PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Blue 03 Cobra and F250

Ratt Fink
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, I have decided to give up racing , and the only way I am going to do that is to sell my stuff. I don't really WANT to, because I love the racing, but I have to start taking care of myself. I pinched a sciatic nerve, and it is getting better, but been over 2 months. Stubborn as I am, I will wind up hurting myself again if I don't sell.
The car is not for everyone. It has been licensed and inspected, but the cams and clutch do not make it a car that is good for the street. It has a KB 2.2 blower, Crower cams, return style fuel system, solid rear axle and Detroit locker, Ram single iron racing clutch, tubular K-member. She has run in the 9's about 8 or 9 passes in cooler weather, and generally in the 10.0 range in warmer weather. Best is 9.89 at 137 mph with a 1.37 60 ft.
Here she is idling, day of state inspection, 11-10-06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs06CeWcQk
Here she is 9 days later with the Prostars on, 11-19-06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKtsSxcJV8
The truck is Sonic Blue 03 F250 7.3L deisel with 65K miles on it. Gets 15mpg pulling the car/trailer. The trailer is an 18' car hauler with 4' dovetail section.
Going to ask $45K for the whole rig, $24K for the car only, or $26K for the car and trailer combo. The price is CHEAP for what I have in the car, but again, the customer base for a car this serious is not a large number.

Ratt Fink
08-01-2007, 10:45 PM
C'mon Racefan, this one's for you. You can start spankin' the boy again !!:rotflol:

Ratt Fink
08-01-2007, 11:06 PM
E mail is fjrose@flash.net for anyone who is serious. You can also check with Wolfpack Speed Mike, Sonic03Snake Lou, Bonecrusher Mike, etc with respect to the legitimacy of the car, and maybe even the driver !!

Viper_ed
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
KILLER DEAL!!!! Just think, someone will be getting the Ratt Fink's for basically free!!!

gmkillr
08-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow , nice price on a sweet setup you got there!!

somethingclever
08-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Insanely good price....:goodidea:

Good luck on the sale James.

racefan
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Ratt, Sorry to see you quit. Why don't you put a auto in it and you won't hurt your arm!!!!! I am putting a 1980 coupe car together to spank the kid, so won't need that BADASS you got. You people that are looking for a nasty race car, this is the ONE, and ratt you owe me money for using my picture at the track!!!! Good luck with your problem,,,,:thmbsup:

Ratt Fink
08-02-2007, 10:57 PM
KILLER DEAL!!!! Just think, someone will be getting the Ratt Fink's for basically free!!!

Thanks. It is not a street car, and I don't wanna spend the money to put it back as a full-streeter. But, it won't sell easily as a racer, so I either have to go with a lower price or plan on keeping it. Can't say I ain't trying to sell it !

Ratt Fink
08-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey Ratt, Sorry to see you quit. Why don't you put a auto in it and you won't hurt your arm!!!!! I am putting a 1980 coupe car together to spank the kid, so won't need that BADASS you got. You people that are looking for a nasty race car, this is the ONE, and ratt you owe me money for using my picture at the track!!!! Good luck with your problem,,,,:thmbsup:

I still say you were just watching to see if that right rear tire would make it down the track ! You know that it actually had a hole and was losing air ? I made that pass and it only made it halfway up the return road before it was flat ! Here is the vid of the pass right after that pic was taken... 1st pass off the trailer at St.Louis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4QwLZBGLc

BTW, check's in the mail ! :innocent:

racefan
08-02-2007, 11:17 PM
JAMES DON'T SELL IT!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!! THAT THING IS PAID FOR, GO TO A LOWER CLASS AND BUY A ROUSH OR SOMETHING, AND BUT ME IN YOUR WILL AND I WILL SEE THAT IT STAYS A BADASS IT IS!! LOOK AT ALL THE OLD DUDES LIKE US THAT ARE TRYING TO FIND THE CARS WE RACED BACK THEN, AND DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS TO BUY THOSE CARS. I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT NUT FOR MY FIRST 65 GOAT, CAUSE I DON't NEED THEM BOTH NOW!!!!

