PDA

View Full Version : Stang Leg Room

racefan
07-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Thinking of maybe a new Stang and wondering what kind of leg room they have. Have a 11 yr. old grand son to haul around, and have not tried to fit him in it. Anyone with some info please post it. Not worried about the front just the rear seat area. Thanks,,,,

mikeymustang
07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I think the rear seat is useless . there would be little to no room. all I can tell you is take him to the dealer with you and take him on the test drive.

Mike

scott5
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
no room what so ever, but do what mikey said and take him for a test drive in one. v6 and gt are the same so it wouldnt matter which one

Peej20
07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I've had a few friends sit in the back of mine without too much trouble as long as someone shorter than probably 6 feet sits in the front and slides the seat a few inches. With the front seat the whole way back, though, there's maybe two to three inches between the back of the front seat and the back seat, so forget it. I've actually gotten a few compliments from people saying that it's really comfortable back there once they figure out how to put their feet.

One thing that annoys me is the lever to flip the seat forward to get into the back. Rather than flipping forward, sliding the whole way forward on the track and then sliding back to original position once your back seat passenger is in, it just flips forward and sliding it forward and back is up to you. I know it's a minor inconvenience but you think they'd pick up on other coupes using this mechanism.

5k#Eaton
07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
no room at all

Chris00GT
07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
It really depends on how tall you are. With me being a little over six foot tall, the back seats are worthless. In my 91 and 00 I have the front seats almost touching the back seat.