tracks to run. It was the best decision we made. Its ashame that our local track is run the way it is, because after seeing the turnout yesterday at the flashlight drags in Ebensburg (there were over 200 cars racing and 4000 specators!!!) it proved once again that there is the need for a local alternative to PRP. I wish they'd open up the old dragstrip in Tyrone. :(

mlowry1260
08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Norwalk is great

I visited Norwalk for the FFW race this year for the first time. What a great facility.

The Super Stallions of the Net fall nationals is a all day test & tune / gamblers race / grudge match evenet that takes places at Cecil County Raceway in Rising Sun, MD. It's a great track near sea level (good air & times) & good people running it & participating. Killercanery will echo that I'm sure. I'll post information when I get it. They hold an annual spring & fall event. It's a hike distance wise but, a good time. The next race is Nov. 18th. http://www.superstallions.com/

gmkillr
08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
+1

I'll be there too. I hope they're not too strict on tech. The only thing I really have as far as safety is a helmet and I'm pretty sure it's from the 70's :D , doubt it's up the the current specs. If I can launch this pig I should be running 11.4's or better so I hope I don't get kicked out :(

Id get a driveshaft safety loop.

gmkillr
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I visited Norwalk for the FFW race this year for the first time. What a great facility.

The Super Stallions of the Net fall nationals is a all day test & tune / gamblers race / grudge match evenet that takes places at Cecil County Raceway in Rising Sun, MD. It's a great track near sea level (good air & times) & good people running it & participating. Killercanery will echo that I'm sure. I'll post information when I get it. They hold an annual spring & fall event. It's a hike distance wise but, a good time. The next race is Nov. 18th. http://www.superstallions.com/

I really want to attend this event. I hope im able to get a ticket.

Martin0660
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Stangman701;433 I hope they're not too strict on tech. ([/QUOTE]

I've heard they are a little strict from several guys. I'm legal, so no worries for me ;)

If you make it down there, stop and say hello at my black Capri (probably the only one with a 2.3T on the lot ;) )

Bob Myers