Ratt Fink
08-02-2007, 11:52 PM
JAMES DON'T SELL IT!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!! THAT THING IS PAID FOR, GO TO A LOWER CLASS AND BUY A ROUSH OR SOMETHING, AND BUT ME IN YOUR WILL AND I WILL SEE THAT IT STAYS A BADASS IT IS!! LOOK AT ALL THE OLD DUDES LIKE US THAT ARE TRYING TO FIND THE CARS WE RACED BACK THEN, AND DON'T HAVE THE FUNDS TO BUY THOSE CARS. I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT NUT FOR MY FIRST 65 GOAT, CAUSE I DON't NEED THEM BOTH NOW!!!!

Well, I almost bought back my old '65 427 Galaxie (which would kick some '65 Goat ass, BTW !) before I bought this Cobra ! This one was my second chance already.

Wolfpack Speed
08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
E mail is fjrose@flash.net for anyone who is serious. You can also check with Wolfpack Speed Mike, Sonic03Snake Lou, Bonecrusher Mike, etc with respect to the legitimacy of the car, and maybe even the driver !!
sorry to see it go James, good luck with the sale! if there is anything i can do to help you give me a ring. if anyone on here has any questions let me know.

Mike

Dear Mr Ratt Fink,

this is Mike's girlfriend. i feel very sad when mike showed me your add to sell off your setup. i want you to please reconsider. there is wonderful help for siatic nerve issues. i wan't you to eat lots of fruits and veggies and feel really well so you can continue to do what you love best!. we are rooting for you in the burgh!

Joette

coralcoupe1993
08-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow is that a deal! I am about 46K short but WOW that is a great deal! :thmbsup:

Ratt Fink
08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow is that a deal! I am about 46K short but WOW that is a great deal! :thmbsup:

Hhmm... I do see a way to get back into the old Fords again ! LOL !
If only your '66 was a 7-Litre with the 427 option... you're prolly the only one that knows what that is !
Lord knows, I don't need the big projects anymore, though !!

Ratt Fink
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
sorry to see it go James, good luck with the sale! if there is anything i can do to help you give me a ring. if anyone on here has any questions let me know.

Mike

Dear Mr Ratt Fink,

this is Mike's girlfriend. i feel very sad when mike showed me your add to sell off your setup. i want you to please reconsider. there is wonderful help for siatic nerve issues. i wan't you to eat lots of fruits and veggies and feel really well so you can continue to do what you love best!. we are rooting for you in the burgh!

Joette

Hey, Mike, you are pulling out the big guns here. Man, you KNOW I can't say no to a sweet babe ! LOL ! Sure hope muh wife doesn't see THAT !

Anyway, hey, if it doesn't sell maybe I will just tow it up there to PA and give it to someone I know will enjoy it, and can drive it !
I already had someone try to drive it, and the best pass out of 3 was a 12.65- oh boy ?!!

speedracer
08-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyway, hey, if it doesn't sell maybe I will just tow it up there to PA and give it to someone I know will enjoy it, and can drive it !
I already had someone try to drive it, and the best pass out of 3 was a 12.65- oh boy ?!!
I can run that with my almost stock Cobra

One Sweet Day
08-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey, Mike, you are pulling out the big guns here. Man, you KNOW I can't say no to a sweet babe ! LOL ! Sure hope muh wife doesn't see THAT !

at that price....thats basically what your doing!

Wolfpack Speed
08-04-2007, 02:21 PM

you know i would take care of her!!!!:pepper:

Ratt Fink
08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I can run that with my almost stock Cobra

See my sig... I DID run faster than that stock ! The car is a serious piece and can be a handful. The guy who tried driving it has run 9.9s in a fox body with an auto, so I thought he had a chance !

