PDA

View Full Version : York, PA....car scene

somethingclever
09-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Well....i moved out near york about 2.5 yrs ago...and was only there for 1 yr...the car scene was always the "circuit" in downtown york...and maybe the wally world parking lot on the east side.

I'm out here this weekend visiting some friends....and decided to head down to 30 and try to find the new hangout....well....i didn't have to look too far. I swear...it was like a seen out of f & f....LOL...the car scene has picked up a TON out here since i left...and it was actually pretty good when i was here...now it's just out of control...there must've been close to 400 cars in one of the parking lots...ppl everywhere...before i even got there i ran into a 03 cobra at a light on 30...dude wanted to run:rolleyes:...right there...on 30...i couldn't believe it...i have no idea where the cops sit and 30 was WAY too busy for that..not to mention a terrible spot...so i declined...

So i was there for all of .5 hr and i must've seen 3 races on 30...i can't believe the cops don't sit in the lot or near a light....one race was actually a sport bike (not sure if 1 liter or not..it looked big)...and a turbo'd civic..they were neck and neck and raced for probably 1000'...so they were FLYING down 30....all i could think was "someone is going to die or go to jail"...anyway..shortly after the cops came and dispersed the crowd...:3gears: anyone else goes down to 30 in york...cause that's BY FAR the biggest and stupidest car scene i've ever seen.

Troll
09-24-2006, 12:26 AM
:jackit: :EvilGrin:

Viper_ed
09-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Did you go to Coombs Tavern get get the Best Prime Rib around???

somethingclever
09-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Did you go to Coombs Tavern get get the Best Prime Rib around???

Negatory....i'll have to look that place up next time i'm out.:yes:

yeahloh95
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
i was down there for 2 years going to school and never went out and checked the scene out now i wish i would have:pepper:

BOOSTED98GT
09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I haven't been over to York since College. I would see enough rice on RT 30 to know I probably wasn't interested in going to any shows.

somethingclever
09-26-2006, 07:51 AM
There is a TON of rice in york...but still a fair amt of mustangs/f-body's...and there was even 4 or 5 tubbed cars on sat night that were running around...even 1 or 2 with ladder bars...my mid 11 sec ride was way slow down there. :eek: