PDA

View Full Version : Beaver "hot summer nights" car cruise

02pnygt
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a flyer for this car cruise which is also august 4th like summit mustang show. Just wondering if anyone from the board has been to this show before. For the last 3 yrs i've always gone to the mustang at show at summit which is great. My wife is from the monaca area and has been after me the last 2 yrs to go to this show instead because they always coincide with each other. So this year it looks like she wins out and were going to go to it. I guess they are supposed to have huge turnout. They list the cruise as being from 3-9pm but i've been told to get there around 10 am for a good parking spot. I guess the do some of the parking in the local park which is supposed to be the best place to park from whait i've been told. According to the flyer they pass out dash plaques to the first 1,000 cars so they would make it sound like they expect a heck of alot of cars. I'll post up a copy of the flyer.

Kerry

02pnygt
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2826/file0112in9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-30

Just ignore the hand writing. Forgot it was one there.

Blackcobraconv
07-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I live in Beaver and go every year. We usually get 1500 to 2000 cars during the course of the day. They shut down the main street and there is a cruise lane through town in both directions. Cars on both sides of the street, on side streets, and in the 3 parks near the couthouse. Lots of food vendors, music. It is one of the better cruises around.

u1arunit
07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
If I don't go ATV riding in Tionesta on saturday I will go to one of these events. They both sound like a great time!

02pnygt
07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I live in Beaver and go every year. We usually get 1500 to 2000 cars during the course of the day. They shut down the main street and there is a cruise lane through town in both directions. Cars on both sides of the street, on side streets, and in the 3 parks near the couthouse. Lots of food vendors, music. It is one of the better cruises around.

What time do you recommend getting there. We will be bringing my mustang and my wifes mustang and if i'm lucky a 88 gt i am in the process of trying to work out a deal on. We plan on getting there early and spending the whole day just to see all the cars.

Blackcobraconv
07-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I usually take my car over around 6:00AM because I like to be in a certain spot. If your there early, 8 or 9, you should find a good spot. I park on the main street in front of the park that is diagonal to the court house. Stop by.

u1arunit
07-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I usually take my car over around 6:00AM because I like to be in a certain spot. If your there early, 8 or 9, you should find a good spot. I park on the main street in front of the park that is diagonal to the court house. Stop by.

6am?? Man Larry you are one hard core show bitch! :biglaugh:

02pnygt
07-30-2007, 10:45 PM

Man, i guess they pack the cars in there earlier than I expected. We had been thinking maybe 10:00-10:30. I'm thinking now maybe we will leave our house around 8am which should put us there between 9-9:30. Thanks for the info.

trbofox
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
How far is Beaver from Summit Racing does anyone have a zip code for that area? We are going to the mustang Show @Summit maybe we could head that way on the way home. Thanks.

u1arunit
07-31-2007, 10:29 AM
How far is Beaver from Summit Racing does anyone have a zip code for that area? We are going to the mustang Show @Summit maybe we could head that way on the way home. Thanks.

02pnygt
08-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Should be leaving here around 8am to head out. Hope to meet someof you guys there. I know alot of folks are to summit which is where I would have normally been going.

GOT SVT
08-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Should be leaving here around 8am to head out. Hope to meet someof you guys there. I know alot of folks are to summit which is where I would have normally been going.

i got there kinda late - around 7 pm

i passed you a few times in the cruise lane

your car looks and sounds good

sure we will meet up sometime

it was a nice relaxing time for the 3 hours i was there, hanging out with kevin and larry

02pnygt
08-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Nice to meet Larry & Kevin. My wife fell in love with Larry's black cobra as soon as she saw it. She loved the polished Whipple. I saw your orange cobra when I was driving thru. Wanted to come over and check it out but we ended up taking off a little early.

03 OW SVT
08-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Nice to meet Larry & Kevin. My wife fell in love with Larry's black cobra as soon as she saw it. She loved the polished Whipple. I saw your orange cobra when I was driving thru. Wanted to come over and check it out but we ended up taking off a little early.

Larry's Cobra and doggy (Cosmo) are chick magnets. :biglaugh:

Blackcobraconv
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Terry, Glad you stopped by, nice to meet you. I didn't walk around much this year, so I didn't see your car up close. It sure looked good when you were cruisin. If your lookin for another big cruise, Moon Park is on Sept. 9. I never miss it. Cruise lane, burnout pit, great food, beer. It's near the Pitts airport.

02pnygt
08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Terry, Glad you stopped by, nice to meet you. I didn't walk around much this year, so I didn't see your car up close. It sure looked good when you were cruisin. If your lookin for another big cruise, Moon Park is on Sept. 9. I never miss it. Cruise lane, burnout pit, great food, beer. It's near the Pitts airport.

Might check that out. My wife said she knows where it's at.

02pnygt
08-19-2007, 07:55 PM

Do you have more info on the show at moon park. We were just there this past weekend for a family get together. Just overheard a few different people talking about the upcoming show and what a nice event it is. I think we will definately try to make it as long as the weather is nice.

Blackcobraconv
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you have more info on the show at moon park. We were just there this past weekend for a family get together. Just overheard a few different people talking about the upcoming show and what a nice event it is. I think we will definately try to make it as long as the weather is nice.

Sunday, Sept. 9. Not sure the official start time, but I usually get there real early for my favorite spot. It is a great cruise. Lots of good food, beer, burnout pit.