Ratt Fink
08-04-2007, 04:15 PM
at that price....thats basically what your doing!

LOL ! That is about 1/2 price of what I have spent on the car. But, I ahve had FUN !

Ratt Fink
08-04-2007, 04:18 PM
you know i would take car of her!!!!:pepper:

I know you would pound on it, just like it's supposed to be done !! She is almost Mike-proof, what with all of the things I broke on the way to getting her to this point ! ;)

Wolfpack Speed
08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I know you would pound on it, just like it's supposed to be done !! She is almost Mike-proof, what with all of the things I broke on the way to getting her to this point ! ;)LOL!!!:biglaugh:

racefan
08-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey Ratt, don't give it to Mike, he will part it out!!!!!!!!! I will keep the thing on the rear tires as it loves to be,,,,:highfive:

One Sweet Day
08-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I wonder if there is a chance for me to talk TJ into getting her....hmmm.....

good thing he doesn't post here anymore!:rofl:

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey Ratt, don't give it to Mike, he will part it out!!!!!!!!! I will keep the thing on the rear tires as it loves to be,,,,:highfive:

:goodidea: On the rear tarzz !!

scott5
08-05-2007, 05:25 PM
man i hope i can find a deal like this when i graduate in the summer

One Sweet Day
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
damn I love that car!:cutie: :yes:

stanggrrl
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
A shame she ain't streetable. :bawling: I'd give up my sweet Sonic GT. If Mikey would take me out for another lesson, I might be more than 50% comfortable driving a stick. I bet she's a hoot driving in a parking garage. :cutie:

speedracer
08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
See my sig... I DID run faster than that stock ! The car is a serious piece and can be a handful. The guy who tried driving it has run 9.9s in a fox body with an auto, so I thought he had a chance !
The 12.6 was my first try at drag racing and a 1500 rpm launch. I think with a 3-4k launch I could be close to your stock times.

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 09:03 PM
The 12.6 was my first try at drag racing and a 1500 rpm launch. I think with a 3-4k launch I could be close to your stock times.

I'd say you did pretty good, then !!

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
A shame she ain't streetable. :bawling: I'd give up my sweet Sonic GT. If Mikey would take me out for another lesson, I might be more than 50% comfortable driving a stick. I bet she's a hoot driving in a parking garage. :cutie:

Hhmmm. That's exactly what I am gonna need. A Sonic Blue street car FTW !
This beast is a hoot driving anywhere, I swear !

C'mon, Mikey, can't ya see she wants the Cobra ?! :)

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
damn I love that car!:cutie: :yes:

I do, too. That is half the problem. :frown: :worried:

coralcoupe1993
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Hhmm... I do see a way to get back into the old Fords again ! LOL !
If only your '66 was a 7-Litre with the 427 option... you're prolly the only one that knows what that is !
Lord knows, I don't need the big projects anymore, though !!

Yup, just about all the 7-Litres where 428s but a few where 427s. Wow they are sweet! :goodidea:

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
man i hope i can find a deal like this when i graduate in the summer

Hey, it might still be available ! ;)

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Yup, just about all the 7-Litres where 428s but a few where 427s. Wow they are sweet! :goodidea:

I had one with the 428 and 4 speed that I bought from a police auction in 1971. I could never get a title, and wound up parting it out. Put the nice cast 7-Litre grill in my '65 Galaxie ! Traded the giant input/output shaft 4 speed for a complete '64 Falcon Spint that wasn't running. Sold the awkward-sized 9-3/8" rearend to somebody for like $200 !

coralcoupe1993
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I had one with the 428 and 4 speed that I bought from a police auction in 1971. I could never get a title, and wound up parting it out. Put the nice cast 7-Litre grill in my '65 Galaxie ! Traded the giant input/output shaft 4 speed for a complete '64 Falcon Spint that wasn't running. Sold the awkward-sized 9-3/8" rearend to somebody for like $200 !

