PDA

View Full Version : '03 Cobra question & advise

pasvtx2
07-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey Everyone, I'm going to envoke my newbie status and ask for some help on a couple issues.

No.1-I just found out today that the third brake light lens on the '03 Cobra has a vertical crack about two inches from the right screw. Does anyone know where can I get a replacement lens?

No.2-I've been considering changing the stock 2 1/4 inch Cobra exhaust. Rigt now I'm looking at either swapping the stock mufflers for resonators ($225), or getting a 2 1/2 Flowmaster catback ($450). Any pros or cons younz could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take Care, Mike M.

u1arunit
07-30-2007, 09:38 PM
That light is very easy to crack. You can get a replacement at the dealer. It's not cheap.

The Flows are a great sounding system for the Cobra. I have one with a Prochamber and it sounds pretty darn perfect. I get lots of compliments about the sound.

GOT SVT
07-30-2007, 10:13 PM
i think the flows sound good

dealer is prob only place to get lens - dont know if any aftermarket or ebay places have them yet

Viper_ed
07-30-2007, 10:43 PM
That light is very easy to crack. You can get a replacement at the dealer. It's not cheap.

The Flows are a great sounding system for the Cobra. I have one with a Prochamber and it sounds pretty darn perfect. I get lots of compliments about the sound.

I had to buy another brake light for my Cobra. It was under $100 from the local Ford garage. You can call Davie's Ford in Charleroi and ask for Dave in parts. He is a member on here, 351SVT, and I'm sure can get you a better price than just going to a dealer and paying full retail for it.

X2 on the Flows. Mark's car does sound good! :goodidea:

Troll
07-30-2007, 10:49 PM
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////////

383taman
07-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Bigger pipes will make it louder though.

Wolfpack Speed
07-31-2007, 02:57 AM
Hey Everyone, I'm going to envoke my newbie status and ask for some help on a couple issues.

No.1-I just found out today that the third brake light lens on the '03 Cobra has a vertical crack about two inches from the right screw. Does anyone know where can I get a replacement lens?

No.2-I've been considering changing the stock 2 1/4 inch Cobra exhaust. Rigt now I'm looking at either swapping the stock mufflers for resonators ($225), or getting a 2 1/2 Flowmaster catback ($450). Any pros or cons younz could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take Care, Mike M.your not alone on the light, it's pretty fragile. i had them break on both of my terminators from pushing the car in the staging lanes:tearsofjoy: i just had to get one for a customer, i'll try to dig up the receipt...i cant remember off the top of my head what it cost. as far as the exhaust goes, pick the catback and or mid pipe that best suits your sound preference...they all make about the same power anyways!!! good luck!

Smallville
07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
I have the flowmaster setup on mine. ALWAYS getting comments on how good my car sounds. Had to laugh when a biker went out of his way to get up next to me at a light to ask me what exhaust I had.

burntire
07-31-2007, 06:57 PM

Add some cats and you will go faster:yes:

5k#Eaton
07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
lots of flowmasters out there i like the sound of mac bassani and magnaflow myself

weareweird69
07-31-2007, 10:40 PM
I LOVE my bassani exhaust from the manifolds back :) Personally I think Flows are over used/rated. Everyone has them :(

u1arunit
07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
I LOVE my bassani exhaust from the manifolds back :) Personally I think Flows are over used/rated. Everyone has them :(

Everyone but you. :sticktonge:

weareweird69
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
ok ok ok JUST about everyone has them lol

pasvtx2
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of the help! This is why this board is so helpful to the average 'Mike' like me. I think that I'm leaning towards the catback, since I eventually would like to do the whole exhaust.

The center lens is another irritation. Are younz saying that the lens by itself is around $100, or the entire light assembly? Are there any other fitments, like off a GT or other Stangs?

I've got a couple other minor issues with the Vert, but I'll wait till a get together to shoot the breeze. Again, thanks for the welcome, and the help. Don't mind the signature, just havin some fun! Take care, Mike M.

383taman
07-31-2007, 11:09 PM

I agree got macs on my stang and not sure i like them but wont do flows.Have jones full boarse on my T/A like them.

u1arunit
07-31-2007, 11:14 PM
The center lens is another irritation. Are younz saying that the lens by itself is around $100, or the entire light assembly? Are there any other fitments, like off a GT or other Stangs?

The center light is an assembly. In other words the lens and reflector are glued together so you cannot just replace the lens.

Do what Ed reccomended and contact the guy he listed for a better than retail price. :goodidea:

Viper_ed
08-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey Mike, was that your Lightning I passed and gave a rev to coming up Large hill on 51 tonight? :awsome:

pasvtx2
08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey Ed,

No, I was pretty beat after work, and came right home. Did this one have a fancy grill? I've only seen one other DSG L around the area, and it had chrome mesh grill inserts runnin chrome wheels and a stock suspension.

I've got a brother who lives in Floreffe, and somtimes I'm over that way, but not today. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the gang here. Are you going out to Keystone Sunday? I'm planning on making a couple of passes with the L, and maybe meeting Garlits. Thanks for keeping an eye out, we'll be seein ya soon. Take Care, Mike M.

Viper_ed
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
It was dark and I didn't pay attention to the grill. I see Lou posted he saw the same one. We were all coming home from Quaker Steak & Lube.

coralcoupe1993
08-03-2007, 09:01 PM
lots of flowmasters out there i like the sound of mac bassani and magnaflow myself

X2 I ran a prochamber and Magnapack cat back on my mod motor. Sounded like a big block down low and Nascar up high.

:slaphappy:

coralcoupe1993
08-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Yup, ask anyone who has been in my garage. I have a few sets of Flowmasters that I have cut off Mustangs I baught. Just about every moded stang I baught has had Flowmasters on it. I like the sound but it is common. My 60 Ford has a 292 Y-block V8. I have 2.25" Flowmaster 40s on it. That sounds neet!

PaxtonShelby
08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Gotta love the sound of those Y-blocks!!! Dad has a '57 T-Bird that is just about ready for paint. I can ID a running Y-block motor with my eyes closed...