PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan Wiring ?

02pnygt
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I have an 02 Mustang GT that I am looking to run a switch on to override the cooling fan. I have read that this can be done by splicing into one of the wires out of the computer harness, running it to a switch, and grounding the other side of the switch. Problem is I am not sure which wire in the harness I need to splice into. Anyone happen to know what color code wire this would be for an 02? Any pointers to look out for?

thanks
Kerry

StreetLethal
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Its the LIGHT-GREEN wire with the purple stripe! Terry

02pnygt
11-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the answer. Let me ask this. Do I have to splice into it by the computer or could I also do the samething where the wires plug into the rad fan and just run the wire back into the car? I ask because it would be alot easier to acces there.

StreetLethal
11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
You can get to the wire in the passenger inner fender coming out of the ccrm (constant control relay module) module I think.

02pnygt
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
You can get to the wire in the passenger inner fender coming out of the ccrm (constant control relay module) module I think.

thanks again. I was looking at a wiring diagram the other day. Looked like the wire ran from the ecm to a relay so i would have to tap into it between that run. I have the inner fenders wells out of the car so I will take a look.