PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Beaver Run on Thursday, which car to take???

Killercanary
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I have a sales meeting on Thursday and its being held at Beaver Run. Needless to say I'm excited to say the least. I asked my boss if we can bring our own cars or if we have to use theirs and he said we can bring our own. We will be karting, autocrossing, and heading out onto the road course. I think they will provide us with prepped mazda 6's from what my boss said, but since I can take my own vehicle I plan to take one of my own. Should I take the mustang or my wife's Mr2 Spyder??? I really don't know which one to take. Most of my co-workers know of my mustang and it'd be cool to show it to them, but at the same time I have some pressure on me since everyone knows I'm a gear head and that I race. I don't want to take one of my cars and be shown up by one of my co-workers in a prepped track car. I know the Mr2 will be quicker on the autocross course, but on the road course I think the stang will be faster if they let me run it. I think I need a roll bar in order to be allowed to race on the actual course, and I'm not sure mine will suffice. Which car would you take??? Has anyone raced at Beaver?

scott5
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
mr2 FTW

GOT SVT
10-16-2007, 08:55 PM
take the stang

i was at beaverun with my 03 cobra and had a blast

SV1000s
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
calling for rain Thursday...take the yota

u1arunit
10-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Mr2!

Killercanary
10-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, after checking the weather, I might not be taking any of my cars. If its going to rain like its calling for now, I'll just drive theirs. Thanks for the suggestions though.

351SVT
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I have a sales meeting on Thursday and its being held at Beaver Run. Needless to say I'm excited to say the least. I asked my boss if we can bring our own cars or if we have to use theirs and he said we can bring our own. We will be karting, autocrossing, and heading out onto the road course. I think they will provide us with prepped mazda 6's from what my boss said, but since I can take my own vehicle I plan to take one of my own. Should I take the mustang or my wife's Mr2 Spyder??? I really don't know which one to take. Most of my co-workers know of my mustang and it'd be cool to show it to them, but at the same time I have some pressure on me since everyone knows I'm a gear head and that I race. I don't want to take one of my cars and be shown up by one of my co-workers in a prepped track car. I know the Mr2 will be quicker on the autocross course, but on the road course I think the stang will be faster if they let me run it. I think I need a roll bar in order to be allowed to race on the actual course, and I'm not sure mine will suffice. Which car would you take??? Has anyone raced at Beaver?

I did that a year or so ago with a bunch of ford dealership owners. We used the M6 with the cone coarse,old police cruisers for the road coarse, and we also did the karts.

351SVT
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
The police cruisers we drove did not have roll cages in them and we were doing over 100mph on the straight sections. They taught us some state police moves(180's),drifting around turns, and how to steer the car with the brakes.