PDA

View Full Version : need help from some locals west of pitt

phillysrt4
09-16-2006, 01:29 PM
A friend of mine just bought a car and is coming from indiana to NJ. He's using route 70 to get home and merge with the TP. I was thinking about meeting him to see his car where 70 meets 79, but I know of no rest stops or anything in the area.

Is there an easy place to meet and get some food where 70 meets 79?

Thanks

9002stang
09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes, thats Washington Pa. There are many places to stop. All kinds of food and malls etc. For you, take 79 South and then 70 west for approx 2 miles. There is an exit after murtland ave, I believe that would be good. Maybe someone here has the exit name. I cant remember it off hand.

phillysrt4
09-16-2006, 01:38 PM
based on what I see from maps I dont doubt it, but having never been there I dont know what to tell him as far as directions to somewhere.

I suppose I could figure it out.

phillysrt4
09-16-2006, 02:28 PM
nevermind... google maps + mapquest = places to eat

Troll
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't know the name of the exit either, but it's ROUTE 19. Like Joe said, it's about 2 miles east of where 79 merges with 70. Take Route 19N and there are many places to eat and meet on each side of the road. McDonalds, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, TGIFridays, just to name a few. On your way back home, go south of 70 on 19 about 1 mile and turn around in Stropes Speed Shop parking lot. Do a big FWD burnout (my God don't break anything and look stupid), flip them the finger and yell, "4UCK YOU, BANDITS!" :goodidea:

phillysrt4
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't know the name of the exit either, but it's ROUTE 19. Like Joe said, it's about 2 miles east of where 79 merges with 70. Take Route 19N and there are many places to eat and meet on each side of the road. McDonalds, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, TGIFridays, just to name a few. On your way back home, go south of 70 on 19 about 1 mile and turn around in Stropes Speed Shop parking lot. Do a big FWD burnout (my God don't break anything and look stupid), flip them the finger and yell, "4UCK YOU, BANDITS!" :goodidea:

lol i take it they screwed you??