PDA

View Full Version : Terminator owners in here!

BoneCrusher
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm sure a lot of you guys have dealt with/are dealing with the old hesitation issue. The PPRV mod of the stock fuel hat is something I've been meaning to do forever I just really would rather have it done by someone who has done this and knows what he is doing seeing as fuel delivery is kinda important. The sending unit is a bitch and dropping the fuel tank is something I'm not trying to do on my back.

So I took my ride down to Mike at Wolfpack Speed for the PPRV mod along with a few other things. Check out these pics:

1st one is the stock fuel hat
2nd one is the PPRV mod Mike did

Next up is to drive the car as is to see how it affected my slight hesitation at high RPM's then get Mike to data log my car and have Jon Lund tune it.

This is a highly worthwhile mod IMHO and I couldn't be happier with Mike's attention to detail and work.

GOT SVT
09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
cool mike

we have done a bunch of these lately and what a difference

good luck with your new tune and no more hesitation

Wolfpack Speed
09-17-2007, 11:35 PM
thanks for the props mike! that is definitely a must mod imo....:goodidea:

u1arunit
09-18-2007, 09:03 AM
cool mike

we have done a bunch of these lately and what a difference

good luck with your new tune and no more hesitation

Yep we have a system down now.

We have done about 5-6 of these so far.

It will eliminate the hesitation between shifts for sure.

Not sure if your high rpms hesitation is the same thing though?

racefan
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey Mike @ Wolfpack, By the looks of most of the stuff you work on, you should get in the Tire business also!!!!:pinkthumb:

Wolfpack Speed
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Mike @ Wolfpack, By the looks of most of the stuff you work on, you should get in the Tire business also!!!!:pinkthumb:
ok now sir, your the 17th person who has told me that in the last week! we have a spin balancer, working on a mount and dismount machine:sticktonge:

SV1000s
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM

LMAO!! Colin alone would keep Mike in business! :laughing:
Most of the strips on Campbells Run are courtesy of a little 93 coupe and a 95 GT !

o4c0b|2a
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Mike worked on my car a few months back. He did a great job on and it treated it like it was his own car. He did the pprv delete and my car shifts smooth as hell with that and the a tune from Jon Lund. Couldn't be happier with it now. Hope it works out good for you too.
Ed

White5.0
09-18-2007, 12:57 PM
looks like good work....can someone explain to me what this mod is for? what hesitation occurs? im just curious im not familiar with the 03/04 cobra stuff

Cam99
09-18-2007, 01:18 PM
looks like good work....can someone explain to me what this mod is for? what hesitation occurs? im just curious im not familiar with the 03/04 cobra stuff

Shifting at high rpm/ wot it falls on it's face for a second and then picks up again. Sometimes also when your at part throttle and go WOT it will do the same thing. PRVV is a checkvalve in the fuel system that has proven to help cause this condition in modified Cobra's.

White5.0
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Shifting at high rpm/ wot it falls on it's face for a second and then picks up again. Sometimes also when your at part throttle and go WOT it will do the same thing. PRVV is a checkvalve in the fuel system that has proven to help cause this condition in modified Cobra's.

thanks for the info Cam99 :goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Mike worked on my car a few months back. He did a great job on and it treated it like it was his own car. He did the pprv delete and my car shifts smooth as hell with that and the a tune from Jon Lund. Couldn't be happier with it now. Hope it works out good for you too.
Ed
thanks Ed, i really appreciate that!!! i got some t-shirts coming soon, make sure you stop down for one!

NateSVT
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
My car has bad hesitation. If I do the PPRV mod will I need a new tune?

Mike, isn't that Josh's car in the last pic? Whats wrong with it, i heard he blew it up?

GOT SVT
09-18-2007, 02:21 PM
He treated it like it was his own car.

that is a scary thought :biglaugh:

good luck with the shop mike, looks like things are going well for ya :awsome:

BoneCrusher
09-18-2007, 02:42 PM
My car has bad hesitation. If I do the PPRV mod will I need a new tune?....

Nate you don't need a new tune and it may fix your hesitation but if the tune is a good bit off then it may need tweaked as well. Either way man this is a mod that is definitely worth it.

Big Lou--I don't know what you are talking about my tires are just getting broke in got a lot more miles to go on those bad boys:sticktonge::sticktonge::laughing:

Wolfpack Speed
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
My car has bad hesitation. If I do the PPRV mod will I need a new tune?

Mike, isn't that Josh's car in the last pic? Whats wrong with it, i heard he blew it up?

Nate,

i can't remember who you had tune your car but if it's a solid file by an experienced tuner you should be fine. as mentioned, there have been some cases were the pprv didn't fix all but from that point it is correctable by a knowledgeable tuner.

yes, thats his car! he hurt #7, i did some testing but didn't take the head off, im pretty sure he bent a valve!

Wolfpack Speed
09-18-2007, 04:11 PM
that is a scary thought :biglaugh:

good luck with the shop mike, looks like things are going well for ya :awsome:
thanks brother!

WizardsCobra
09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Thats my old GT in that picture. Sad to hear the motor didn't make it long.

Wolfpack Speed
09-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Thats my old GT in that picture. Sad to hear the motor didn't make it long.it's 4 sale if either of you want it back!!!

BoneCrusher
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
OK got some good WOT miles on it since the PPRV and I don't know WTF I was waiting for. NO hesitation of any kind and I mean I hammered it all day yesterday. WOT 1-4th at least 10 times....it was a great day.

Wolfpack Speed
09-21-2007, 10:29 AM
OK got some good WOT miles on it since the PPRV and I don't know WTF I was waiting for. NO hesitation of any kind and I mean I hammered it all day yesterday. WOT 1-4th at least 10 times....it was a great day.
sweet dude, good to hear:highfive:

coralcoupe1993
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
LMAO!! Colin alone would keep Mike in business! :laughing:
Most of the strips on Campbells Run are courtesy of a little 93 coupe and a 95 GT !

Ya like the new one? That is the GT in 1st walking up the hill on the limiter!:thmbsup: Was going to hit 2nd but was worried about the car behind me.

SV1000s
09-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I wasn't home when you did that one....no need to seal the asphalt in Pgh with you driving around!

coralcoupe1993
09-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I wasn't home when you did that one....no need to seal the asphalt in Pgh with you driving around!

I am just burning off Gregs Kelly's. lol They make some nice smoke. :rotflol:

SV1000s
09-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Definitely less mosquitos when you're "driving" on Campbells Run

coralcoupe1993
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Definitely less mosquitos when you're "driving" on Campbells Run

I miss the good ole days. 99 Cobra up the hill at 6800 RPM sideways in the snow! :biglaugh:

SV1000s
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
:highfive: :rofl:

no1sirbutler
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
is there a kit you can buy w/ everything in it to do this mod of is it just some random parts you can get at the local parts store?

GOT SVT
10-06-2007, 11:37 PM
no kit to my knowledge but i am pretty sure i have all the parts needed, let me know if you wanna buy them

will sell you them for what i paid for them

no1sirbutler
10-06-2007, 11:59 PM
yeah man im interested in buying them b/c i have this problem now. how much do you want for them and i might be able to pick them up depending on where you live.

LXguy88
10-08-2007, 01:20 AM
so you go from big twisty straw to Gaint fuel hose. I see......cobra's love fuel. hahahaha

Cam99
10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I just had this done on my car and it made a big difference.

no1sirbutler
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
so where do you get the parts to do this mod?

u1arunit
10-08-2007, 08:54 PM
so where do you get the parts to do this mod?

Napa has the hose clamps, a Gates stocking distributor has the hose available, and the method to do it is here:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59083&highlight=pprv+removal

Don't forget to install the KB disc under the FRPS(fuel rail pressure sensor) as well.

Hose part number is:

SAE J30R10 Submersible fuel hose Gates product #42196184, part number #27097, Napa parts #H213. Comes in 1 foot lengths and 225 foot rolls and only 3/8 ID.

You need 2 feet of this hose. No other hose is a substitute! Anything else will melt in the fuel tank!!!!

You need 6 3/8" hose clamps for FUEL INJECTION hose from Napa.

Here is the Kenne Bell contact info for the disc you need:

Phone (909) 941-6646

Let me know if you need anthing else after you've read all five pages in the link I posted and I will help ya. :goodidea:

Wolfpack Speed
10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
so where do you get the parts to do this mod?all you need is a 1' piece of submersible fuel hose and 3 stainless hose clamps...car quest or napa ($25). there is no need for a KB Disc or to replace the 2 corrugated lines coming from the pumps...IMO. the 3rd stainless hose clamp is to keep the line from kinking. the second picture that crusher posted tells all, good luck either way:awsome:

no1sirbutler
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
thanks guys i already have the KB fuel disc in b/c i have a KB 2.1 on my car. if i dont need it can i remove it w/o fear of bursting the FPRS

gmkillr
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Why not just take it to Wolfpack Speed and let Mike set you up!
Mikes work & customer service is awesome!!:goodidea:

burntire
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
It is my understanding when I went thru hesitation hell that the injectors shut down first then the pumps a milla second later. Boom you have a fuel pressure spike. The PPRV relives some on this pressure. When you get back into the throttle the injectors open but there is lower pressure in the line and it takes the milla second for the pumps to re supply the necessary pressure. Bam you have the hesitation. It seems to be worse on cars with 60lb injectors because they flow greater and aggravate the issue more with the reduced pressure in the line.

Like Mark said without the PPRV the FRPS takes some additional pressures so that is where the KB disc comes in.

Also I used smooth hose clamps on mine.

Mike I would like some pink lug nuts.

BoneCrusher
10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Man this thread went to hell. Mark would you or Lou mind cleaning this thread up for me? I don't want this to be a debate about what is the right way to do a PPRV I just would like it to be a reference for other Terminator owners who may have or had the same hesitation problems I did so if they read this or search for it on our site they will have some points of reference. Thanks alot.

Sonic03snake
10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Man this thread went to hell. Mark would you or Lou mind cleaning this thread up for me? I don't want this to be a debate about what is the right way to do a PPRV I just would like it to be a reference for other Terminator owners who may have or had the same hesitation problems I did so if they read this or search for it on our site they will have some points of reference. Thanks alot.
Done little buddy.:thmbsup:

burntire
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Lou what is this censorship?
I was starting to enjoy it. LOL

BoneCrusher
10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Done little buddy.:thmbsup:

Thanks little Lou:goodidea:

u1arunit
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Group hug everyone! ;)