All the 66 Grills I have are the 6-pickel, 289, 352 style. I want a cast one. My car is just mild 428 C-6 combo. The only go fast goodies are 2.5" Hooker exhaust, Edelbrock intake, carb and a Shift kit.

Ratt Fink
08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
All the 66 Grills I have are the 6-pickel, 289, 352 style. I want a cast one. My car is just mild 428 C-6 combo. The only go fast goodies are 2.5" Hooker exhaust, Edelbrock intake, carb and a Shift kit.

I thouht I saw some Edelbrock aluminum heads ? Maybe that was the '64 ?!
I knew where a cast grill was located not long ago. I will see if it still there.

racefan
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Don't Sell It Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfpack Speed
08-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Don't Sell It Man!!!!!!!!!!!!why don't you get rid of that silly historic fox body on the side of the garage and put your money where your mouth is:biglaugh: that would be the perfect car for you to duke it out with Lou in:awsome: im sure we would have to put an auto in it for you though:D

BoneCrusher
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow what a good deal! Sorry to see you getting out of it James, we'll miss all the cigar smoking, piston shifter handle, great commentary videos man.

If anyone here can come up with the loot this car is straight up nasty and as well done as any you'll find. I've seen this car and looked at it closely and it is done right down to the smallest detail. Someone's gonna get a freakin steal here.

racefan
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
HA HA Bite Me!!!!!!

coralcoupe1993
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I thouht I saw some Edelbrock aluminum heads ? Maybe that was the '64 ?!
I knew where a cast grill was located not long ago. I will see if it still there.

Let me know on the grill! Yes, the 64 is a 390 (now 417) w/ Performer RPM aluminum heads and try power. That thing SUCKED to tune! :laughing:

One Sweet Day
08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I do, too. That is half the problem. :frown: :worried:
shes just so photogenic! lol bet shes a beast to drive too. No chance for some heal time and then continue?

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow what a good deal! Sorry to see you getting out of it James, we'll miss all the cigar smoking, piston shifter handle, great commentary videos man.

If anyone here can come up with the loot this car is straight up nasty and as well done as any you'll find. I've seen this car and looked at it closely and it is done right down to the smallest detail. Someone's gonna get a freakin steal here.

Thanks, Mike. Once I get this nerve totally un-bound, I have got to keep it that way. A racer is a little tough to sell, regardless of $$ spent on it. I can't deny that I "abuse" it every time I race it, LOL !

James

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Let me know on the grill! Yes, the 64 is a 390 (now 417) w/ Performer RPM aluminum heads and try power. That thing SUCKED to tune! :laughing:

The idle adjust needles for the front and back carbs worked best when set between 1/8 and 1/4 turn out, and the center carb at about 1-1/4 turns out. Nice looking setup and good running when all is OK !

I'll be checking on the grill...

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
shes just so photogenic! lol bet shes a beast to drive too. No chance for some heal time and then continue?

This is my second time to do this, and it is taking much longer to get right. I was told the next time might well be much longer again. I ahev to accept that I ain't gonna get any younger, and I aint gonna get any less stubborn, so keeping the car I will most likely do something foolish again !

stanggrrl
08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Hhmmm. That's exactly what I am gonna need. A Sonic Blue street car FTW !
This beast is a hoot driving anywhere, I swear !

C'mon, Mikey, can't ya see she wants the Cobra ?! :)

Wanna make it an even trade? :innocent:

shawnsvtcobra
08-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Hope you stay around here with us James.

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Hope you stay around here with us James.

I don't think I will ever get lost ! Again, alot of good guys that I have been fortunate enough to get to know over time are just a little PM or thread post away. Just because I sell my car doesn't mean I don't care to know them anymore !

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Wanna make it an even trade? :innocent:

The car is loaded up and the truck is filled up. I am leaving out first thing in the morning. Comin' ta swap for a Sonic Blue GT ! I didn't think you would ever offer ! You sure I don't need to kick in some extra $$ to make it fair ?! ;)

scott5
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
i will give you my first two kids, my kidney, and any other body parts ya want.. o yea and my gf if you deliever.. hehe

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Colin, it sounds like the cast grill is possibly available, along with the release mechanism (which I think is different). I should be getting a call tomorrow evening, since the guy has to go to his storage and put his hands on it. He believes the turn signal lenses were good, as well. We shall see... I'l talke my camera and get some pics and see what he wants for it. Any idea what they are worth ?

Ratt Fink
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
i will give you my first two kids, my kidney, and any other body parts ya want.. o yea and my gf if you deliever.. hehe

I will just take the GF... can cut out the middle man on the kids that way ! :) :o

One Sweet Day
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
your suppose to offer things that people would want!:p

coralcoupe1993
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Colin, it sounds like the cast grill is possibly available, along with the release mechanism (which I think is different). I should be getting a call tomorrow evening, since the guy has to go to his storage and put his hands on it. He believes the turn signal lenses were good, as well. We shall see... I'l talke my camera and get some pics and see what he wants for it. Any idea what they are worth ?

Nice! I am not sure what it is worth???

stanggrrl
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
:p :p :p

The car is loaded up and the truck is filled up. I am leaving out first thing in the morning. Comin' ta swap for a Sonic Blue GT ! I didn't think you would ever offer ! You sure I don't need to kick in some extra $$ to make it fair ?! ;)

Ratt Fink
08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
LOL ! One day, I gotta buy you a beer... the way it is going, I may have to send ya the money !! ;)

scott5
08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I will just take the GF... can cut out the middle man on the kids that way ! :) :o

SOLD! i wont even take her for one last ride:laughing1: ..

Ratt Fink
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
SOLD! i wont even take her for one last ride:laughing1: ..

Well, you have seen pics of my baby, how 'bout some pics of yours !

You PA boys are a real piece of work, I tell ya !

One Sweet Day
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, you have seen pics of my baby, how 'bout some pics of yours !

You PA boys are a real piece of work, I tell ya !
Nah, Scott is just desperate....:rofl:

Ratt Fink
08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Colin, I got info on the cast '66 grill. Guy wants $100 for the grill and the release mechanism. I don't know if that is good or not. If interested, I can go and try to get some pics some time.

coralcoupe1993
08-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Colin, I got info on the cast '66 grill. Guy wants $100 for the grill and the release mechanism. I don't know if that is good or not. If interested, I can go and try to get some pics some time.

If it looks good, that is a good deal.

Ratt Fink
08-11-2007, 01:23 AM
If it looks good, that is a good deal.

OK, I will try to go get some pics and inspect it when I get a chance. Daughter getting married tomorrow evening, and possible sale of the car on Sunday/Monday have me stretched out !

coralcoupe1993
08-12-2007, 12:59 AM
OK, I will try to go get some pics and inspect it when I get a chance. Daughter getting married tomorrow evening, and possible sale of the car on Sunday/Monday have me stretched out !

Take your time! lol I have just frame sitting there. :laughing:

Ratt Fink
09-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Decided to not sell the car. Had a deal working, but with a bunch of weird things happening, including having my trailer get stolen, I pulled the plug on the sale. I went and bought another new trailer yesterday, and will try to run the car some more when I get better... I hope I get better !!

So, car is NOT for sale.

One Sweet Day
09-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Decided to not sell the car. Had a deal working, but with a bunch of weird things happening, including having my trailer get stolen, I pulled the plug on the sale. I went and bought another new trailer yesterday, and will try to run the car some more when I get better... I hope I get better !!

So, car is NOT for sale.
about time you came to your senses:laughing1:
you'll heal up, just take it easy! car probably will keep ya younger anyway:awsome:
sorry to hear about your trailer though.

Wolfpack Speed
09-03-2007, 12:51 PM

So, car is NOT for sale.this is awesome news brother!!! i was asking richard @ colombus this weekend about ya! this officially cured my hangover:rotflol: